Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

Lucid Pure
Reservation Date: 2/27/2022
Confirmation Date:
Exterior Color: ZENITH RED
Options: Standard (No options)

Reactions: Joe
So I assume that no one got the VIN on Pure yet.

those who have ordered 19", was it only range that made you choose 19" over 20"? it seems like I'm the only one as of right now that ordered 20"... thinking I should just downgrade to 19" instead.

those who have ordered 19", was it only range that made you choose 19" over 20"? it seems like I'm the only one as of right now that ordered 20"... thinking I should just downgrade to 19" instead.
Other than range, I believe some are preferring the 19" because they come with all season tires vs the 20" summer tires. some people live in areas that has seasons

Now that I compare these side by side... I think 19" looks better than 20" LOL

Attachments

• 19 inches.png
    19 inches.png
    562.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 20 inches.png
    20 inches.png
    322.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: pdq
I got the 20”s I think they look a million times better, I’m not worried about the range drop, I work from home hardly drove anywhere around the city, occasionally in the summer we’ll go to the lake but that battery will be more than enough for that if I ever get it in my driveway!

Any scuttlebutt on when they will start production run of the Air Pure?
Just came back from Lucid studio.
-- Very impressive driving dynamics. Ride quality is surprisingly great with the Semi-active Bilstein shocks. Tackles corners like a sports car.
-- Lots of space. Since this was an AGT, the backseat footwell space was not comfy for me being 6'2" but Pure and Touring will have 3" deeper space.
-- Interior quality is pretty good, can be better.
-- The turn signals activate side cameras in the dash but they're totally blocked by the steering wheel.
-A Pillar is significantly big and blocks driver side view, something I noticed immediately after stepping into the car. To support Glass canopy roof maybe? I wonder the cost associated to replace it for a crack in windshield.

Few disappointments:
-Standard Dreamdrive doesn't come with Auto-steer which is standard in Tesla (Autopilot) and Rivian (Driver+).
-3D surround view is quite amazing but comes only with DDPro, wish it was a standalone option.

19's for range and ride quality! 20 and 21's will reduce the range by around 40 miles as per Lucid rep and the ride will be more sportier means rough. For 19's, It seems wheel center caps will be shortly available on Lucid store to snap out those black plastic wheel covers for better looks, may affect range by a very small margin.

Reactions: pdq
Just came back from Lucid studio.
-- Very impressive driving dynamics. Ride quality is surprisingly great with the Semi-active Bilstein shocks. Tackles corners like a sports car.
-- Lots of space. Since this was an AGT, the backseat footwell space was not comfy for me being 6'2" but Pure and Touring will have 3" deeper space.
-- Interior quality is pretty good, can be better.
-- The turn signals activate side cameras in the dash but they're totally blocked by the steering wheel.
-A Pillar is significantly big and blocks driver side view, something I noticed immediately after stepping into the car. To support Glass canopy roof maybe? I wonder the cost associated to replace it for a crack in windshield.

Few disappointments:
-Standard Dreamdrive doesn't come with Auto-steer which is standard in Tesla (Autopilot) and Rivian (Driver+).
-3D surround view is quite amazing but comes only with DDPro, wish it was a standalone option.

19's for range and ride quality! 20 and 21's will reduce the range by around 40 miles as per Lucid rep and the ride will be more sportier means rough. For 19's, It seems wheel center caps will be shortly available on Lucid store to snap out those black plastic wheel covers for better looks, may affect range by a very small margin.
oh... both 20" and 21" ranges are similar? maybe the rep is right since the width of the rear wheels is the same for both 20" and 21" And 21" ride would be rougher than 20" since the sidewalls are thinner on 21"

Thanks for the info!

oh... both 20" and 21" ranges are similar? maybe the rep is right since the width of the rear wheels is the same for both 20" and 21" And 21" ride would be rougher than 20" since the sidewalls are thinner on 21"

Thanks for the info!
He was generalizing 20" and 21" to be less efficient than 19's, loosing 40 miles! I didn't specifically ask him the range difference between 20" and 21". About ride quality, someone here needs to weigh in on 21" compared to 19" on Lucid shocks. Lucid Pure "AWD option" will have the same Bilstein shocks assembly as higher versions, that means RWD version will sit on something cheaper.

Just curious as to what the replacement cost for the industry’s longest wrap-around tail light is. Saw an astronomical figure for an older Cadillac model with the tall tail lights on either side of the hatch.

ya I was shocked bc my bmw 650 was about the same, but it had the heads up display built in.
I had pretty bad experiences with my Panamera, actually 3 glass replacements within 18 months. Not sure if it’s the angle of the glass or pure bad luck bcos my other cars were fine on same routes. So big glasses always kinda reminds me of replacement costs :)

Please add mine to tracker:

Reservation Date Oct 23, 2021.
Confirmed August 11, 2022.
AWD w/ 19 inch wheels
Fathom Blue w/ Mojave & Alcantara
DDPro
SSPro
Order finalized on Nov 22, 2022
State: CA
Did you get a call for a Dec 17 event? It's been canceled though but we are curious how many got invited

Is Lucid your 650 replacement?
Kinda! I had a 650, then got an Audi SQ8, but I got rear ended, in the first 2 months having it, and it was a huge mess so I dumped it. Stupidly, when Lucid said they would start producing cars in Nov 2021, (I had no idea) I HAD NO IDEA it would take this long to get to production. I honestly thought it would be about 6-8 months...Ya, I new they would start with the higher end first and work down, but I thought it would be much more seamless on a car that literally has the same body style/frame for all four models. Hence the nightmare this has become, because now I'm about to be 2 years in without a car. Well, technically my wife has a 2014 Honda Pilot, but hopefully everyone here can see that's not really in the ballpark ;)

Back