Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Very frustrated here. Had a Lyft coming at 12, they just called me at 1130 to tell me fobs are not working and they need to reschedule for tomorrow. How can it be that they realize this 90 minutes before the scheduled delivery? Do they realize that we have other things to do then just sitting around waiting for them to get a car ready?

Very frustrated here. Had a Lyft coming at 12, they just called me at 1130 to tell me fobs are not working and they need to reschedule for tomorrow. How can it be that they realize this 90 minutes before the scheduled delivery? Do they realize that we have other things to do then just sitting around waiting for them to get a car ready?
That’s frustrating. Do your best to get past it and enjoy the vehicle when you do get it. It’s certainly better that they discover this and remedy it before you pick up the car than after.

What would you rather have? Show up to take delivery only to find out that your car is not ready for delivery or delay one day so delivery team could get the car ready for you?

What would you rather have? Show up to take delivery only to find out that your car is not ready for delivery or delay one day so delivery team could get the car ready for you?
Would rather have them be a little more prepared than 90 minutes before delivery. It's called common courtesy.

Would rather have them be a little more prepared than 90 minutes before delivery. It's called common courtesy.
I experienced less than ideal delivery experience which I wouldn't go into details here. Lucid delivery team and service staffs are greatly understaffed.

I experienced less than ideal delivery experience which I wouldn't go into details here. Lucid delivery team and service staffs are greatly understaffed.
I believe that. Mine has been on the way to PDI for over 3 weeks now. It's either some serious logistics issue or the car has a problem. I'm tired of being anxious and just patiently waiting now.

Just picked up my Touring on Wednesday (3/22/23). Love it so far.

8/20/21 Reserved Pure
11/22/22 Confirmed Pure (converted to "D. Jenkins" specs)
2/25/23 switched order to Touring
2/27/23? received VIN
3/22/23 Delivered (Denver, CO)

Cosmos Silver
Mojave Interior
19" wheels
Glass roof
SS standard
DD standard

It probably won't make anyone feel better, I hit some roadblocks along the way as well. When the change for the glass canopy was made early last month, to the get the Air faster and with the rebate, a VIN was assigned to me in three days (yeah)! They managed to find a car in inventory at the factory.

Somehow it got shipped to West Palm Beach. My DA mentioned the PDI would be done there so the car would be ready to go in Houston. And for an unknown issue, another PDI happened in Houston. And delivery finally ended up being two days ago.

At the very least there was communication into what was going on, and as they say here, hang on and it will be well worth the wait!

DA called today and said there's a hold up with metal roof cars due to some part shortage or issue and that cars have been built with metal roofs but are unfit for release as of yet. It's a guess of his but he cannot see this delay taking more than another 4-6 weeks. How reassuring. :rolleyes:

Final quality inspections are being done at the factory now.

8/20/21 Reserved Pure
2/27/23? received VIN

Cosmos Silver
Mojave Interior
19" wheels
Glass roof
SS standard
DD standard
Did you get the $7500 credit with this car?

8/20/21 Reserved Pure
2/27/23? received VIN

Cosmos Silver
Mojave Interior
19" wheels
Glass roof
SS standard
DD standard
Did you get trial for DDPro and Sound?

Vehicle arrived yesterday . . . reservation to delivery is as follows:

02/12/22 - pure reservation placed w/ deposit
02/10/23 - Invitation to finalize Pure reservation
02/17/23 - Converted to Touring - Finalized reservation (with add'l $700 deposit - non-refundable) - based on legacy pricing and $7500 lucid credit to take "in stock" Touring - must have glass roof.
02/24/23 - VIN assigned
03/28/23 - Vehicle remote(home) delivered to Pittsburgh

Todd at GO 2 transportation was amazing . . . kept in touch with me re vehicle delivery, had vehicle covered (even though it was an enclosed carrier) and everything went swimmingly.

LUCID Air Touring
Quantum Gray / Tahoe
Glass Canopy
19" wheels
No "pro's" (although my Monroney sheet showed them, I guess because they come with vehicle for first 90 days ?)

