Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Finalized my order yesterday and spoke with my DA today to review everything. Felipe was extremely nice, helpful and informative. Given that I've chosen options that are being produced first (Grey, Santa Cruz, DD Pro, Glass), he estimated my delivery to be in 1-3 months. While he's not an accountant, he thought there was a good chance I might get the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery was after Jan 1. Reassured me that all Tourings will likely have the latest 2.0 or later software and should be good from that perspective. He mentioned that Lucid has really been prioritizing improving the software as I think we all have noticed. He also reassured me that the paint quality has improved significantly since the earlier concerns. I live in Maryland and my closest showroom is Tysons Corner in northern Virginia. He explained that I should definitely take delivery there (rather than home). He also told me that Chicago is where my PDI would be performed prior to delivery to Tysons. This is my first EV and we talked about home charging options. Both he and my SA recommended starting with just the cable that comes with the car (50 amps) since this charges at 40 miles per hour and would easily cover my daily commuting miles overnight. Down the road if V2H becomes a reality, it might be worth it to purchase the Lucid Home Charging Station. He mentioned that many new Lucid owners are having a 100amp circuit installed with a step down to 50amps as a way of future proofing in case they choose to buy the home charger in the future. Curious what others here think about that idea. The home charger looks really slick but is it really needed? Finally, he confirmed that Highway Assist is only available with DD Pro and Dolby Atmos is only available with Surreal Sound Pro.
EXCITED!!!
I'm in Harrisburg, PA and my closest Studio is Tysons Corner as well. However, I told my DA that since I went with 21's with summer tires, driving back from Tysons Corner or Short Hills wasn't an option. I'm getting home delivery free of charge. I'm curious on the reason why your DA told you that you should take delivery from Tysons instead of home?

I am just one data point, and I can’t remember the hard number(s) thrown at me. The auto detail shop I used to apply PPF and ceramic coating assured me that paint thickness on my Air GT was consistent, and consistently thicker than anything they’d seen on the hundreds and hundreds of Teslas they’ve worked on.
That is so amazing to hear! Thank you for sharing!

I'm in Harrisburg, PA and my closest Studio is Tysons Corner as well. However, I told my DA that since I went with 21's with summer tires, driving back from Tysons Corner or Short Hills wasn't an option. I'm getting home delivery free of charge. I'm curious on the reason why your DA told you that you should take delivery from Tysons instead of home?
Not sure. I told him that I have relatives close to Tysons and it was easy for me to get there. I'm also getting the 19" all season tires. I kind of assumed there would be an upcharge for home delivery though he never said this. After telling him all this, he just said that was the best option for me - maybe trying to save some money for Lucid? In any event, I'm happy to go to Tysons to pick it up. Will give me an opportunity to drive it home! (My wife might not love driving me down there though).

Finalized my order yesterday and spoke with my DA today to review everything. Felipe was extremely nice, helpful and informative. Given that I've chosen options that are being produced first (Grey, Santa Cruz, DD Pro, Glass), he estimated my delivery to be in 1-3 months. While he's not an accountant, he thought there was a good chance I might get the $7,500 tax credit even if delivery was after Jan 1. Reassured me that all Tourings will likely have the latest 2.0 or later software and should be good from that perspective. He mentioned that Lucid has really been prioritizing improving the software as I think we all have noticed. He also reassured me that the paint quality has improved significantly since the earlier concerns. I live in Maryland and my closest showroom is Tysons Corner in northern Virginia. He explained that I should definitely take delivery there (rather than home). He also told me that Chicago is where my PDI would be performed prior to delivery to Tysons. This is my first EV and we talked about home charging options. Both he and my SA recommended starting with just the cable that comes with the car (50 amps) since this charges at 40 miles per hour and would easily cover my daily commuting miles overnight. Down the road if V2H becomes a reality, it might be worth it to purchase the Lucid Home Charging Station. He mentioned that many new Lucid owners are having a 100amp circuit installed with a step down to 50amps as a way of future proofing in case they choose to buy the home charger in the future. Curious what others here think about that idea. The home charger looks really slick but is it really needed? Finally, he confirmed that Highway Assist is only available with DD Pro and Dolby Atmos is only available with Surreal Sound Pro.
EXCITED!!!
You can use the provided cable with a NEMA14-50 outlet installed in your garage. Be sure the cable is long enough to reach the outlet. The Lucid wall charger is 24 feet. The provided cable is shorter. Most wall chargers have 24 or 25 ft cable. I plan to get the Lucid wall charger to be ready for bidirectional charging and need 24’ cable for my garage setup.

Very cool. My DA has not reached out yet. I may have to get proactive soon and make sure I have a conversation in the next few weeks.
DA reachout seems really inconsistent/random. I confirmed 10/27 and just got an email from a DA today at 5pm. The email was just a brief intro and a link to Calendly to set up a call, and the earliest available was next Monday at 3pm.

