reservation date - 5/21/22
order date - 8/11/22
finalized order - 11/2/22
Zenith Red
Santa Cruz interior
19” wheels
fully loaded

so…maybe this year?
Seems like there are relatively few Tourings so with the fully loaded version I'm thinking there's a chance. Any input from your DA?

Seems like there are relatively few Tourings so with the fully loaded version I'm thinking there's a chance. Any input from your DA?
Nope…I haven’t heard from her since our one conversation earlier this month. I may reach out to her this week.

Does it worry anyone that they have cars sitting not being delivered and that all of a sudden they have cars ready to be delivered now?
No. They've ramped up production. Have you seen the Casa Grande parking lot fly overs? There's hundreds of cars there. I'm more concerned about the lack of DA's to get these cars delivered.

I'm going to reach out to my delivery advisor later this week as well. Thursday is December 1st. Time to get anxious.

No. They've ramped up production. Have you seen the Casa Grande parking lot fly overs? There's hundreds of cars there. I'm more concerned about the lack of DA's to get these cars delivered.
I got my first weekly text update from my DA. Nothing new to report except "Stay Tuned". He did say on our first call that there are different set of people who handle the delivery.

I didn't get the date it was assigned. Hoping to get in touch with my DA in the next couple of days and will update with any info..

While I don't have any insight into the VIN assignments, my guess is they are coming in fast and furious and the DA infrastructure is struggling to manage the communication and deliveries.
Not to mention, they are producing more cars than what they can ship out of there!!

Sigh...seems like the Quantum Greys might be the last to see any updates. Gonna be really annoyed if picking the wrong color is what makes me lose out on the tax credit. Feels like I did all the right things with a Dec. 2020 reservation and finalized on Oct. 27th with the fully loaded options.

Sigh...seems like the Quantum Greys might be the last to see any updates. Gonna be really annoyed if picking the wrong color is what makes me lose out on the tax credit. Feels like I did all the right things with a Dec. 2020 reservation and finalized on Oct. 27th with the fully loaded options.
I sure hope not! My DA said to expect a vin in 2 weeks .. that was a week ago. I specifically asked if my color selection (Quantum Grey) would impact delivery, she said it wouldn’t. I’ll for sure be pinging her next week.

This evening I received an invite to finalize my design and I just completed it. Zenith Red with Santa Cruz interior, Glass Canopy, DDP, SSP and 19''' wheels. Reservation date was last week of May 22.
I sure hope not! My DA said to expect a vin in 2 weeks .. that was a week ago. I specifically asked if my color selection (Quantum Grey) would impact delivery, she said it wouldn’t. I’ll for sure be pinging her next week.
My DA also said they are a bit in the dark. So far only white cars have progressed other than the silver, so hopefully that’s true.

Does it worry anyone that they have cars sitting not being delivered and that all of a sudden they have cars ready to be delivered now?
What I do not understand is why everytime I visit a delivery center, there's usually only 1-2 employees max at any time doing deliveries while all the other (4-6) employees are standing around with hundreds of undelivered Airs in the back

Last edited:
Sure would be helpful to manage expectations if our DAs could provide any insight into whether our ordered configuration is currently built sitting in inventory (awaiting PDI or shipping) or whether it hasn't even been put into the production cycle... Reading VIN assignment is being delayed until ready for shipment, whereas thought it used to be communicated as production started...

Sure would be helpful to manage expectations if our DAs could provide any insight into whether our ordered configuration is currently built sitting in inventory (awaiting PDI or shipping) or whether it hasn't even been put into the production cycle... Reading VIN assignment is being delayed until ready for shipment, whereas thought it used to be communicated as production started...
Used to be. But that led to some folks getting. a VIN assigned and then waiting several months before they actually got their cars. I guess they figured that isn't ideal?

I imagine the process is still very much a moving target at this point. Especially with the EOY push.

Could you please add mine on the tracker?
Air Touring
Reservation: 10/22/21
Confirmation: 11/02/22
• Interior Trim: Santa Cruz

• Exterior Color: Zenith Red

• Wheels: 20” Aero Lite

• Glass Canopy

• Surreal Sound Pro

• Dream Drive Pro

Back