Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Are the 19s still on backorder? My DA didn't mention anything about that on my call with him today and said the only thing holding up transport of my car to Short Hills is waiting on service to switch the wheels from 20s to 19s. I wonder if he is going to come back and say that they can't do that in time for delivery next week in which case I'll take my (future) tax credit and order either AS or winter tires. Not ideal, but I'm already on plan B with having to change the interior of my car. What's a few more changes lol.
I've no confirmation that 19" wheels is what ails my build. My car was well into production when I got VIN on 12/6. Was estimated to be done that week. Then nothing...

I got calls from Houston Service Center and Plano Studio for a pickup tomorrow at Plano Studio. :cool:😅

CS/Tahoe Trim. VIN Dec 9. Shipped Dec 16-17. PA and Dashboard Status (Preparing for delivery) Dec 19. Payment Dec 20.
Awesome. Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

If we stay logged in to the dashboard and do a refresh does it show the update or do we have to logoff and logon to see the update in status?
I
Not expecting them to roll out the red carpet etc,,,but more communicative with buyer and understanding the process.
Communication is frustrating, doesn’t show they care much about customer service.

I've no confirmation that 19" wheels is what ails my build. My car was well into production when I got VIN on 12/6. Was estimated to be done that week. Then nothing...
I'm sorry to hear that. I feel what you're going through. I never got a VIN when I had the Tahoe interior selected, but all the communication from my DA earlier this month was that I was on track for delivery by Dec 31st as production had increased tremendously. Then, I went on vacation for a week out of the country, but I had access to email and internet, so I sat there checking my dashboard and waiting for an update from him the whole time and I got nothing. Emailed him and no response. It wasn't until I scheduled a phone call on his calendar on my last day of vacation that I'm finally told that my production was now slated for January. I had to be the one that asked whether other configurations are available to get delivery by EOY. I ended up not caring anymore and have now called my DA 3 days in a row to get as much information as possible (my scheduled call on Monday, configuration change confirmation call on Tuesday, update on processing of said change today). He's been great to talk to and helpful when on the phone, but I feel like I'm the one having to reach out. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt so in my head I'm saying things like "oh maybe I was just further down on his list and he hasn't gotten to me yet", but at this point with 10 days left in the month, I would say to do whatever you need to do to get a hold of someone at Lucid to give you some info. Call 10 different people if you have to. Rooting for you @moytoyx!

I

Communication is frustrating, doesn’t show they care much about customer service.
Don't know if I want to equate Lucid's communication style with lack of care for customer service.
I do have to say, though, that locally it wasn't warm and fuzzy at the beginning for us.
We'd made 2 reservations but never got a test drive until recently. As a result, we had to buy another EV while waiting. We could have waited on that purchase had we been able to test the car and see if it's worth the wait.
Fast forward a couple of months and the studio manager actually brought a demo to our house and, since then, has been on top of things to facilitate an EOY delivery.
And from the service standpoint, with the exception of one location, people generally seem to be pleased.

I'm sorry to hear that. I feel what you're going through. I never got a VIN when I had the Tahoe interior selected, but all the communication from my DA earlier this month was that I was on track for delivery by Dec 31st as production had increased tremendously. Then, I went on vacation for a week out of the country, but I had access to email and internet, so I sat there checking my dashboard and waiting for an update from him the whole time and I got nothing. Emailed him and no response. It wasn't until I scheduled a phone call on his calendar on my last day of vacation that I'm finally told that my production was now slated for January. I had to be the one that asked whether other configurations are available to get delivery by EOY. I ended up not caring anymore and have now called my DA 3 days in a row to get as much information as possible (my scheduled call on Monday, configuration change confirmation call on Tuesday, update on processing of said change today). He's been great to talk to and helpful when on the phone, but I feel like I'm the one having to reach out. I always like to give the benefit of the doubt so in my head I'm saying things like "oh maybe I was just further down on his list and he hasn't gotten to me yet", but at this point with 10 days left in the month, I would say to do whatever you need to do to get a hold of someone at Lucid to give you some info. Call 10 different people if you have to. Rooting for you @moytoyx!
This is what is most annoying. Why should the customer have to do all of this just to get information? It's ridiculous!!

