The two features of DD Pro that are being talked about the most are often found in regular ADAS arrangements. My GV60 Performance has the 360 views, the parking distance, remote parking (sort of) and highway assist. It almost seems like Lucid has put them into Pro just to induce buyers to get the upgrade.
I’ve even got those things on my wife’s Sonata Hybrid, including the 360 view. But I’d be stunned if the non DDPro didn’t have the front & rear park assist cameras. For me that would be a deal breaker.
The two features of DD Pro that are being talked about the most are often found in regular ADAS arrangements. My GV60 Performance has the 360 views, the parking distance, remote parking (sort of) and highway assist. It almost seems like Lucid has put them into Pro just to induce buyers to get the upgrade.
Kinda agree with you here, I had the 360 view on my Audi q&, and never used it, but having the camera in the front and back is great for maneuvering in/out of spots or where you have to get close to objects. That being said I too do really like the blinker cameras!
My i4 has both the 360 & park assist view from the front and rear cameras as you creep towards an obstacle while parking. I’m assuming you get the latter if you don’t order DDPro?
Actually the i4 does have a version of that 360. Using a control panel you can maneuver the camera around the car from all different angles. To be honest, I never use it and use the front and rear cameras for parking. The 360 is useful to me only to see that I'm square within the lines of a parking spot, but I can live without it and it's not worth the difference to me.
Quick question, checking out Bears workshop video, he mentions his Pure that is on order without SSP. He said that since he does not have SSP, his advisor said delivery in Q3. Does that seem correct?
Quick question, checking out Bears workshop video, he mentions his Pure that is on order without SSP. He said that since he does not have SSP, his advisor said delivery in Q3. Does that seem correct?
It's so hard to know with Pure. They have a LOT more reservations for Pure than any other trim. So it really depends on the order in which they decide to produce.
My best guess is they will be finished with the backlog of Touring before mid-year. So the bulk of what they build in 2023 will be Pure. Although, they do seem to be taking European orders now, so they may fill some of those GT and Touring orders early next year, too.
Pures with DDPro and SSPro will likely take priority over those without, for sure. But how many of those they need to build is an open question. I'd say Q3 is not a bad guess. If they reserved early.
I do not expect Lucid to have caught up to all Pure orders by the end of 2023.
Quick question, checking out Bears workshop video, he mentions his Pure that is on order without SSP. He said that since he does not have SSP, his advisor said delivery in Q3. Does that seem correct?
Nothing would surprise me. I said in another post I wasn’t expecting anything (Pure RWD) until summer/fall. They’re in no rush to push out the lower margin Lucids.
I was at the Studio in Manhasset, NY and he told me the bulk of their orders are for Pures. I heard the same story at the Studio in the meat packing district in Manhattan.
He said my 1/2021 reservation is one of the earliest in their system. However that’s pretty meaningless given how Lucid is proceeding with the releases. Even among the Pures, I’m sure the RWD will be the last out. Since it now looks like the entire NY area won’t even have a Service Center until the middle of next year, the timing is fine.
After reading countless threads, I wouldn’t be comfortable if there isn’t a service facility for hundreds of miles.
Heated rear seats, powered frunk, soft close doors, how is the leather quality? How was the fabric? Also a particular question, are the seatbacks made of plastic, or purluxe?
I am also curious what to expect for Pure delivery timeframe. My order is ZR with all options except DDP. I am guessing mid to late first quarter. We know first deliveries are FB with all options. I would guess this would be followed by other colors with all the options and then cars without DDP. If there is only a 15% take rate on DDP and a lot of pure reservations are for rear wheel drive then the other options may come up pretty fast. I would guess there are very few new orders for the higher trim models at least in the US.