OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

@Bobby - the maintenance person's awareness about a software update around the corner turned out to be true. I was talking to him yesterday on a different issue and he said he got to know from team that a software update is coming out on Wednesday (yesterday) and 30 min later I saw this post from @Tesla2Lucid :) May be things are changing for Lucid internally too cause transparency is always a good sign
Except as of right now, that software update has not yet been released to anyone. The early access list got a notice of the udpate, but they haven't yet gotten the actual update. Which means the general public likely won't get it for a while yet. Could be a few days. Could be a few weeks.

This is a large-ish update, but I don't feel like it will be as long a preview period as the 2.0 was. That one went through a few iterations before the general public got it.

@Tesla2Lucid So has this update been released as an early preview for insiders or is this being gradually released for everyone? If its the former, then do you know whats usually the gap between early preview and general availability of a software update? (asking this as your screenshots looked like an email and not release notes from the Lucid app)
Nobody has received it yet. Recently, the gap has been zero. We just get a look at the notes slightly earlier.

Except as of right now, that software update has not yet been released to anyone. The early access list got a notice of the udpate, but they haven't yet gotten the actual update. Which means the general public likely won't get it for a while yet. Could be a few days. Could be a few weeks.

This is a large-ish update, but I don't feel like it will be as long a preview period as the 2.0 was. That one went through a few iterations before the general public got it.
Fair! At least there was some truth to his word. With that said, this might just be a one-off fluke too cause he was non-committal.

Knowing that something is around the corner is a big relief to everyone and knowing what is coming is definitely a moment of happiness :)

Nobody has received it yet. Recently, the gap has been zero. We just get a look at the notes slightly earlier.
Hoping the gap to be zero this time too but with an update this significant, I doubt that would be the case :)

Weird timing that they are turning off the DDP trial for a lot of us before the update and improvements it will bring. I would have thought they'd try to get more people to experience the new system first to see if they could sway us to keep it.

And, yes, I know it's supposed to be a 90 day trial. But based on the fact that some people have had the trial for 6 months, they don't seem too concerned about sticking to the 90 day rule.

Hoping the gap to be zero this time too but with an update this significant, I doubt that would be the case :)
I must admit he first thing I did this morning was check for the white dot. Nothing yet.

Weird timing that they are turning off the DDP trial for a lot of us before the update and improvements it will bring. I would have thought they'd try to get more people to experience the new system first to see if they could sway us to keep it.

And, yes, I know it's supposed to be a 90 day trial. But based on the fact that some people have had the trial for 6 months, they don't seem too concerned about sticking to the 90 day rule.
I doubt the folks choosing the date to pull the plug on the free trial knew when this update would be released. Also, they can't count on the update not having a critical flaw that would delay release further.

So nothing in this update with reducing charging amps? I can't get my Neocharge splitter to work because the Lucid tries to draw too much current and gives me an overcurrent error.

I must admit he first thing I did this morning was check for the white dot. Nothing yet.
Me too knowing full well I'm way down the list! A Gal can hope!

So nothing in this update with reducing charging amps? I can't get my Neocharge splitter to work because the Lucid tries to draw too much current and gives me an overcurrent error.
I want this too. Guess we have to wait ... but I'm still super excited about the other stuff in the update

I'm speculating that 2.1.2 will include the capability to end the DDP/SSP trials. So if they want the trials to end on July 5, the software will have to be deployed by then.

So for clarity is this a preview release like 2.0 beta was or is this just a normal software drop with the early group from 2.0 getting a heads up? I usually get mine the day after the early group so I'm curious if I should be expecting it to show up once you guys have it or if its going to be a few weeks like 2.0 where they were tweaking it etc?

Just as a reminder: please do not call customer service about this. This update has not been released yet, even to the early testers, and these notes shouldn't have been leaked in the first place. But, given that they were, please do not call customer service. They cannot and will not push it to you.

This is likely to have a longer lead time for the early testers, as it is a much larger and significant update.

Just as a reminder: please do not call customer service about this. This update has not been released yet, even to the early testers, and these notes shouldn't have been leaked in the first place. But, given that they were, please do not call customer service. They cannot and will not push it to you.

This is likely to have a longer lead time for the early testers, as it is a much larger and significant update.
Ugh. I wish that had been made clear with the initial post.

Are you trying to use a 14-50 plug on a 30 amp circuit?

GIven the initial post wasn't even supposed to happen, it's sort of moot at this point.

Yes. I am that kind of person to tell my riders that their weight is dragging down my efficiency numbers.
So HOW many people have demanded to be let out of your car and then they stopped being friends with you?

This has always been the case. Once people start posting about an update on the forum, wait at least one week prior to calling customer service to get it pushed.

Back