Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I feel your pain, I have completed all my paperwork, and all payments cleared on December 16. The car reached Chicago on December 18. My DA told me PDI is a quick process, and I should receive my car within 3/4 when it comes to Chicago. Given the time, I hoped to get my car by this weekend. Yesterday, my DA called me and said they were having some transportation issues, and my car will leave Chicago on December 26, and I could pick it up on the 28th. I felt someone had dropped the ball or did not want to deliver the car to the owners on time. Now I am worried If I am even going to get my car by EOY.

I will be really hesitant to recommend Lucid to my friends and family due to my experience with delivery time.
Lucid has no control over weather. You care about the 7.5k tax credit, hence the insistence on delivery before end of the year. Take that away and you wouldn’t care about a few week delay. This applies to everyone complaining about delays. Me too!! I blame the Democrats and Biden for this. Not Lucid.

I'm living vicariously through you since I'm stuck In Production! Weather forecast looks cold and windy between Plano and Houston, but not much precipitation. Wonder what conditions effect the transporter's ability to move cars... Oh well, just another variable that effects us. Fingers crossed for you!
You will get the car soon!! It may be next week. It is worth the wait. I think the car and price is a great deal with or without tax credit. Last Month I cancelled my EQS (that I booked in 2021).

I blame Lucid for getting us to upspec cars saying EOY delivery and not following through. If they miss EOY delivery and do not let me remove the glass roof and ssp options I will be cancelling the car

Lucid has no control over weather. You care about the 7.5k tax credit, hence the insistence on delivery before end of the year. Take that away and you wouldn’t care about a few week delay. This applies to everyone complaining about delays. Me too!! I blame the Democrats and Biden for this. Not Lucid.
Treading on thin ice here... move it back to the tracker

I blame Lucid for getting us to upspec cars saying EOY delivery and not following through. If they miss EOY delivery and do not let me remove the glass roof and ssp options I will be cancelling the car
Mercedes promised me EQS580 in Q3 2022 and pushed it to Q4 and then pushed it to Q1 2023. Mercedes is an established car company that is having problems... It is a tough world with supply chain issues, chip shortage etc. Add weather to the list!!!

Has anyone experienced after confirming their order attempted to change any specs, like 21" to 20" and was told that the price is still the price since my request was "after" confirming.. I test drove a Touring in Short Hills NJ and they recommended due to the roads out in New Jersey it would be best to change the rims to prevent possible rim damage. I was told the car was in production, now preparing for delivery. The rims could be swapped but for the 21" price. I would hate to cancel this order due to this.. I can see if they were saying, we can order you the 20" additionally and I pay the difference. But to say that I will still be on the hook for rims that I don't own seems a little Ludacris.
Wait - They have Touring for test drive?
if so, I am going there today :)

@joec please remove me from the tracker, I have decided to cancel my order.

Happy Holidays everyone and good luck to those still in with a shot of EOY delivery.

My White/Tahoe Touring had been "In Production" on the tracker for a couple of weeks. Last night it moved back to "Preparing for Production." Does anyone know what that means. Surely the production line is not moving in reverse.

I already bought the recommended 2 pack for my SC interior … just need the vehicle now to apply it to!

I recommend anyone with the Santa Cruz interior bring Scotchguard to their delivery. I've had my Touring for a week, and with everything going on (learning the car, PPF, etc.) I put off Scotchguard, even though I had the can. Those mats show dirt like no other car mats I've ever had. Truly unbelievable how quickly they get dirty, and I live in Phoenix, so no weather being tracked in.

I did my best to clean them today but there's some dirt/grime that just won't come out. Sprayed with two coats of Scotchguard. Wish I'd done it the day I picked up the car.

I thinks it’s the psychology of getting the federal tax credit. Take that out of the picture and most will be happy taking the car in January. Blame the Democrats inflation increasing act, not Lucid.
I won't get into the politics of anything here because you won't convince me and vice versa. My feelings on the Transition Rule in the actual language of the law, and not simply the language on the IRS' website, and how the IRA doesn't even apply to those of us with binding contracts prior to the passage of the IRA is well documented in the tax credit thread so I'll leave it at that.

My concern personally isn't about the tax credit that Lucid is incorrectly informing their customers that they won't receive, it's more about this entire ramp up and delivery process, uninformed DA's, the delivery bottleneck this ramp up has caused, and a completely useless dashboard!

Like I said earlier, I adore this car -- hell, I have a 20" x 30" poster of it in my garage so I can look at it everyday until the car arrives so I will wait. I have no intention of cancelling my order.

