OTA version 2.1.33

Does this mean it could be a purposeful decision? That would be really weird though..
Since they are using HERE for maps, my guess is this voice came with whatever update they are using from them. Likely out of Lucid's control.

Anyone icons flashing when playing Tidal music post 2.1.33? I don't think I've noticed this happening before.
Nope and I listen to Tidal pretty much exclusively in the car. Did a logo reset fix it?

I've never used the voice navigation but based on the replies in this thread, had to give it a shot. At first I thought it had a strong computer voice, but after a few directions I got used to it. Back to my preferred silent mode.
Yup, I'm pretty much silent mode too.

Since they are using HERE for maps, my guess is this voice came with whatever update they are using from them. Likely out of Lucid's control.
The voice I know was a purposeful decision(genesis also changed) but the flickering is what I wonder about.

I wonder if those icons acts the same way with none Tidal music.
Yes and it wouldn’t play any tracks. I also took a video of it. At the same time that started, I received this error and then CarPlay dropped. Everything happened at pretty much the same time. An infotainment reset didn’t fix it, but a valet card seemed to work. Glad I’m not the only one who has been plagued by ghosts lately.

1698789829623.webp

The voice I know was a purposeful decision(genesis also changed) but the flickering is what I wonder about.
That could very well be a bug. I use CarPlay and turn off all navigation prompts, so I haven't heard it.

Someone needs to incorporate WAZE for navigation. It’s still better than Google maps even though Google owns it. I suppose Google legally may not be able to use the functionality such as other users identifying cops on the road 🙂

Has anyone experienced connectivity difficulties? I cannot connect to Tidal for at least 5-10 minutes after getting in the car. LOGO reset didn’t fix it.

Has anyone experienced connectivity difficulties? I cannot connect to Tidal for at least 5-10 minutes after getting in the car. LOGO reset didn’t fix it.
Do you have wifi turned on? Some have found turning it off helps.

Thanks Bobby, it worked.
Interesting because one of the improvements in 2.1.33 is handoff between WiFi and LTE which has worked very well for me on 2.1.33. Prior to this update I kept WiFi off.

Interesting because one of the improvements in 2.1.33 is handoff between WiFi and LTE which has worked very well for me on 2.1.33. Prior to this update I kept WiFi off.

Right after I downloaded 2.1.33 , I encountered the extended lag. Prior to the update, it would be a minute or 2 , but now it was 5-10 minutes.

It is strange and theoretically it could have been due to some other factor . I am going to turn Wi-Fi back on tomorrow and see if I get the same lag.

For now, just happy it seems to be working seamlessly.

Last edited:
Anyone icons flashing when playing Tidal music post 2.1.33? I don't think I've noticed this happening before.
Yes, my tidal icons are flashing also on 2.1.33. Look…

Last edited:
One of the features is not an improvement. My wife asked me yesterday why my navigation now sounds like a lady robot with a sore throat.

I finally was able to compare the lady robot voice before and after the 2.1.33 update. Here it is and enjoy! the first voice navigation is Before 2.1.33 and the second is After. They are different but I don’t really prefer one over the other. What do you guys think?

I finally was able to compare the lady robot voice before and after the 2.1.33 update. Here it is and enjoy! the first voice navigation is Before 2.1.33 and the second is After.
Nice that you captured both! I prefer the prior voice. it is perhaps more robotic, but also sounds gentler to me.

I finally was able to compare the lady robot voice before and after the 2.1.33 update. Here it is and enjoy! the first voice navigation is Before 2.1.33 and the second is After. They are different but I don’t really prefer one over the other. What do you guys think?

View attachment 16015

View attachment 16016
Definitely different. I usually have sound off, but I turned it on this morning just to check out the new voice. It definitely sounds more natural, less robotic.

Maybe a few years from now after all the needed updates are delivered, Lucid can update Navigation with user selectable voices. Back when I had a Garmin in the car, I used to have it set to the voice with the Australian accent. It was nice to listen to.

Back