Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I just know Tesla almost went bankrupt producing the model 3. Until they where able to make 1k a week, that’s when they started to print money

I asked my delivery advisor about the delivery schedule for the Pure and if switching to Fathom Blue would speed it up. I also asked about the rumor of DreamDrive Pro possibly being built into all Lucids and activated by software subscription. This was the replay:

"I do not have any information as to changes to differentiate between the hardware and software for DreamDrive. Rest assured, all actions taken by Lucid are to ensure that we are acting in good faith with customers, especially with fulfilling orders in a timely manner. This same promise also applies to you. We will do our due diligence to ensure your delivery is in a timely manner. As soon as I hear the word, I will make sure to give you updates on your car or a corresponding car that may become readily available for your reception."

My sales advisor said in an email that the Fathom Blue fully loaded configuration will yield an “early 2023 turnaround time.”

My sales advisor said in an email that the Fathom Blue fully loaded configuration will yield an “early 2023 turnaround time.”
Worth the wait. That color is beautiful.

I just know Tesla almost went bankrupt producing the model 3. Until they where able to make 1k a week, that’s when they started to print money
Yes, we all agree it is important for Lucid to produce more cars, faster. That’s not exactly news.

That said, ramping up takes time, and perhaps they discovered inefficiencies or issues with the first 12 that they are ironing out before the second batch. Eventually, they will have the line fully set up to crank them out; we saw that with the GT pushes and touring.

Is the same car , with smaller battery. So it shouldn’t be that hard. They have major problems.
Peter Rawlinson was asked how long those waiting for the base Pure would have to wait. He said perhaps Q4.

Is the same car , with smaller battery. So it shouldn’t be that hard. They have major problems.
Peter Rawlinson was asked how long those waiting for the base Pure would have to wait. He said perhaps Q4.
Unless you want to elaborate on what the "major problems" are, this post is not adding much value to this thread.

Reservation Date: January 26, 2022
Confirmed: August 10, 2022
AWD w/20" Aero Lite Wheels
Infinite Black
Mojave PurLuxe with Alcantara
DDP
Las Vegas

"Shouldn't be that hard." Famous last words.

Never having actually set up a manufacturing plant for automobiles myself, I have no idea what's hard and what's not.

I do agree that Pure customers are only going to wait around so long before moving on to other options. And there are an increasing number of options. It's quite the pickle Lucid is facing.

But I think given the choice between producing Pure faster and making sure those Pures are relatively well built and trouble-free, they have to go with the latter. Cranking them out only to have the majority end up with warranty service needs is going to hurt the brand too much.

"Shouldn't be that hard." Famous last words.

Never having actually set up a manufacturing plant for automobiles myself, I have no idea what's hard and what's not.

I do agree that Pure customers are only going to wait around so long before moving on to other options. And there are an increasing number of options. It's quite the pickle Lucid is facing.

But I think given the choice between producing Pure faster and making sure those Pures are relatively well built and trouble-free, they have to go with the latter. Cranking them out only to have the majority end up with warranty service needs is going to hurt the brand too much.
Actually while the production is important, the service and spare parts for the cars sold are very important to build confidence. Also, like many automakers, they need to certify 3rd party accessories and not say that the warranty will not be honored if we buy a 3rd party accessory.

In my case I was potentially willing to wait for the car but not for the specifications for the car. It is now almost two months since the much vaunted November 15th announcement and Lucid still has not released the detailed specifications on the RWD Pure. So when a Genesis GV60 popped up in Scottsdale, I grabbed it.

I have concluded that there must be one of two reasons for the delay/refusal to specify what features are in or out of the RWD Pure. Either it is so good that they are delaying public release so as not to cannibalize sales for higher end models or it is so bad that publication will generate lots of cancellations and hurt the stock sales.

Talking about Tesla, a lot of people do not know that they were profitable perhaps 8 years after the start of production and that too because they sold clean energy credits.

Anyone have a guess if AWD pure will be higher volume than RWD?

In my case I was potentially willing to wait for the car but not for the specifications for the car. It is now almost two months since the much vaunted November 15th announcement and Lucid still has not released the detailed specifications on the RWD Pure. So when a Genesis GV60 popped up in Scottsdale, I grabbed it.

I have concluded that there must be one of two reasons for the delay/refusal to specify what features are in or out of the RWD Pure. Either it is so good that they are delaying public release so as not to cannibalize sales for higher end models or it is so bad that publication will generate lots of cancellations and hurt the stock sales.

How do you like your GV60? How does it compare with the Lucid? And do you think it will be a competitive threat to Lucid sales?

How do you like your GV60? How does it compare with the Lucid? And do you think it will be a competitive threat to Lucid sales?
Please take this to another thread, perhaps in the “General Automotive / EV Talk” forum.

Drove to the Dallas studio today from Houston, drove the touring, and simply amazed how good a car they've made! All doubts about lucid are gone..and I also added the DD Pro to my pure build cos it was that amazing and a no brainier to add! Mine is now a fully loaded Fathom pure with a list price of 96K and I think it's so going to be worth it! Can't wait to get it in my garage..! And what made the whole thing awesome was the super nice friendly service we got all the way for over 3 hrs that I spent at the studio. From everything I saw, lucid has a winner at hand and I'm super pumped about not only the car but also the brand as a whole. Now the hard part... The wait... Ha..

Drove to the Dallas studio today from Houston, drove the touring, and simply amazed how good a car they've made! All doubts about lucid are gone..and I also added the DD Pro to my pure build cos it was that amazing and a no brainier to add! Mine is now a fully loaded Fathom pure with a list price of 96K and I think it's so going to be worth it! Can't wait to get it in my garage..! And what made the whole thing awesome was the super nice friendly service we got all the way for over 3 hrs that I spent at the studio. From everything I saw, lucid has a winner at hand and I'm super pumped about not only the car but also the brand as a whole. Now the hard part... The wait... Ha..
Yes, I was there Dallas studio in November. Very impressed! I hope in a year Lucid Gravity will be showcased in the studio as well.

I asked my delivery advisor about the delivery schedule for the Pure and if switching to Fathom Blue would speed it up. I also asked about the rumor of DreamDrive Pro possibly being built into all Lucids and activated by software subscription. This was the replay:

"I do not have any information as to changes to differentiate between the hardware and software for DreamDrive. Rest assured, all actions taken by Lucid are to ensure that we are acting in good faith with customers, especially with fulfilling orders in a timely manner. This same promise also applies to you. We will do our due diligence to ensure your delivery is in a timely manner. As soon as I hear the word, I will make sure to give you updates on your car or a corresponding car that may become readily available for your reception."
I don't believe the DA's are very informed, they usually give vague responses on vehicle options of delivery timelines. I received an email from mine asking to schedule a call for further information on my delivery/production and on the call she wasn't certain what the call was for?

Back