Vehicle went through final inspection in Chicago. I'm still going through the Due Bill process, but I will say that there seems to be VERY little wrong with the vehicle - only things of significance found are:
  1. A 3" vertical scratch in lower front air dam (deep enough to be felt, but not too easy to see, and I think will buff out)
  2. Passenger front window stops with about 3/4" of glass above door sill in the back 6" of the window opening, when fully lowered. Driver door the window goes just below flush at the back 6" of the opening (top of window visible but not sticking up above rain/sweep trim.
Nothing else in terms of bod panel, trim, wheel arches, etc . . .

Anyone else experience the window thing (#2) on any of their windows ? I assume the regulator was just not mounted properly or there is a limit switch that is activating too early ?

All else is good and as you guys are aware Apple Car Play was preloaded on the car . . . so yay (!) for that . . . and for my better-half not strangling me for paying ~ $100K for a car that doesn't have Car Play ! ! Whew !

Doug

Vehicle arrived yesterday . . . reservation to delivery is as follows:

02/12/22 - pure reservation placed w/ deposit
02/10/23 - Invitation to finalize Pure reservation
02/17/23 - Converted to Touring - Finalized reservation (with add'l $700 deposit - non-refundable) - based on legacy pricing and $7500 lucid credit to take "in stock" Touring - must have glass roof.
02/24/23 - VIN assigned
03/28/23 - Vehicle remote(home) delivered to Pittsburgh

Todd at GO 2 transportation was amazing . . . kept in touch with me re vehicle delivery, had vehicle covered (even though it was an enclosed carrier) and everything went swimmingly.

LUCID Air Touring
Quantum Gray / Tahoe
Glass Canopy
19" wheels
No "pro's" (although my Monroney sheet showed them, I guess because they come with vehicle for first 90 days ?)

Vehicle went through final inspection in Chicago. I'm still going through the Due Bill process, but I will say that there seems to be VERY little wrong with the vehicle - only things of significance found are:
  1. A 3" vertical scratch in lower front air dam (deep enough to be felt, but not too easy to see, and I think will buff out)
  2. Passenger front window stops with about 3/4" of glass above door sill in the back 6" of the window opening, when fully lowered. Driver door the window goes just below flush at the back 6" of the opening (top of window visible but not sticking up above rain/sweep trim.
Nothing else in terms of bod panel, trim, wheel arches, etc . . .

Anyone else experience the window thing (#2) on any of their windows ? I assume the regulator was just not mounted properly or there is a limit switch that is activating too early ?

All else is good and as you guys are aware Apple Car Play was preloaded on the car . . . so yay (!) for that . . . and for my better-half not strangling me for paying ~ $100K for a car that doesn't have Car Play ! ! Whew !

Doug
Mmm, I wish you had a picture of your windows, but the rear windows do not go down fully.

Mmm, I wish you had a picture of your windows, but the rear windows do not go down fully.
Not the best photo . . . but from inside drivers seat position - looking over at the Front Passenger window (rearward 25% of door / window opening). Window was moved fully up and down several times, using both window switches (drivers and passengers).
LUCID Front Passenger window.jpg

Doug

Not the best photo . . . but from inside drivers seat position - looking over at the Front Passenger window (rearward 25% of door / window opening). Window was moved fully up and down several times, using both window switches (drivers and passengers).View attachment 11018

Doug
Okay yea I see and understand now, yea that should go down all the way, should be an easy fix.

Not the best photo . . . but from inside drivers seat position - looking over at the Front Passenger window (rearward 25% of door / window opening). Window was moved fully up and down several times, using both window switches (drivers and passengers).View attachment 11018

Doug
Try this: raise the window with the switch and when it gets to the very top of its travel then continue to hold the switch for about five seconds. Then put it all the way down and continue to hold the switch for about five seconds. Do this up to three times.

Ok guys! Just got Touring back from getting full body PPF, Ceramic coat, Tints, and Chrome delete and have to say looks Amazing. Getting tons of head turns, especially when parked! Delivery was smooth and DA explained everything about the car to me within one hour! Picked up at Short Hills NJ location!
8D72C77E-9A73-4C8D-8E85-BD7937C46064.jpeg
B00FAFA4-3BEA-4947-9337-0B00D78675C0.jpeg

Back