Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

In production means your car is being built. As it nears completion and passes their internal inspections, it is assigned a VIN. The VIN is an actual plate that is riveted, welded (however) to various points in the vehicle (for ICE). I don't know how many locations apply to EVs, maybe to the motor(s)? Body and chassis for sure. When the VIN is assigned, it's usually very close to delivery, subject to pre-delivery inspection.
I'm not sure this is accurate. When my VIN was assigned (12/2), my DA told me my car had "entered general assembly" (see below). When I spoke to him yesterday (12/8), he did not yet have confirmation that the car had finished production. My conclusion from this is that a VIN is assigned just as production begins. I have no idea how long it takes to build the car once general assembly starts. Here's what my DA said in his email last Friday when my VIN was assigned:
"It is my pleasure to share the news that a Vehicle Identification Number [VIN] has been assigned to your Lucid Air. This means that your vehicle has entered General Assembly at our factory in Arizona".

Joe, please add 12/8/22 for my VIN date. Thanks.
Wow! Guess the Infinite Black color is the least popular and therefore was prioritized last. Not a single VIN assignment yet! Doesn't look good for those of us with a Black combo...

Wow! Guess the Infinite Black color is the least popular and therefore was prioritized last. Not a single VIN assignment yet! Doesn't look good for those of us with a Black combo...
Yea… I told my DA I was interested in Red/Tahoe if it meant EOY delivery over Black/Tahoe. No word back yet

Gentlemen.. please transfer my order to the AGT listing [and forum]. Although I am acquiring a AGT I am excited for each of you taking delivery of the AT and will continue to step into this forum and provide relevant input. I look forward to seeing my PHX cohort at the next breakfast. Happy Holidays everyone!

Anyone know the approximate timeline for the Touring Metal Roof? The site still shows "later avaialbity" ?

He only has to wait 31 days after he sells his stock before he can buy it back so as not to invoke the wash/sale rule.

If the stock remains at or below his sale price before the 31 days, then yes it is a very smart move. Even if the stock goes up a little higher than his sale, he will still come out ahead, because of his tax saving on deducting his loss against his gains. What is it about this that you do not understand Quantum, in that you put a "Geez" in your response.

Every tax advisor recommends that you harvest your losses against your gain.
Timing the market never works! But you may end up shooting yourself in the foot if stock shots up in 31 days, knowing how volatile LCID is. That’s why I’m never selling LCID, even for tax loss harvesting.

Anyone know the approximate timeline for the Touring Metal Roof? The site still shows "later avaialbity" ?
I'm in the "metal roof" category; spoke with my DA earlier this week. He said we'd chat again in January at which point in time he thought he might know more about the metal roof schedule. I'm also in the Mojave interior category which also pushed me into 2023. He did imply Q1 but made no explicit statements.

Finally had a call with my tax consultant today. From what he mentioned, I will not be eligible for tax credit if the car gets delivered in 2023. DA called me today and he does not have a timeline for the ZR Tahoe vin assignment. If I am not receiving the tax credit, then I am not going through with the purchase.

I'm in the "metal roof" category; spoke with my DA earlier this week. He said we'd chat again in January at which point in time he thought he might know more about the metal roof schedule. I'm also in the Mojave interior category which also pushed me into 2023. He did imply Q1 but made no explicit statements.
I got pretty much the same read: 1Q23---if I spec'd DDP. Later if just DD

I'm not sure this is accurate. When my VIN was assigned (12/2), my DA told me my car had "entered general assembly" (see below). When I spoke to him yesterday (12/8), he did not yet have confirmation that the car had finished production. My conclusion from this is that a VIN is assigned just as production begins. I have no idea how long it takes to build the car once general assembly starts. Here's what my DA said in his email last Friday when my VIN was assigned:
"It is my pleasure to share the news that a Vehicle Identification Number [VIN] has been assigned to your Lucid Air. This means that your vehicle has entered General Assembly at our factory in Arizona".
What your DA said is not inconsistent with what I said. A VIN is not assigned at the beginning of production, at least not with a car with an ICE. Chassis can and are rejected if they don't pass inspection, same for structural body. Entering General Assembly is way down the line from initial production; it's where all the components are fitted together.

What your DA said is not inconsistent with what I said. A VIN is not assigned at the beginning of production, at least not with a car with an ICE. Chassis can and are rejected if they don't pass inspection, same for structural body. Entering General Assembly is way down the line from initial production; it's where all the components are fitted together.
I'd say your car is pretty close.

My DA has been no where to be found. After receiving an introduction email about a week ago, I sent emails every other day and left 1 voice mail and so far I have not heard back. Frustrating not to get any response.
I have to contact my rep 4-5 times before I get a response. This "service/communication" is a farce !!

Time to slow down and take a breath.
My Touring is anticipated to arrive in the first quarter of 2023. It will have been 2 1/2 YEARS since my initial reservation (8/31/2020) before my car arrives due to my choice of Mojave interior and NO DDP.

While I wish that I qualified for the $7500 tax credit it is not a deal breaker for me.
I am happy to wait to get exactly what I want and I know that I would regret changing my choices to speed up the delivery.

Just got my vin on a loaded zenith/tahoe. Sent the $1,000 deposit to lock in the possibility of the tax break on 8/12., Supposed to get delivery in Riviera Beach by year-end.
Congrats. We don't have you in our tracker yet. If you want to look at page 1 on this thread and post here with all your relevant info as you see it in the chart, I can add you to our chart if you like.

Back