OTA version 2.1.33

Maybe a few years from now after all the needed updates are delivered, Lucid can update Navigation with user selectable voices. Back when I had a Garmin in the car, I used to have it set to the voice with the Australian accent. It was nice to listen to.
On our Landrover a number of years ago we had Nigel, a articulate English gentleman.

I finally was able to compare the lady robot voice before and after the 2.1.33 update. Here it is and enjoy! the first voice navigation is Before 2.1.33 and the second is After. They are different but I don’t really prefer one over the other. What do you guys think?
View attachment 16015
View attachment 16016
Agreed, it’s not as bad as people here make it out to be, they’re both androids, just different.
also, howcome not many folks are talking about the seamless handoff of Wi-Fi. I can finally have uninterrupted SiriusXM from my garage

Happen to mine too. This is definitely a refresh bug.
Deep sleep reboot seems to fix it. I had it right after the update. Put the car to deep sleep and after, it hasn't happened again for three separate start and drives.

also, howcome not many folks are talking about the seamless handoff of Wi-Fi. I can finally have uninterrupted SiriusXM from my garage

I’m still waiting for Highway Assist to come back. Beyond that I don’t take notice of much else.

Deep sleep reboot seems to fix it. I had it right after the update. Put the car to deep sleep and after, it hasn't happened again for three separate start and drives.

I just came back from California and woke her up in 6 days deep sleep.

If it ever had been halted, it appears to no longer be halted.

Who knows what happened. But it seems OTAs are back up and running, given how many people seem to be getting notified today.
I was told by a service representative that they push new OTAs to new cars first and then work backwards to cars already built. I was told that this current update has been available at the beginning of the month and I got my notice on Monday to update.

I was told by a service representative that they push new OTAs to new cars first and then work backwards to cars already built. I was told that this current update has been available at the beginning of the month and I got my notice on Monday to update.
For some reason, I think this is just more employee BS, old cars also got it to my knowledge. It is likely random based on what we have seen..

For some reason, I think this is just more employee BS, old cars also got it to my knowledge. It is likely random based on what we have seen..
Agreed. You would want a random sampling to test for bugs, not just the newest off the lot.

Agreed. You would want a random sampling to test for bugs, not just the newest off the lot.
Yes, as a unofficial software developer this is how it should work. In addition, new owners are likely to be less forgiving of any bugs they encounter than veterans.

This is not accurate.

To clarify, the bit about the order of cars who get the update is inaccurate. The update did start deploying to cars a few weeks ago. But they stopped and started a few times. Likely as they found issues they wanted to patch.

Got 2.1.33 overnight and tried out the nav to hear the new voice. I agree that it doesn't sound right. They tried to make it sound more human, I think, but it just sounds like an angry/impatient humanoid woman. The old voice, which is the same voice as Alexa, I believe, is more sultry robotic woman, but it's more pleasant sounding.
LOL.. I said to my wife the other day that the voice sounded like an angry impatient woman. She also sounded very demanding with the "TURN RIGHT NOW!" when the turn was actually a few hundred feet away.

LOL.. I said to my wife the other day that the voice sounded like an angry impatient woman. She also sounded very demanding with the "TURN RIGHT NOW!" when the turn was actually a few hundred feet away.

I would have shouted right back - “OKAY, KAREN!”

I usually drive with navigation sound off, but when I turned it on during a drive, I noticed that the instructions were wrong: as I was approaching an intersection, with a light, where I was supposed to be turning left, it announced “at the third light turn left." This happened several times during the drive. The on screen display was correct just the voice prompt was wrong.

I usually drive with navigation sound off, but when I turned it on during a drive, I noticed that the instructions were wrong: as I was approaching an intersection, with a light, where I was supposed to be turning left, it announced “at the third light turn left." This happened several times during the drive. The on screen display was correct just the voice prompt was wrong.
I noticed the same last night when using the navigation. I heard clearly that the navigation stated "make a left on second light" prior to approaching the intersection. As I approached the intersection, the navigation sudden switch to "make left turn at the light."

I noticed the same last night when using the navigation. I heard clearly that the navigation stated "make a left on second light" prior to approaching the intersection. As I approached the intersection, the navigation sudden switch to "make left turn at the light."
Which of the two was the right way in your case?

I finally was able to compare the lady robot voice before and after the 2.1.33 update. Here it is and enjoy! the first voice navigation is Before 2.1.33 and the second is After. They are different but I don’t really prefer one over the other. What do you guys think?
View attachment 16015
View attachment 16016
Both are fine with me for when I have the voice activated. I usually keep it muted because I don't like my music being interrupted.

Both are fine with me for when I have the voice activated. I usually keep it muted because I don't like my music being interrupted.
I just don’t like taking orders from women 🤷‍♂️

(Kidding, don’t @ me)

Has anyone noticed a difference in the regen strength after updating to 2.1.33? I have the regen set to High. The morning after I installed this, it seemed like the car didn't slow as fast as it normally does. Not a big difference, just slightly off. I was wondering if it was just me, but someone asked about it in one of the Facebook groups last night, so I don't think it is. I know that isn't an official part of the update, could just be a general "improvement".

Has anyone noticed a difference in the regen strength after updating to 2.1.33? I have the regen set to High. The morning after I installed this, it seemed like the car didn't slow as fast as it normally does. Not a big difference, just slightly off. I was wondering if it was just me, but someone asked about it in one of the Facebook groups last night, so I don't think it is. I know that isn't an official part of the update, could just be a general "improvement".
Battery temp (i.e. cold) and SOC (state of charge - high ~> 90%) will limit regen.

Back