I find a guy local to me in Manalapan. He quoted me $7900 for full body PPF and ceramic coating. I've never done PPF or ceramic coating to any car before but I've also never bought a $100k car either.
I strongly recommend the PPF. I had my entire Jag Ftype done in PPF. Spotless when I sold it after 5 years. I'm getting PPF on the whole car. For a 120k car, I think it's worth it. If car is new, you don't really need ceramic if you are doing PPF in my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback.

@Oat can we get some pictures of your White/Santa Cruz?

I'm at the I don't care anymore stage too - but I'm not pushing it. With the bomb cyclone coming through and the car not even out of In Production - no PA and only 10 days. One would think a car over $100K would garner a little more attention. But whatever - can always just cancel and loose the $1K if I get too annoyed.

Last edited:
My dashboard changed to Preparing for Delivery. That's a good sign.
ZR/SC with 20' wheels.
Mine too.. DA said my car arrived in FL. I am out on vacation in Denver and be back by Dec 29th. He said they should be able to deliver by 29th. ZR/Tahoe 19 inch wheels😊

I'm at the I don't care anymore stage too - but I'm not pushing it. With the bomb cyclone coming through and the car not even out of In Production - no PA and only 10 days. One would think a car over $100K would garner a little more attention. But whatever - can always just cancel and loose the $1K if I get too annoyed.
I’m sorry you are frustrated with the lack of communication. I was the first Touring delivered out of Virginia and the DA had time for communication. That said please know that these guys also detail your car and give you a complete tutorial when you arrive for pickup. He spent an hour plus a ride along to make sure you are comfortable to get home. You compound that time with all the deliveries happening now they are stretched thin and not available for calls when with clients. I’m sure they are trying to be as helpful as they can.

Same here,,,it's been a very sub par buying experience. Very surprising for car at this price range, you don't have a 5 stars buying experience.
Agree, DA 's should be giving regular updates instead of customers chasing DA's around

Agree, DA 's should be giving regular updates instead of customers chasing DA's around
Isn't that what the new dashboard is for?

Isn't that what the new dashboard is for?
I think the new Dashboard is a step in the right direction toward improving communication, but it would be helpful if it had more granularity. Maybe we had some false expectations when Lucid management talks about ramping up production with some vehicles making it out of Production in 2 - 3 days... Many of us us have been sitting in Production for more than 10 days (yes I know the DA partyline is Production can take up to 10 - 14 days). Obviously the In Production phase is comprised of many lower level subprocesses. Would at least be able to have a more focused discussion with our DA if we could better track progress through Production (i.e. my car seems to have been moving through P1 to P6 fairly quickly but now appears to be stuck in P7 for three days. Any insight into what may be holding up progress to the final P10 subprocess?). Todays automated MRP systems should be able easily track and report a higher level of detail throughout Production.

Oof... the VIN disappeared from my Dashboard today, this happen with anyone else? Status is still "In Production", and I had already signed the PA yesterday.
Welp... Status is now back to "Preparing for production", and no response from DA via either text or email. I had even signed the loan documents with my bank already (which included the VIN that was assigned earlier), now don't know what's going on.

Welp... Status is now back to "Preparing for production", and no response from DA via either text or email. I had even signed the loan documents with my bank already (which included the VIN that was assigned earlier), now don't know what's going on.
What the heck? That's crazy! I'd be calling my DA multiple times per day if that happened!

I think the new Dashboard is a step in the right direction toward improving communication, but it would be helpful if it had more granularity. Maybe we had some false expectations when Lucid management talks about ramping up production with some vehicles making it out of Production in 2 - 3 days... Many of us us have been sitting in Production for more than 10 days (yes I know the DA partyline is Production can take up to 10 - 14 days). Obviously the In Production phase is comprised of many lower level subprocesses. Would at least be able to have a more focused discussion with our DA if we could better track progress through Production (i.e. my car seems to have been moving through P1 to P6 fairly quickly but now appears to be stuck in P7 for three days. Any insight into what may be holding up progress to the final P10 subprocess?). Todays automated MRP systems should be able easily track and report a higher level of detail throughout Production.
I think the prior statement from a Lucid exec was 1 -2 days for General Assembly and another day for software installation. These were at the end of production before preparation for delivery. What are the P1 - P10 steps you are referring to?

Back