Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

I had the opposite situation. Had a fully Touring finalized but I went down to Pure. After taxes it was about a 20k difference iirc mostly paying for leather seats and glass roof (but if I had lots of money to spare I would've gotten the Touring). Really though my budget was for a Touring with no DDP but with 7500 EV credit but decided 360 view and DDP is more important than a glass roof. If 3 month DDP trial was offered back then I would've also gotten the Touring then purchased the DDP later.

What factors are you deciding on?
I'm trying to decide if glass canopy, ventilated seats, rear sunshades, soft close doors, and power frunk are worth that $20K difference.
I want to test drive both a Touring and Pure to make a more informed decision, but I haven't heard that Pures are ready for test drives in the Bay Area.

I'm trying to decide if glass canopy, ventilated seats, rear sunshades, soft close doors, and power frunk are worth that $20K difference.
I want to test drive both a Touring and Pure to make a more informed decision, but I haven't heard that Pures are ready for test drives in the Bay Area.
Careful.... I was in this same boat and decided that the Touring was a better buy. Btw you didn't add leather wrapped steering, range and HP to your list.
well now I'm in another boat of Touring vs Used Grand Touring for a few dollars more.
If the Pure meets your needs go for it, a few dollars will always get something better especially when split over 60-84 months

Glass canopy is nice and futuristic. Someone mentioned that a metal roof will be less heat inside the car. Glass will be pricey if damaged.

Ventilated seats hmm can't really comment on this since I've never used it and I'm cursed (or blessed) with small butt so I never considered this.

Sunshades I've completely forgotten about them. Window tinting may be more effective? Usually for heat problems I'd just open all my windows the first several minutes I drive. Pure has black interior so it's going to be hot. If you got Touring, what interior are you getting? I was going to get Santa Cruz but I've been happy with the fake leather black Pure interior.

Soft door close would be nice as 100% of my passengers and guests have so far failed to fully close their door on their first attempt lol

Power frunk. I rarely use the frunk since I have the spare tire in there. Soft close non powered frunk has been fine for me. Opening it is not a problem. Just lift a little and it'll fully open on it's own. Do have to exert a bit when pulling it down to close it though. Fortunately the trunk is powered now I would be bothered if they removed that.

If you're in the Sacramento area let me know

Just to clarify..you're saying you upgraded from Pure to Touring and you got the OLD touring price of 95K and all of this was in January 2023?
I did basically this exact thing. Had a 77k pure reserved and upgraded to a Touring in January '23, took delivery on 1/20/23. 95k was the base price and I got the pre-rate hike prices for SSP/DDP/Glass Canopy(?) as well.

Careful.... I was in this same boat and decided that the Touring was a better buy. Btw you didn't add leather wrapped steering, range and HP to your list.
well now I'm in another boat of Touring vs Used Grand Touring for a few dollars more.
If the Pure meets your needs go for it, a few dollars will always get something better especially when split over 60-84 months
Good point about a used GT for not much more. A used Dream Edition sold for 111k recently too. Something to consider @lisha if a used GT route would be better

Don't forget the Touring has more horsepower which costs 1/2 of the difference amount, you can compare that with Telsa, it charges more for the horsepower not the luxury items.

Wait. Is the steering wheel purluxe or plastic?

Yes but its 20k over many years of ownership...next year and the year after, you will most probably make the 20k up..but you will not be able to have ventilated seats, or soft close doors, then...so while the difference may seem large now at a single point in time...spread over a longer term, the20k to me was justified esp after I test drove the Touring...hope this helps your decision making a bit...

Don't forget the Touring has more horsepower which costs 1/2 of the difference amount, you can compare that with Telsa, it charges more for the horsepower not the luxury items.
This is actually a really good point. Also I test drove a Touring and Tesla Model S 5 days apart and the delivery of power of the Lucid just felt better...Tesla just dumped the power like a go-kart...whereas the Touring felt more refined, poised and balanced but in no way slow...that sealed it for me...after driving a Touring...when we saw a Tesla with the rubberized yoke...it was clear that Tesla just isnt there in the interior department...

Wait. Is the steering wheel purluxe or plastic?
I'm not sure about that, hopefully its purluxe which shouldn't be much different

Yes but its 20k over many years of ownership...next year and the year after, you will most probably make the 20k up..but you will not be able to have ventilated seats, or soft close doors, then...so while the difference may seem large now at a single point in time...spread over a longer term, the20k to me was justified esp after I test drove the Touring...hope this helps your decision making a bit...
ExLucidPureMan or LucidTouringMan :) did you get a vin yet? I asked my DA yesterday, and received a VIN today. Another fellow indicated that he received a VIN the same day he upgraded.... You may want to check with your DA

ExLucidPureMan or LucidTouringMan :) did you get a vin yet? I asked my DA yesterday, and received a VIN today. Another fellow indicated that he received a VIN the same day he upgraded.... You may want to check with your DA
Yes sir! I got the VIN assigned yesterday...expected delivery end of month...working to complete the loan paperwork then get a NEMA outlet installed for the charger...ordered the tire repair kit and wheel stem caps... so looking forward to taking delivery...

Yes sir! I got the VIN assigned yesterday...expected delivery end of month...working to complete the loan paperwork then get a NEMA outlet installed for the charger...ordered the tire repair kit and wheel stem caps... so looking forward to taking delivery...
Wow you're on top of it. I should start getting ready myself

Do you guys get the good insurance rate quote, Geico is asking so much, right now Progressive rate is the best for me?

Wow you're on top of it. I should start getting ready myself
Yeah cos where I live QMerit is taking about a month to install the charger...but its mostly cos I dont want there to be a time when the car is not charged and ready for me to drive ;) ...Im researching home chargers right now...avoiding the Lucid home charger ($1200) cos apparently it hasissues staying connected to Wi-Fi etc. and looking between ChargePoint and Juicebox...planning to keep my mobile charger inside the car..

CAN WE? I'd love it if we can...I didnt even think that was an option to change my name..but lucidtouringman would be awesome...haha
You can change your own name:
- Click your avatar at the top of the page
- Click Account Details
- Hit the 'Change' button next to your name.

definetly worth. look at your monthly payment difference.

If you got Touring, what interior are you getting? I was going to get Santa Cruz but I've been happy with the fake leather black Pure interior.

Power frunk. I rarely use the frunk since I have the spare tire in there.
My favorite interior is Santa Cruz, but keeping it clean might stress me out too much. Mohave is a close second.

I completely forgot about a spare tire. I've seen the frunk in person, but I still can't believe that it's that big.
Good point about a used GT for not much more. A used Dream Edition sold for 111k recently too. Something to consider @lisha if a used GT route would be better
Ooh good thing I delayed my order for 3 months. Now I have time to shop around. But I think I would prefer the Touring and Pure backseats.

Yeah cos where I live QMerit is taking about a month to install the charger...but its mostly cos I dont want there to be a time when the car is not charged and ready for me to drive ;) ...Im researching home chargers right now...avoiding the Lucid home charger ($1200) cos apparently it hasissues staying connected to Wi-Fi etc. and looking between ChargePoint and Juicebox...planning to keep my mobile charger inside the car..
Yo lucidtouringman has a pure as shown in his profile lol

QMerit was way too expensive so I found a reputable local electrician to hardwire my charger. That's the way to go in my opinion.

Back