Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Just spoke to my DA, who expects delivery in 2nd or 3rd week of January (VIN 12/22/2022). He says that my car will come with the DDP 3-month trial, just like the base GTs, but he doesn't have information on how purchasing DDP well after the trial expires might work. So maybe they will decide to let us buy just the surround view, as I do way more parallel parking than long road trips.
Thanks for posting. Now we have confirmation non DDPro Tourings will have all the DDPro hardware, at least.

I will take delivery of my Lucid PURE on Friday in the sf Bay Area! I had to spec it with dreamdrive in blue with the upgraded sound system and Alcântara headliner. I think I’m one of the first people to get the car. I got invited to an event in Arizona to tour the factor and take delivery there but they canceled it.
Nice congratulations

received call from da today that delivery will be 29th or 30th at short hills. Getting chargers installed on the 29th. It’s happening. Thank you all for great information provided by this user forum.
If I may ask what type charger you are installing?, I am trying to figure out what is best option

received call from da today that delivery will be 29th or 30th at short hills. Getting chargers installed on the 29th. It’s happening. Thank you all for great information provided by this user forum.

Same here. My delivery has been rescheduled from the 28th to the 29th.

I am scheduled for tomorrow but looks like the car is not here yet.
Just heard from my DA that my car has completed PDI at Goose Island. Awaiting transport to Short Hills. No confirmed delivery date but maybe I'll see you all there.

If I may ask what type charger you are installing?, I am trying to figure out what is best option
I installed the Juicebox 40 Nema 14-50 charger today. Went with this option instead of the hard wired option so that I can use the NEMA 14-50 plug with the Lucid charging cable if there is any issue with the Jukebox L2 charger

Big Tesla Energy
That's one way to look at it.

We don't yet know how Lucid will handle activating these features beyond the trial. Personally, I am hopeful they will offer both options to "buy outright" and turn the features on permanently for a one-time fee and a subscription that will let you turn on the feature(s) one month at a time. Choice is good.

I know a few Tesla owners who love being able to turn on FSD only when they take road trips. Costs far less over the life of the car than having to plunk out the $15k all at once. And since the unlock applies to the car, not you as a driver, you would not have to spend an extra $10k every time you buy a new Air. You'd just keep paying the $100-$200 per month on the months you need. Win-win.

If they break it down even further and let you "buy" features like the 360 cam on their own, even better.

Like I've been trying to tell all my app developer friends for years, not all subscriptions are evil. Many of them make a heck of a lot more financial sense for the company and the customer.

That's one way to look at it.

We don't yet know how Lucid will handle activating these features beyond the trial. Personally, I am hopeful they will offer both options to "buy outright" and turn the features on permanently for a one-time fee and a subscription that will let you turn on the feature(s) one month at a time. Choice is good.

I know a few Tesla owners who love being able to turn on FSD only when they take road trips. Costs far less over the life of the car than having to plunk out the $15k all at once. And since the unlock applies to the car, not you as a driver, you would not have to spend an extra $10k every time you buy a new Air. You'd just keep paying the $100-$200 per month on the months you need. Win-win.

If they break it down even further and let you "buy" features like the 360 cam on their own, even better.

Like I've been trying to tell all my app developer friends for years, not all subscriptions are evil. Many of them make a heck of a lot more financial sense for the company and the customer.

100% Agree. Would have loved that info at the beginning like we talked about. Maybe that's a later change that wasn't malicious strategy. But the amount of times I asked Lucid about having this exact thing you're describing, and being told that DDP and SSP were going to be STRUCTURALLY DIFFERENT, is what's highly frustrating given its costed those of us $11,900 for those 2 features... that's messed up

I tried to get more information from my DA along these lines but he just didn't know. @Firstto520, if you're listening, let us buy the surround view a la carte!

100% Agree. Would have loved that info at the beginning like we talked about. Maybe that's a later change that wasn't malicious strategy. But the amount of times I asked Lucid about having this exact thing you're describing, and being told that DDP and SSP were going to be STRUCTURALLY DIFFERENT, is what's highly frustrating given its costed those of us $9000.... that's messed up
My money is on them having determined that the extra marginal cost of the hardware itself was not worth complicating and slowing down the production line. I guess the value of the options is in the software, the use of which they'd license to you if you bought them.

