Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

$95,000
Glass Canopy Roof Option = $4,000
Surreal Sound Audio System = $2,900
Dream Drive Pro (Level 3 Autonomous Driving) = $9,000
Base pure old price $77k AWD 5k. 82k but if you get pure 95k with awd and 7.5k tax credit it is about 105k - 7.5k = 97.5k. I paid 108k on the road with base pure awd ddp ssp - 7.5k tax credit = about 100k

As of the beginning of 2023, the tax credit no longer applies to any Lucid model. The 2022 credit was for date of delivery, not date of order.
I thought that they extended the tax credit to those who take delivery before the end of March.

I thought that they extended the tax credit to those who take delivery before the end of March.
Only for folks upgrading to a touring.

I got a chance to drive both the R1S and the Air, the ride quality on the R1S was so much worse it was surprising. Even compared to our current x7. From what I understand, the R1T is much better so I have that scheduled as well. Hopefully the R1S can be improved with some damper control adjustments.

If you're referring to the Air credit, then you have to place an order by the end of March and take delivery by the end of April for a Touring with at least the glass canopy.
AA5DF432-307C-4B68-BB83-A7E70870A141.jpeg

The $7500 federal tax credit doesn't apply beyond 2022.

Only for folks upgrading to a touring.

I got a chance to drive both the R1S and the Air, the ride quality on the R1S was so much worse it was surprising. Even compared to our current x7. From what I understand, the R1T is much better so I have that scheduled as well. Hopefully the R1S can be improved with some damper control adjustments.
Ah. I see. I somehow thought that the 2022 us ev tax credit was extended till March 31 2023. I guess not. R1T is a very different category and I never looked at it. The huge battery and the epa 2 miles per KWh was a big negative for me. Besides the truck is a different use case perfect for local use heavy duty I think.

I decided that I don't want the glass roof but awd ddp ssp. Initially my wife wanted Zenith Red but she totally loved F Blue we now have. My thinking about ddp was if it prevents just 1 accident it is worth it and I am 66 and I plan to keep the car for 15 years 200k miles if I am still driving at that time.
That accident logic made me prioritize DDP over Touring aesthetics. In fact it has already saved me from one. Car was stopped in middle of freeway at night with medium traffic plus slight road curve so not something I would've seen from a distance. 70 to 0 mph break. I can't certainly say if DDP breaked earlier for me but the collision alarm warning at least made react faster and slam the breaks harder. The Air breaked wonderfully. Trouble is not over as I had to immediately leave my lane since there's risk of cars behind hitting me. There's quite a bit of cars coming so my window of opportunity was small. I hit the pedal as soon as I found one. The car's quick acceleration allowed me to match the speed and join the other lane safer

Also 360 view is MVP for parking. I suck at estimating distance especially when reversing. I'm still getting a hang of it since the car is much bigger than my previous car that I drove for 10 years. Margin of error is much smaller so it's nice to see where the parking lines are

That accident logic made me prioritize DDP over Touring aesthetics. In fact it has already saved me from one. Car was stopped in middle of freeway at night with medium traffic plus slight road curve so not something I would've seen from a distance. 70 to 0 mph break. I can't certainly say if DDP breaked earlier for me but the collision alarm warning at least made react faster and slam the breaks harder. The Air breaked wonderfully. Trouble is not over as I had to immediately leave my lane since there's risk of cars behind hitting me. There's quite a bit of cars coming so my window of opportunity was small. I hit the pedal as soon as I found one. The car's quick acceleration allowed me to match the speed and join the other lane safer

Also 360 view is MVP for parking. I suck at estimating distance especially when reversing. I'm still getting a hang of it since the car is much bigger than my previous car that I drove for 10 years. Margin of error is much smaller so it's nice to see where the parking lines are
I did not realize that 360 deg view is part of DDp. It is a big deal for me in my garage and every parking spot. I did not try Auto Park.

Pure in Houston! I stopped by at the Houston service center today and noticed this Fathom Blue Pure hanging out... Took some photos for the forum... Enjoy!

Attachments

• PXL_20230225_190106775.jpg
    PXL_20230225_190106775.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 331
  • PXL_20230225_190040345.jpg
    PXL_20230225_190040345.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 304
  • PXL_20230225_190030361.jpg
    PXL_20230225_190030361.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 284
  • PXL_20230225_190011318.jpg
    PXL_20230225_190011318.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 292
  • PXL_20230225_185930002.jpg
    PXL_20230225_185930002.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 275
  • PXL_20230225_185917154.jpg
    PXL_20230225_185917154.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 346
Pure in Houston! I stopped by at the Houston service center today and noticed this Fathom Blue Pure hanging out... Took some photos for the forum... Enjoy!

Great News!

I'm still flip flopping between Zenith Red and the Fathom Blue .....argh

I saw the Fathom Blue Pure earlier today, and it truly looks like a cross between silver and gray.. with a very mild blueish tinge... You almost have to look for the blue color... Think about that color as a very nice lighter grey but with a blueish hue...Hope this helps your decision making...

Same here. I have Red on order, but I've read many good comments here on the fathom blue. I want to see it in the metal, not just pictures. I really like the sapphire blue if I could get it on my pure. I had sapphire blue on my Porsche Boxster. I loved that color.

I hear you, but how about just as a premium EV vehicle? Who'd have thought a luxury EV R1T pickup truck would be a hit?

I was going to replace my Macan S with the Air, and wife's Tesla Y with R1S. But after test driving the Air (awesome!), its low ground clearance (sedans scrape on my driveway), limited trunk (albeit vast for a sedan), narrow pass-thru (can't fit snowboards; roof mount sapped ~30% range on the Y), etc... A sedan--as awesome as the Air is--just doesn't feel right for me. I should've figured, since I haven't bought a sedan for my household in 20+ years. So, I'll swap my Porsche with Rivian. 🤷‍♂️

I'm eagerly looking forward to the Lucid Gravity SUV, and hopefully a "compact sport" follow-up! Good luck to everyone with speedy deliveries and great shared experiences!
That makes sense...looks like you really need a SUV.

Anyone else receive a 10 day warning email to finalize their design? Yet it doesn't seem possible to see the fathom blue in anything but pictures. Even the sample colors in the studio does not show the blue.

I haven't received one yet, but I'm within 10 days of needing to finalize.

Back