OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

I know! These connected cars upload a crazy amount of data even when they haven't been driven! My Rivian has uploaded 3.3GB this week, while my Lucid has uploaded nearly a gig. Both vehicles have only been driven a few times this week, so I have no IDEA what data they are transmitting back to the mothership.
My pure has spike of 20-40GB it’s uploading at times….nuts!

I don't find it worth. Feels like a money grab when my Rivian includes it from the start (and yes I know that Lucid only included a trial from the start). Many cars nowadays have blind spot turn signal screens STANDARD because it is a safety feature, not just a convenience.
Understand why Lucid is charging for this, they have to reduce expenses being a new and upcoming company.

I rarely check my car but I watched for a few minutes. My phone in the car on 5ghz wifi can get 300 to 400Mbps down and 100 to 200Mbps up. The car connected to the same mesh unit tp link and max download was 0.2Mbps upload 5Mbps.

I rarely check my car but I watched for a few minutes. My phone in the car on 5ghz wifi can get 300 to 400Mbps down and 100 to 200Mbps up. The car connected to the same mesh unit tp link and max download was 0.2Mbps upload 5Mbps.
These are raw speeds but don’t really tell us the amount of data that Lucid is uploading/downloading, which was the original question.

These are raw speeds but don’t really tell us the amount of data that Lucid is uploading/downloading, which was the original question.
Correct. It is just an indicator of a big download

Looks like my car has started to download 2.1.3. Slowly - maybe 300MB total for today.
My router does not give that info

Is there a specific hostname on the router or access point for the Lucid? The wifi access point my car connects to has only 1 client currently: espressif?

Is there a specific hostname on the router or access point for the Lucid? The wifi access point my car connects to has only 1 client currently: espressif?
Some brands of routers have the ability to see what each client is uploading and downloading. You'll need to go into the router's utility and poke around. What type of router do you have?

Some brands of routers have the ability to see what each client is uploading and downloading. You'll need to go into the router's utility and poke around. What type of router do you have?
I have a TP-link router. I can see a list of client hostnames that are connecting to the router at any given time. Previously it only showed espressif (don't know what that is). Currently it shows 3 clients. Maybe #3 below?:
1689506425369.webp

Espressif is a chip maker, particularly for wi-fi capable IoT devices. My car’s Wi-Fi chip is made by “u-blox AG” judging by the MAC address.

I have a TP-link router. I can see a list of client hostnames that are connecting to the router at any given time. Previously it only showed espressif (don't know what that is). Currently it shows 3 clients. Maybe #3 below?:
View attachment 13574
Turn off Wi-Fi in your car and see which one disappears. I'm surprised you only have three items on your Wi-Fi! I think I have like 50!

Turn off Wi-Fi in your car and see which one disappears. I'm surprised you only have three items on your Wi-Fi! I think I have like 50!
So true, Bobby. Everything is on wifi now....smartphones, tvs, tablets, washer/dryer, cars, Echos, fans, irrigation systems, security cameras, and on and on. I did setup a bridged router to handle just the Lucid and Tesla wifi.

I got 2.1.2 OTA July 2nd or so. Touring, 3/8/23 delivery.

View attachment 13574
It’s #3. Will show up as your VIN

Understand why Lucid is charging for this, they have to reduce expenses being a new and upcoming company.
What is Rivian's excuse for not charging for it. They are a new and upcoming company as well.

Back