Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

finalized design 11/2/22
Same as the tracker
original reservation: 10/29/21
Confirmation: 08/10/22
Design: 11/2/22

Plenty of people are happy to order their Touring without seeing one on demo. Witness our tracker on page one of this thread.

Most of us drove the GT, figured out it would be similar enough, and took the plunge. It's really not that different a car.

Those who want to wait for a demo will probably be able to test drive one eventually. Maybe early next year.
My SA told me Beverly hills with have all the models on display Nov 17-20 (however all will be pre production and wont be able to sit or drive them)

Plenty of people are happy to order their Touring without seeing one on demo. Witness our tracker on page one of this thread.

Most of us drove the GT, figured out it would be similar enough, and took the plunge. It's really not that different a car.

Those who want to wait for a demo will probably be able to test drive one eventually. Maybe early next year.
There will always be people who are willing early adopters. There is nothing to deter them for "trying" new experience. My point was slightly different. Even though GT and T has very similar form factors, there are things that will be different under the hood. So, even if it's a simple assembly line change, it is a change. There will be some teething issues so I don't expect them to crank something out and hand it over to customers and expect users feedback to improve it. We are all going to be beta tester, for sure, but they still need some level of quality control before handing out first car. These cars what one can see, if not drive. That's what I was pointing.

If I recall correctly then there were demo cars ready before Dream version was delivered. Limited to certain locations in West Coast but still motivated people had opportunity. Even there was one in Manhattan before Oct delivery, if not mistaken.

There will always be people who are willing early adopters. There is nothing to deter them for "trying" new experience. My point was slightly different. Even though GT and T has very similar form factors, there are things that will be different under the hood. So, even if it's a simple assembly line change, it is a change. There will be some teething issues so I don't expect them to crank something out and hand it over to customers and expect users feedback to improve it. We are all going to be beta tester, for sure, but they still need some level of quality control before handing out first car. These cars what one can see, if not drive. That's what I was pointing.

If I recall correctly then there were demo cars ready before Dream version was delivered. Limited to certain locations in West Coast but still motivated people had opportunity. Even there was one in Manhattan before Oct delivery, if not mistaken.
Lucid posted pics of a Pure in progress on an assembly line months ago. And a Touring was featured in one of the tech talks. Lucid have certainly made a few of each trim already. I just don’t expect them to show up at any studios anytime soon for test drive.

Seems like this event coming up in Beverly Hills will have one of each on hand. But only to view, not drive.

The presser states TWO DIFFERENT BATTERY PACK SIZES FOR TOURING!!! They better stop playing with me and give me my damned massaging seats as an option!!

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring the best balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with two different battery pack sizes, as well as Air’s unique Glass Canopy – a single piece that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.

Now that I'm done fussing, they want more of our money. I might opt for the bigger battery.

Now that I'm done fussing, they want more of our money. I might opt for the bigger battery.

1667500500619.png

The presser states TWO DIFFERENT BATTERY PACK SIZES FOR TOURING!!! They better stop playing with me and give me my damned massaging seats as an option!!

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring the best balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with two different battery pack sizes, as well as Air’s unique Glass Canopy – a single piece that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.

In case you didn't see the other thread, this turns out to be a mistake. There will be no second battery option for Touring.

Insert Price-Is-Right trombone sad sound here.

Lucid Air Touring

I'm sorry team. This is incorrect and will be corrected momentarily. My apologies for this.

I agree. I test drove GT while waiting for Pure AWD DDp SSp. Other than a bit more acceleration which I never use and more legroom in the rear, I do not feel the need to test drive T before confirming my order.

Updated release copy below. Again, my apologies for any confusion.

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring a fine balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with the unique Glass Canopy – a single piece of glass that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view, as well as DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.

I'm sorry team. This is incorrect and will be corrected momentarily. My apologies for this.
While you are at it, can you also give more details comparing T with Pure? It is not clear if Pure AWD has the same HP and acceleration as T. Also, please create a clear table comparing DD and DDp.