Not sure. I told him that I have relatives close to Tysons and it was easy for me to get there. I'm also getting the 19" all season tires. I kind of assumed there would be an upcharge for home delivery though he never said this. After telling him all this, he just said that was the best option for me - maybe trying to save some money for Lucid? In any event, I'm happy to go to Tysons to pick it up. Will give me an opportunity to drive it home! (My wife might not love driving me down there though).

Oh, there’s no call for that. No need for your wife to drive you. If it’s not too late, have your SA arrange for a Lyft to pick you up.

My SA in Costa Mesa CA did just that. First he offered a home delivery, which I declined. Then right after he offered for Lyft to pick me up.

Two family member and I were picked up at my home and driven 109 miles to the delivery centre. No fuss, no muss and very little effort on my part.

Oh, there’s no call for that. No need for your wife to drive you. If it’s not too late, have your SA arrange for a Lyft to pick you up.

My SA in Costa Mesa CA did just that. First he offered a home delivery, which I declined. Then right after he offered for Lyft to pick me up.

Two family member and I were picked up at my home and driven 109 miles to the delivery centre. No fuss, no muss and very little effort on my part.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely give that a try.

DA reachout seems really inconsistent/random. I confirmed 10/27 and just got an email from a DA today at 5pm. The email was just a brief intro and a link to Calendly to set up a call, and the earliest available was next Monday at 3pm.
I confirmed on November 2. I got the same brief introductory email with a link to Calendly to set up a call on November 3. Just happened that my DA had time available the same afternoon.

Received Finance e-mail this morning although I don't have DDPro.
Any advice if I shall proceed with an application or too early??

Way too early. Financing will usually only be good for 30 days.

Is it normal they send financing e-mails too early.
In the announcement yesterday, they were mentioning that first touring deliveries will be in the evening of 11/15/22 at Beverly Hills which is very close to me.

In the announcement yesterday, they were mentioning that first touring deliveries will be in the evening of 11/15/22 at Beverly Hills which is very close to me.
First delivery. Not deliveries. My guess is that's a bit of a marketing stunt. That one person will get their Touring, and then the next one won't be for a couple of weeks, at least.

No one here has been assigned a VIN. We haven't even gotten confirmation that the assembly line has officially transferred over to making Touring. Lucid has an obvious backlog of hundreds of GTs they have not yet delivered sitting in parking lots at the studios and the factory.

I would not apply for financing until your DA tells you your car is on its way to the delivery point. It likely won't take more than a week or so to secure financing. But if you have to do it twice, it will hit your credit hard twice.

I live in Phoenix and received the financing email on November 2. I'm guessing that email was sent to most (all?) of those that have finalized their configuration.

I live in Phoenix and received the financing email on November 2. I'm guessing that email was sent to most (all?) of those that have finalized their configuration.
Yes. I got the financing email, and I still haven’t even heard from my DA. I think it’s automated to come to you just after finalizing your design.

I got an email from DA yesterday and financing email this AM. But, with metal roof, Mojave, and SS (not pro), my car ain't getting built anytime soon. So, I'm not doing anything at this point. Although, I *am* considering stealth now that I am waiting anyway. $6k is a big chunk of change though for that though.

Quick question on stealth- does it only work with black? Or if you choose another color, do they basically replace the chrome coloring (mirrors etc...) with whichever color you choose?

I got an email from DA yesterday and financing email this AM. But, with metal roof, Mojave, and SS (not pro), my car ain't getting built anytime soon. So, I'm not doing anything at this point. Although, I *am* considering stealth now that I am waiting anyway. $6k is a big chunk of change though for that though.

Quick question on stealth- does it only work with black? Or if you choose another color, do they basically replace the chrome coloring (mirrors etc...) with whichever color you choose?
My impression with stealth is that they take the chrome/platinum colored pieces and used a darker metal (thus there is less contrast). I haven't seen anything that allows you to choose the color of the stealth changes to the shiny metal bits.

I got an email from our DA yesterday. Talked to her on the phone. She stated 1-3 month delivery timeframe. Per our discussion, no sense working on any financing until we get VIN as the bank will need that to process your quote/terms. So, apparently, no chance to "lock-in" to current rates without that VIN. She really had no idea of of anything other than 1-3 months from yesterday to get delivery. Call me skeptical on the one month thing, but I can't even fathom that is remotely possible.

Way, Way, Way too early.

Stealth is available for all colors and deletes all of the chrome and polish and replaces it with black on every inch of the exterior of the car. The mirror caps are also blacked out and not body color like for polish look. Wheels are the standard 20's but blacked out.

I got an email from our DA yesterday. Talked to her on the phone. She stated 1-3 month delivery timeframe. Per our discussion, no sense working on any financing until we get VIN as the bank will need that to process your quote/terms. So, apparently, no chance to "lock-in" to current rates without that VIN. She really had no idea of of anything other than 1-3 months from yesterday to get delivery. Call me skeptical on the one month thing, but I can't even fathom that is remotely possible.
Christmas surprise delivery I think for a few of the fully loaded Touring. Imagine the buzz it creates! It would be brilliant marketing if that happens.

Back