OTA version 2.1.33

I feel 1.0 tainted the lucid brand forever, which is a very sad thing for me as the vehicle and even the software is now a dream. It is similar to Tesla and their panel gap reputation, which they will NEVER ever let go of(yes it’s still bad now but relatively.. kind of similar to air software and its relativity to old versions vs other mfgs!)

Then again, some DE buyers would have canceled if the software delayed the launch EVEN further. I feel that the actual vehicle was put over software in development, which to me is a GREAT thing. It surely shows..
Yep, big big mistake by Lucid. Tesla succeeded mostly due to software. It just works! Lucid should have realized and put more effort into it.

Yep, big big mistake by Lucid. Tesla succeeded mostly due to software. It just works! Lucid should have realized and put more effort into it.
They made a much better drivers car. Something more comfortable and better driving than a Tesla and more useful than a Taycans. Software will catch up, it's all the other stuff you can't fix. Have some patience.

They made a much better drivers car. Something more comfortable and better driving than a Tesla and more useful than a Taycans. Software will catch up, it's all the other stuff you can't fix. Have some patience.
Exactly why I stated this approach was better. All those years of high speed testing, aerodynamic changes, etc really paid off at the end. To me, the Air is the perfect blend between every single electric sedan and its attributes(many taycan owners say the air drives very well compared to it, build quality/materials of an i7 or EQS and a touch of modern luxury, along with better than Tesla levels of powertrain miniuarizatiom. and in back seat space, nobody even touches it unless its a foot longer.)

You can fix software easily... its a harder thing to fix actual cars.

Interesting observation...
The Alexa voice and navigation voice are very different. I don't remember them being different before.

When I walked uphill in the snow both ways to/from school and only ate on Thursdays between 5:00pm & 5:01pm.

Got the update.. but don't really see or feel any major change.. I don't use Sirius XM and don't have a Pure.. what are the other enhancements that may not have been stated in the updates log?

mini-chef makes coffee for you

However, I still feel bad for the DE buyers who probably thought they were getting software comparable to what we have today.
No need - I got to drive a spectacular car for many months before others, so sure, the software sucked, but I was so enthralled by the driving that unless the software literally stuck out a tongue and spit at me, I was going to drive it.

There are quite a few people who sold their cars before ever having the opportunity to enjoy it with software that is relatively stable.
Yeah, I think it’s unfortunate. I said I’d give them a year before I sold it, and they were well within that year when 2.0 came out.

I feel 1.0 tainted the lucid brand forever, which is a very sad thing for me as the vehicle and even the software is now a dream.
Not forever. It was a short time stint, their first car, and the first vehicles. All they need is another car with good reviews of its software, and the perception changes.

Tesla’s issues with panel gaps persisted across *every* model they produced, which is why they’re having trouble shaking the reputation.

Tesla succeeded mostly due to software. It just works! Lucid should have realized and put more effort into it.
“Should have” is a dirty phrase. Should have at the expense of what? Taking more time meant launch delays, which meant even more time without revenue and a shipped car. And if they didn’t extend the timeline, then maybe they could have invested more money and people on software, but absent an infinite budget, that would have meant cutting elsewhere. Where would you have preferred they cut? Motor engineering? Chassis? Suspension? Design?

You get the point. They had to focus *somewhere* with the resources they had. They chose to focus on the things that they *couldn’t* change later. That’s the same decision I would’ve made, personally.

I just got a notice for it this afternoon. I'll install it tonight.

Got a notice late in the evening, will I stall in the morning

I received notification that my car has software update. I proceeded to upgrade the software to .33. during the upgrade process, the car brake lights are on making my dark garage glow bright red.

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_205621736.webp
    IMG_20231030_205621736.webp
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20231030_205656791.webp
    IMG_20231030_205656791.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 34
Back