Lucid Air Touring
Lucid Air Touring, with an MSRP of $107,400, is the quintessential Air, featuring a fine balance of performance, luxury, design, and space. As such, it can be optioned with the unique Glass Canopy – a single piece of glass that reaches from the base of the windshield to over the heads of the front passengers for an unobstructed view, as well as DreamDrive Pro, Lucid’s advanced driver assistance system. Full specs and additional details for Lucid Air Touring will also be shared on November 15.
Thanks for the update.

I'm official:
finalized design 11/3/22
same as the tracker
original reservation: 12/4/21
confirmation: 08/10/22

Lucid Air Touring
can you comment on "Later Availability"? how long is the setback if someone were to opt for those configurations?

Finialized my Touring today (11-3-22). I hadn't test drove a Lucid so I ran down to the Fashion Island Design Center to drive a GT. Was told Smooth and Sprint were very similar to Touring. Drove great!!! I was also needing to see the only available interior colors as I originally chose Mojave with Quantum Gray. Settled on Santa Cruz as I think it looks better with the Gray exterior. Time to invest in Scotch Guard and shoe booties for passengers!

I was also told that there was going to be a live stream from the Beverly Hills location on 11-15 where they will show all variants of the Air. Not sure if it can be attended in person or not.

See attachment for final details of my order and to the mod, please update the tracker. THANK YOU!!! The wait now begins!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 5.35.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 5.35.55 PM.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 71
Finalized my order yesterday and spoke with my DA today to review everything. Felipe was extremely nice, helpful and informative. Given that I've chosen options that are being produced first (Grey, Santa Cruz, DD Pro, Glass), he estimated my delivery to be in 1-3 months. While he's not an accountant, he thought there was a good chance I might get the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery was after Jan 1. Reassured me that all Tourings will likely have the latest 2.0 or later software and should be good from that perspective. He mentioned that Lucid has really been prioritizing improving the software as I think we all have noticed. He also reassured me that the paint quality has improved significantly since the earlier concerns. I live in Maryland and my closest showroom is Tysons Corner in northern Virginia. He explained that I should definitely take delivery there (rather than home). He also told me that Chicago is where my PDI would be performed prior to delivery to Tysons. This is my first EV and we talked about home charging options. Both he and my SA recommended starting with just the cable that comes with the car (50 amps) since this charges at 40 miles per hour and would easily cover my daily commuting miles overnight. Down the road if V2H becomes a reality, it might be worth it to purchase the Lucid Home Charging Station. He mentioned that many new Lucid owners are having a 100amp circuit installed with a step down to 50amps as a way of future proofing in case they choose to buy the home charger in the future. Curious what others here think about that idea. The home charger looks really slick but is it really needed? Finally, he confirmed that Highway Assist is only available with DD Pro and Dolby Atmos is only available with Surreal Sound Pro.
EXCITED!!!

Finalized my order yesterday and spoke with my DA today to review everything. Felipe was extremely nice, helpful and informative. Given that I've chosen options that are being produced first (Grey, Santa Cruz, DD Pro, Glass), he estimated my delivery to be in 1-3 months. While he's not an accountant, he thought there was a good chance I might get the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery was after Jan 1. Reassured me that all Tourings will likely have the latest 2.0 or later software and should be good from that perspective. He mentioned that Lucid has really been prioritizing improving the software as I think we all have noticed. He also reassured me that the paint quality has improved significantly since the earlier concerns. I live in Maryland and my closest showroom is Tysons Corner in northern Virginia. He explained that I should definitely take delivery there (rather than home). He also told me that Chicago is where my PDI would be performed prior to delivery to Tysons. This is my first EV and we talked about home charging options. Both he and my SA recommended starting with just the cable that comes with the car (50 amps) since this charges at 40 miles per hour and would easily cover my daily commuting miles overnight. Down the road if V2H becomes a reality, it might be worth it to purchase the Lucid Home Charging Station. He mentioned that many new Lucid owners are having a 100amp circuit installed with a step down to 50amps as a way of future proofing in case they choose to buy the home charger in the future. Curious what others here think about that idea. The home charger looks really slick but is it really needed? Finally, he confirmed that Highway Assist is only available with DD Pro and Dolby Atmos is only available with Surreal Sound Pro.
EXCITED!!!
Very cool. My DA has not reached out yet. I may have to get proactive soon and make sure I have a conversation in the next few weeks.

Back