Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I wonder if Lucid makes more profit on Pure with AWD, DD Pro, SS Pro than base Touring without Glass, DD Pro and SS Pro and ships those first. I think there is more profit in DD Pro for Lucid.
I don't think it's an either-or with Pure vs Touring. I think Pure production will get started regardless, on its own line. Maybe before the end of the year.

My guess is that Touring is close enough to GT that they are planning to temporarily halt GT production to catch up to Touring. Or they will batch between the two as needed. But Pure will be its own line, cranking out at its own pace.

The longer they wait to start Pure, the more they risk many of those early reservation holders walking away in favor of other EVs.

I don't think it's an either-or with Pure vs Touring. I think Pure production will get started regardless, on its own line. Maybe before the end of the year.

My guess is that Touring is close enough to GT that they are planning to temporarily halt GT production to catch up to Touring. Or they will batch between the two as needed. But Pure will be its own line, cranking out at its own pace.

The longer they wait to start Pure, the more they risk many of those early reservation holders walking away in favor of other EVs.
It does seem that 60% of the Touring orders are without DD Pro but 70% like glass. If Lucid has enough glass to ship all GT, perhaps T with Glass is no-brainer to build. I doubt if those waiting for P will cancel because which other car is close in range, price, performance and features? I really don't think they will halt GT. If they do, a used Dream edition is what people may buy and cancel GT particularly if some of the Dream edition buyers switch to Saphire.

Finalized my order last night. Please update my entry to DDPro: Yes. SSPro: Yes

Please add: Confirmation Date: November 2, 2022 and DDP.
Thank you!

Happy to help. Good questions.

Thank you for the responses. Very helpful.

I just got a GV-60, so getting the Lucid quickly would actually be a bad thing, because I want to get to know the GV-60 for a while before I get the Lucid.

Plan was for my wife to take the GV-60, then sell her ICE car. Then decide if she wants to keep the GV60 or the Lucid. By that time (a year from now), my R1S should be delivered and then we decide who gets kicked off the island!

Track me please

Reservation Date: 2/14/2022
Confirmation Date: 11/2/2022
Exterior/Interior Color: Black/Tahoe
Options:
  • Platinum look
  • Glass canopy roof
  • 20" Aero Lite wheels
  • DreamDrive Pro
  • Surreal Sound Pro
State: CA

Got this email today..After I finalize what’s the possible wait time..I opted not to get the surreal sound pro because I want to add my own stereo equipment….how much longer do you thing this would delay me getting the car? Any thoughts…Also I don’t see the value in the dream drive pro, as a result I passed on this option.

9C5CABCD-CE58-4B4D-84BA-E98818DE3DA3.jpeg

My SA told me they’re building the loaded ones first, so you may be in Q1 instead. But who really knows.

Yeah…I am not gonna drop $3k for the audio system which I plan to upgrade….The extra money can go towards PPF and tint 😀
I will just wait it out And be patient.

Finalized my order last night. Please update my entry to DDPro: Yes. SSPro: Yes
Congrats. I think you will be one of the early people to get Touring because of the expensive and profitable options.

Track me please

Reservation Date: 2/14/2022
Confirmation Date: 11/2/2022
Exterior/Interior Color: Black/Tahoe
Options:
  • Platinum look
  • Glass canopy roof
  • 20" Aero Lite wheels
  • DreamDrive Pro
  • Surreal Sound Pro
State: CA
Nice. Fully loaded. You may have a Christmas surprise.

I confirmed my spec last night and just joined the forum

Deposit: 17-Dec-21
Confirmed: 1-Nov-22
  • Quantum Grey
  • Platinum Look
  • Glass Canopy
  • Tahoe interior
  • DreamDrive Pro
  • Surreal Sound Pro
  • 20 inch wheels

Please update my order:

Confirmation: 2-Nov-2022
Add: Dream Drive Pro

Thanks /keith

@joec - please update my final confirmation.

I went to short hills, NJ wanted to checkout ZR/Tahoe in person. It’s look stunning.

Hence, these are my final confirmation.
Zenith Red / Tahoe / DD Pro / SS Pro / 19”
Confirmed - 11/02/2022.

Thanks.

Just finalized today please update tracker
Touring
Quantum Grey,
Mojave Interior
Dream Drive Pro
Surreal Sound
21” Aero Blade Wheels
Glass Canopy Roof
AWD Drivetrain

Also I ordered the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station last week delivery date November 30

Back