So my Touring arrived at the delivery center 6 days ago, I know it was over Christmas, but wouldn't you expect Lucid to reach out and at least set up a delivery time and date by now? Or do they expect me to drop everything at a days notice? I'm sure they are aware their customers work for a living and pay for their car. At least send out an update!!! I've been very patient so far but this is NOT the way to sell a 100k plus luxury car. Hope Lucid customer service takes note and improves.

Yeah - I have been connected to their finance department only to be told that they are still waiting on Taxes and Fees from Lucid twice already. I reached out to DA/SA but not response since this morning
I even confirmed with the guy before transferring over and he said "I am sure we have sent it over" and yet I am in limbo. This has been going on for a week now.

Any ideas on how can I expedite this?

I will take delivery of my Lucid PURE on Friday in the sf Bay Area! I had to spec it with dreamdrive in blue with the upgraded sound system and Alcântara headliner. I think I’m one of the first people to get the car. I got invited to an event in Arizona to tour the factor and take delivery there but they canceled it.
You are one of five or six :) congrats!

You’ll probably meet @HariK there, and it’ll be a special event. :D

100% Agree. Would have loved that info at the beginning like we talked about. Maybe that's a later change that wasn't malicious strategy. But the amount of times I asked Lucid about having this exact thing you're describing, and being told that DDP and SSP were going to be STRUCTURALLY DIFFERENT, is what's highly frustrating given its costed those of us $11,900 for those 2 features... that's messed up
The original plan was absolutely to have separate assembly lines, or at least processes, due to the different hardware. It appears they changed that very recently, likely due to an efficiency improvement being worth it over the marginal cost of the additional hardware.

It doesn’t actually change anything for anyone who didn’t buy it; they still didn’t buy it. Nor does it change anything for anyone that did; those that did buy it still got priority deliveries over those that didn’t.

Functionally, nothing has changed.

The original plan was absolutely to have separate assembly lines, or at least processes, due to the different hardware. It appears they changed that very recently, likely due to an efficiency improvement being worth it over the marginal cost of the additional hardware.

It doesn’t actually change anything for anyone who didn’t buy it; they still didn’t buy it. Nor does it change anything for anyone that did; those that did buy it still got priority deliveries over those that didn’t.

That is true we did get priority delivery, or at least every attempt at it on Lucids part. I will agree with that being a benefit. It's just that I didn't want those features, personally, and asked many times about how to avoid it. It's frustrating because it's a huge cost. Enough to make the EOY factor essentially worthless (if you don't highly value a 3k sound system and a 9k camera system). You know what I mean? Like adding it at a later date would be great. But it was pitched like a "now or never" feature on top of the EOY delivery factor. If both fall through as false... you can't possibly disagree that that is highly dissapointing to pay 12k for.

I think there's a sense that the DDP buyers took a leap of faith on an undeveloped feature when they could have evaluated it for free for three months and then made a decision.

Will Lucid refund the $9k/$10k if the DDP buyer doesn't want it? Of course nothing requires them to but I can see why it would leave a bad taste.

I think there's a sense that the DDP buyers took a leap of faith on an undeveloped feature when they could have evaluated it for free for three months and then made a decision.

Will Lucid refund the $9k/$10k if the DDP buyer doesn't want it? Of course nothing requires them to but I can see why it would leave a bad taste.

100000%

Just heard from my DA that my car has completed PDI at Goose Island. Awaiting transport to Short Hills. No confirmed delivery date but maybe I'll see you all there.
Got a call from the short hills showroom and looks like the car did nor reach here today due to weather issues. They are expecting it sometime tomorrow and delivery got rescheduled to 2.00 pm on Thursday. She mentioned 8 cars were coming in tomorrow and 14 on Thursday

Got the "VIN assigned" email today. I have the amateur DD. Anyone have the latest figures on VIN to delivery time? I'm also going to have to order snow tires from Tire Rack

I must say that I am getting increasingly frustrated with the lack of information and seemingly arbitrary priorities. I put in my reservation way back in March of 2021 - converted to a order as soon as it was available and converted to a final as soon as I could. Ordered it fully loaded DD Pro SS Pro in order to be in the first batch. Looks like all sorts of other configurations are getting VIN and delivery scheduled. Meanwhile - my dashboard has my car going backwards from "In production" to "Preparing for production." All the while my DA shared nothing. She can only tell me that she doesn't have "visibility" on any other information. Probably just better if I quit reading the forum and continue to wait for the car. I have high expectations that all of the frustration will melt away when I get behind the wheel of my very own Lucid.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Back