OTA Update 2.1.64

If you hit "Learn More" it says:
This software update improves connectivity of the telematics control . module.

If that means it will make my mobile key work for walk up unlock/wall away lock and stop demanding a PIN to drive, I will be very grateful!

Reactions: jri

If that means it will make my mobile key work for walk up unlock/wall away lock and stop demanding a PIN to drive, I will be very grateful!
You shouldn't need an update for that. It's not working like that now for most people.

You shouldn't need an update for that. It's not working like that now for most people.
I 100% agree, but tell that to my car. And please don't tell me to reinstall the mobile key, play with app settings, etc. I've done everything suggested on this forum or by Lucid. These are the same issues that Tesla had in 2019, and Lucid's software needs the same type of fixes that Tesla implemented to prevent the issue.

I 100% agree, but tell that to my car. And please don't tell me to reinstall the mobile key, play with app settings, etc. I've done everything suggested on this forum or by Lucid. These are the same issues that Tesla had in 2019, and Lucid's software needs the same type of fixes that Tesla implemented to prevent the issue.
I don’t know how to make this more clear: there is something wrong with either your phone setup or your car. This is not a thing that happens for other people with mobile key.

If you haven’t already had service look at it, do that. If you have, make them look at it again.

This is completely not related to anything Tesla has done or not done in the past.

I don’t know how to make this more clear: there is something wrong with either your phone setup or your car. This is not a thing that happens for other people with mobile key.

If you haven’t already had service look at it, do that. If you have, make them look at it again.

This is completely not related to anything Tesla has done or not done in the past.
I think the Pixel 7 Pro still has these issues from time to time, at least from my experience, to be fair. I wouldn't be shocked if he has a Pixel

I think the Pixel 7 Pro still has these issues from time to time, at least from my experience, to be fair. I wouldn't be shocked if he has a Pixel
I do have a Pixel 8. It works absolutely flawlessly as a mobile key for my Model 3. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with my phone. If the car lets me get in, but then demands a PIN, that sounds like either a software issue or a strange hardware (antenna reception) issue that would be limited to Android devices. Occam's razor suggests to me it is software. I've had the Air only a week, and it was new from the factory, so I'm hoping it has all the most recent hardware.

It also doesn't seem to lock when I walk away. It also dings every time the speed limit changes, even though I'm not using cruise control and have disabled all the Dream Drive notifications related to speed limits. These all feel like software bugs, and I hope they can be fixed.

I haven't been around as long as you have, but it feels like I see this kind of issue reported frequently. Do we all have defective phones or cars? How are you so certain that it isn't software-related? Just because it works for some people? Having a feature that works well for only iPhones or only certain antenna hardware or only X or Y or Z other variables doesn't mean the software is good.

I haven't been around as long as you have, but it feels like I see this kind of issue reported frequently. Do we all have defective phones or cars? How are you so certain that it isn't software-related? Just because it works for some people? Having a feature that works well for only iPhones or only certain antenna hardware or only X or Y or Z other variables doesn't mean the software is good.
Do you have "Speed Limit Alert" option shown up in DreamDrive setting? If so, is it set to Visual only? This is the *ding* sound that you are hearing. It will beep every time it detects the speed limit sign.
Do you have Passive lock/unlock enabled? Can you post the screenshots of those two settings?

The issues were prominent in the very early days but have been a lot more stable for probably almost a year.

It’s been stable for so long now I never look back at the car to see if it’s locked or not. I can probably count on one hand how many times I’ve had to push the handle to unlock in the last 12 months.

If you’ve deleted the key / phone from the car, set it back up and still having the issues then get the car looked at by Lucid as this isn’t normal behavior.

I had that same issue and called for mobile service. They had to reset my car's Access Control Module, and that fixed the issue, I've not had any issues with my mobile key since then.

SO....I did what I'm about to share and my Pixel 8 Pro which used to be fairly unreliable, became reliable to where I only have used my key fob ONCE in all of last month and that too as added insurance as I knew it may rain. Its made the whole thing way more predictable in that I know that at a certain radius away from teh car, the door is about to unlock.

Anyway...here's what I did...I went to an open space (I think it was a parking space for a large public park) and I redid my Bluetooth carkey and audio connections from my phone slowly and diligently. Since then, I've had zero issues. And now I agree with all the tech folks who are going to tell me that doing it in my garage vs an open space shouldn't matter...and I agree as someone with a EE in Digital Signal Processing that what I am suggesting absolutely should not matter...but it somehow did. My sense/logic was that I simply wanted to pair my phone and car in as less 'noisy' an environment as possible...in tech jargon, I was looking for as low a 'noise floor' as possible so that the Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (SNR) for my devices' Tx/Rx was as less immune to noise spikes as possible...and again...YES I agree that it shouldn't matter...but since I did the setup in a very low EMF noise environment...and I've really had drastically better results. If someone could try this and see if they can replicate this I'd be grateful! Thanks!

How often do you guys restart the Lucid Air software?
  • I did encounter PIN code message one or two times, even when I had the key in my pocket
  • I experienced Electrify America asking to punch in/insert the credit card info when it should've been free/automatically recognized the Lucid vehicle
  • the main screen showed a home-wifi icon even when I drove away from home for awhile and told "cannot connect to server"
When I ran into those issues, I went through the SW reset process. (except the key PIN)
Just like a smartphone... I feel like I should restart the SW on a weekly basis...
Treating it like MS Windows PC.. or Android Smartphone.. lol

Last edited:

Hmm... was hoping to get info from the Lucid App as I performed this remotely...
Alright, I guess I'll have to go inside the car to find out more. lol

How often do you guys restart the Lucid Air software?
Just like a smartphone... I feel like I should restart the SW on a weekly basis...
Treating it like MS Windows PC.. or Android Smartphone.. lol
No reason to make a habit of that. I have done it maybe 5 times in my year of ownership. Only when something breaks.

I do have a Pixel 8. It works absolutely flawlessly as a mobile key for my Model 3. I don't think there is anything "wrong" with my phone. If the car lets me get in, but then demands a PIN, that sounds like either a software issue or a strange hardware (antenna reception) issue that would be limited to Android devices. Occam's razor suggests to me it is software. I've had the Air only a week, and it was new from the factory, so I'm hoping it has all the most recent hardware.

It also doesn't seem to lock when I walk away. It also dings every time the speed limit changes, even though I'm not using cruise control and have disabled all the Dream Drive notifications related to speed limits. These all feel like software bugs, and I hope they can be fixed.
Ahh, Pixel explains a lot. Mobile key does not play well with Pixel and it's due to the way Pixel phones force close apps.

45 days of waiting from last update for no new update 😳

Pixels don't do well. Some things to keep in mind to improve the experience. Keep Bluetooth on when you expect to interact with the vehicle. This is the mechanism to lock and unlock the car via sensing, and the range of the Bluetooth can be surprisingly far on what I presume to be low humidity days.

Otherwise, relying and hoping the app has not been put in "sleep" mode to increase battery life is a fool's errand. Pixels do not like background running apps doing more than the absolute minimum. In the case of the app, that typically means not staying connected to the car.

I own a Pixel 7 Pro. This has been my experience.

Back