Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Same here, with no info on the hold up. If I lose my rate lock I'm done with Lucid
As of today, my car is still on the assembly line as per my DA, but no concrete information about when it might leave the factory.

I'm also in Nevada and received this Cert of Origin 2 days ago. I have a Touring and can confirm the HP on my document as also showing 819, which is probably an error by Lucid, for the Touring trim. I suspect it should show as 619, which is both what I expect and also what the VIN Decoder shows.

My guess is Lucid entered 819 for all of the GT in the system which generates these certificates and never updated the number when the Tourings started rolling out.

TBH, I'm not sure whether the NVDMV is going to care about that. I suspect they will care more that the VIN matches the vehicle and the origin is Lucid Motors. However, that's just my guess and I've only been living in Nevada for 18 months, so take that for what it's worth.
@emoylv - Just following up here that I reach out to my DA and he was able to get an updated Cert of Origin (with the 620 versus 819 HP) sent to me.

A message from your moderators: now that Lucid has their online tracking system and the numbers of vehicles has significantly increased, we will be doing away with the forum tracking system, which was originally intended to track early vehicles and (color) batches.

Of course, you are still welcome to post on this thread regarding your upcoming reservation or delivery, but these will no longer be tracked by the moderators.

If you wish, you may note your current Lucid in the "cars" or "signature" section of your profile. If you're expecting delivery, please put "pending." Thanks to everybody who participated in the tracker in these early days!
Thank you moderators for doing all of this work. It is a GOOD thing that the ramping up of deliveries has made it too much to track in this labor intensive fashion. @Bobby what do you mean by saying that "now that Lucid has their online tracking system..."? Is Lucid making delivery numbers public? I have not heard of this. Thanks.

Thank you moderators for doing all of this work. It is a GOOD thing that the ramping up of deliveries has made it too much to track in this labor intensive fashion. @Bobby what do you mean by saying that "now that Lucid has their online tracking system..."? Is Lucid making delivery numbers public? I have not heard of this. Thanks.
He was referring to the dashboard, which gives you information about your own delivery. Not everyone else's. But at least Lucid has some form of communication set up about the process now.

@emoylv - Just following up here that I reach out to my DA and he was able to get an updated Cert of Origin (with the 620 versus 819 HP) sent to me.
Thanks, GMan! I'll IM Ariel right now. I have another 3 weeks before my appointment with DMV so I should be good. Thanks again!

This is why I didn't/haven't applied for financing yet. No communication from Lucid about the delay and status of my car. I'm sorry to hear you may lose your locked in rate.
A day or two after my VIN was posted to the dashboard and I spoke to my DA. He recommended against applying for Financing until he let me know the car was actual in production. The only thing I have found though is that once it is then the pace of things can pick up quickly.

Anecdotally, my Dashboard updated to Delivered 2 days after delivery. I know others have stated that it took a while for theirs reflect being delivered.

Anecdotally, my Dashboard updated to Delivered 2 days after delivery. I know others have stated that it took a while for theirs reflect being delivered.
When did it update to “Preparing for Delivery”?

When did it update to “Preparing for Delivery”?
Mileage will vary of course but for me once I submitted my financing the following day I received my PA (27th) and my dashboard changed to Preparing for Delivery. For me this was only a week after I was told my car was being produced.

I was supposed to pickup the car on friday but just got a call from the DA that there is some potentially faulty part and they are waiting to get confirmation from head office before releasing the car. Not sure how many cars this affects.

I was supposed to pickup the car on friday but just got a call from the DA that there is some potentially faulty part and they are waiting to get confirmation from head office before releasing the car. Not sure how many cars this affects.
Did they say which part?

Status is now prepping for delivery. AT is in Seattle getting some transport scratches buffed out and a lens replaced. I should be able to pick up within a week. Fingers crossed! The tracker on the website was pretty accurate for me. Hope this helps

A day or two after my VIN was posted to the dashboard and I spoke to my DA. He recommended against applying for Financing until he let me know the car was actual in production. The only thing I have found though is that once it is then the pace of things can pick up quickly.

Thanks.

I wonder if you "fell off the radar" like I did with my DA. I have not heard back from mine since my reply to him about any possible way to help me out.
Sorry about the lateness in responding to you. I am just getting over COVID. Breathing has taken precedence over everything in the past week. I learned about issue because of paying attention to my status on the Lucid website. At this point, I don't remember the three names of each status but I was first had the status on the left, then I went to the middle and then back to the left. I got concerned and then reaching out to my DA. He dodged me so I contacted my Sales guy. He answered my call and heard my total dissatisfaction and coerced my DA to get in contact with me. I had to threaten to cancel my order altogether becuase I received a verbal agreement I would get my car by the end of the year. The only way I was able to make that happen was to agree to a color change in the interior. Reluctantly, I agreed. At this point, I'm glad I did as I like the Santa Cruz interior.

Hope this helps and sorry for the delay. As I said earlier, breathing took priority.

Eric

My guess is water.
Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I have been recovering from COVID. Nasty sickness. Anyway, you are right, it is water. I had recently washed the car and that water dripped down. The car cleans up nicely.

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. I have been recovering from COVID. Nasty sickness. Anyway, you are right, it is water. I had recently washed the car and that water dripped down. The car cleans up nicely.
I'm glad you're okay, and that matters more than anything else. This is just a car. Your health only tanks once. Take care.

my car as been “in production” since Christmas Eve….What are the next phases on the dashboard?

View attachment 8563
When my IB/ Tahoe was tagged as "In Production" on my Lucid online Dashboard, it seemed as though it was stuck there forever. As I previously mentioned in this Forum, from a customer perspective it would be nice if the Lucid Production Dashboard had finer granularity to give us insight into various lower level production steps. The one thing I did find out was it stays "In Production" until your vehicle is received by your Delivery Center and they log it into their PDI system, at which time I think it changes to "Preparing for Delivery". That means the Transport cycle time gets included as part of "In Production". For me, my DA was able to proactively work with the Houston Delivery Center to get me through PDI in two days then put my AT on a transport to the Plano, TX Studio where I was able to accept delivery the next day. The backlog at your Delivery Center may certainly impact your PDI time, but have your DA stay on top of it...

Looks like we had Covid at the same time as I too am just getting over it. I had 102.3, can’t remember the last time I had a fever that high. Not fun.

Good to hear you’re recovering nicely. As Borski said, that’s the most important thing.

Back