Attachments

• 20221212_155012.jpg
    20221212_155012.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 20221212_154940.jpg
    20221212_154940.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I recommend anyone with the Santa Cruz interior bring Scotchguard to their delivery. I've had my Touring for a week, and with everything going on (learning the car, PPF, etc.) I put off Scotchguard, even though I had the can. Those mats show dirt like no other car mats I've ever had. Truly unbelievable how quickly they get dirty, and I live in Phoenix, so no weather being tracked in.

I did my best to clean them today but there's some dirt/grime that just won't come out. Sprayed with two coats of Scotchguard. Wish I'd done it the day I picked up the car.
What's the best way to apply Scotchguard? In a side to side motion or up and down motion?

Okay.... my Touring went from "In Production" to "Preparing for Production". Has anyone had their order move backwards? Mine includes the Mojave interior that was lists to be available in the 1st quarter but I thought that maybe they were introducing it to production a little early. Has anyone seen deliveries of any color with Mohave interior. I switched from Santa Cruz because I was sure that the mats would never stay clean.

I know it's frustrating but it seems silly that you would buy a car you can't recommend to anyone....
You might want to read what I wrote again! I didn't say one word about the quality of the car. My NO recommendation is a result of the delivery process to date.

Invites to pay, with that said, should I wait for the delivery date to pay, I am leaning toward wire transfer. I am not loan for now, just to speed up things. Any advice is appreciated

Because of a delay of a few days when the eastern half of the country is being walloped by a massive storm system and dealing with Christmas? Seriously?

Man, the level of entitlement is getting worse and worse. Everyone needs to just CHILL OUT!
If you think the frustration with the delivery bottleneck is the result of this bomb cyclone, you really haven't been paying attention to this thread over the last month or so.

I seem to remember weeks ago saying that giving customers more insight into the production process was likely to be more trouble than it was worth.

Witness the last few pages of this thread.

The problem is that we all want to believe there are dedicated people "working" on our specific car 24 hours a day, and that the production process is linear and set at constant speed. The fact of the matter is that it's messy, can include backwards motion on occasion, and the majority of the time from beginning to end is just waiting.

So the dashboard was a nice idea, but it has ultimately caused people even more anxiety than not having it, I fear.

Perhaps they will improve the information flow over time with more detail. Then again, some of that detail is bound to annoy people even more. They could set up a drone to fly over your car the entire process with a live video feed, and most of the time you'd be watching it sit in a parking space, waiting for the next step. Or you'd see them scrap your car and start over because of a flaw in the run. Or fixing broken issues found during PDI.

More information is not always a good thing. Particularly not for your blood pressure.

It was nice to see a few Dream and GT owners pop in here to remind us all the Touring flow has been leaps and bounds more efficient than what they all went through. Cold comfort, I know, when you are still waiting. (Heck, I was told my car was "finished" a month ago, and I still have to wait another week to get it.) But a good reminder, nonetheless. Lucid has a long way to go before these cars just pop out in a few days. But they will get there.

As far as recommending to friends goes, my advice would be to tell them "You should definitely consider this car. But wait about six months, when you'll be able to order up a Touring and have it delivered two weeks later." Because that's where we will be by June or so. (Witness the GT ordering process of today vs. a year ago.)

The weather is going to be a factor in deliveries that were scheduled for this week. How that impacts next week's deliveries, I don't know. I would not be surprised if I get rushed a bit through my delivery on Wednesday. Which is fine with me, if it means more time for someone else to get their car before EOY.

Deadlines will be missed. Estimates will be incorrect. Some of us will be very happy by the end of next week. Some of us will be frustrated. I for one am grateful I have this forum to share my experiences. Commiserate. Celebrate. And on and on.

Hope everyone stays safe in this nasty weather and has a great holiday. Wishing as many of us as possible have our cars as soon as possible.

What's the best way to apply Scotchguard? In a side to side motion or up and down motion?

I'm certainly not an expert but I can tell you that I did two light coats. Each coat applied in both an up and down and side to side motion. The mats didn't seem to get too wet. I let them dry outside in the sun for a few minutes, and applied a second light coat in the same manner. I also applied inside the car while the mats were being treated, leaving the front windows open for ventilation while drying.

Oh and I don't recommend spraying inside on a wood floor. My wife greatly disliked that and I was sent outside for the second coat.

I'm certainly not an expert but I can tell you that I did two light coats. Each coat applied in both an up and down and side to side motion. The mats didn't seem to get too wet. I let them dry outside in the sun for a few minutes, and applied a second light coat in the same manner. I also applied inside the car while the mats were being treated, leaving the front windows open for ventilation while drying.

Oh and I don't recommend spraying inside on a wood floor. My wife greatly disliked that and I was sent outside for the second coat.
Thanks.

Back