OTA version 2.1.33

We are now in a time of vastly improved capabilities where over-the-air updates can be sent to thousands of cars simultaneously. However, it's disappointing that, even five days after the release of a newer software version on a Thursday, some owners still haven't received an update. LUCID needs to address this issue promptly. As of now, I'm disheartened by the slow pace of updates.

We are now in a time of vastly improved capabilities where over-the-air updates can be sent to thousands of cars simultaneously. However, it's disappointing that, even five days after the release of a newer software version on a Thursday, some owners still haven't received an update. LUCID needs to address this issue promptly. As of now, I'm disheartened by the slow pace of updates.
You realize this is for a reason, right? It's so that if there's a problem found with update, they don't have to fix 1000s of cars. If they were to push a buggy update to every car right away, they may have a lot of pissed off owners to deal with.

Why are you disheartened? Is there a specific feature that you’ve been waiting for in this new release? If everything is working properly with no issues, it’s best to be a little bit patient and it will arrive when the time is right.

You realize this is for a reason, right? It's so that if there's a problem found with update, they don't have to fix 1000s of cars. If they were to push a buggy update to every car right away, they may have a lot of pissed off owners to deal with.
Great point! In fact I think that 2.1.25 was exactly that scenario.

I can verify this since there was an issue with my update that was rapidly fixed before too many cars had the issue.

Chilax, you are missing absolutely nothing. It takes about a week for updates to roll out to the fleet. It’s random, so it doesn’t mean you that are going to be at the end of the line every time.

I think it would be a hoot for the next update to revert to the v1.x of the software for about an hour or two, so that people could see how far we've come.

I think it would be a hoot for the next update to revert to the v1.x of the software for about an hour or two, so that people could see how far we've come.
My car had v1.04 when I picked it up almost 2 years ago, no thanks. No cruise control, door handles that wouldn't' stay open, useless NAV system, etc.

We absolutely have come a long way, but we still have a long way to go, IMHO.

I would love for this to happen.

Chilax, you are missing absolutely nothing. It takes about a week for updates to roll out to the fleet. It’s random, so it doesn’t mean you that are going to be at the end of the line every time.
I was near the front of the line for the last few updates, but seem to be near the back for this one. It is random. I don't think there's anything in this update that's an urgent need. The last car I had didn't get OTA updates, had to go to the dealer for software fixes. And it had some significant bugs. So this whole OTA thing is a big improvement.

I only got to see the v1.x software for the test drive. But since we weren't using a lot of the features during the drive, I didn't really notice what it wasn't doing. I think it would be cool to see it now.

Then the world would end, there would be people panicking about their Airs, the doors not opening, and other random chaos, lol

I was near the front of the line for the last few updates, but seem to be near the back for this one. It is random. I don't think there's anything in this update that's an urgent need. The last car I had didn't get OTA updates, had to go to the dealer for software fixes. And it had some significant bugs. So this whole OTA thing is a big improvement.

I only got to see the v1.x software for the test drive. But since we weren't using a lot of the features during the drive, I didn't really notice what it wasn't doing. I think it would be cool to see it now.
1.0 is the modern day equivalent of positioning the rabbit ear antenna over the tv in order to get a half decent picture. It was really bad!

By the time GTs rolled out, most of us knew what we were getting into with the software. However, I still feel bad for the DE buyers who probably thought they were getting software comparable to what we have today. There are quite a few people who sold their cars before ever having the opportunity to enjoy it with software that is relatively stable. I’m hoping that before too long we get 3.0 and look back at 2.0 the way many of us look back at 1.0. That woujd really be something.

1.0 is the modern day equivalent of positioning the rabbit ear antenna over the tv in order to get a half decent picture. It was really bad!

By the time GTs rolled out, most of us knew what we were getting into with the software. However, I still feel bad for the DE buyers who probably thought they were getting software comparable to what we have today. There are quite a few people who sold their cars before ever having the opportunity to enjoy it with software that is relatively stable. I’m hoping that before too long we get 3.0 and look back at 2.0 the way many of us look back at 1.0. That woujd really be something.
I feel 1.0 tainted the lucid brand forever, which is a very sad thing for me as the vehicle and even the software is now a dream. It is similar to Tesla and their panel gap reputation, which they will NEVER ever let go of(yes it’s still bad now but relatively.. kind of similar to air software and its relativity to old versions vs other mfgs!)

Then again, some DE buyers would have canceled if the software delayed the launch EVEN further. I feel that the actual vehicle was put over software in development, which to me is a GREAT thing. It surely shows..

Haven’t received the notification yet for my vehicle, but then again I’m away in RI for a week and purposefully not checking the app so I can see what the vampire drain of my Rivian versus the LUCID will be

Just got the "coming soon" update this evening. Took about 45 minutes to load up. I haven't driven the car yet.

My car had v1.04 when I picked it up almost 2 years ago, no thanks. No cruise control, door handles that wouldn't' stay open, useless NAV system, etc.

We absolutely have come a long way, but we still have a long way to go, IMHO.
Wouldn't say long way to go, we are about 80% there. Just need a few features, maybe a little more robustness. What else do you need? Pleae don't say fart noises!

Back