Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Pure

From a business standpoint, I understand the trims and revenues needed to survive initially but out of all the options, one that disturbs me most is the downgrade to 700V charging system in Touring and Pure models. Why?
The voltage of the battery system depends on the number of battery cells. This is because of the particular chemistry of the underlying redox reactions. On the lower trims there are fewer cells, and therefore fewer volts.

Lucid already did offer new features that in my opinion would upset legacy owners, if I was one of the people who took delivery on a $150k car and then they offered the stealth package after that; I would be livid!!!

As far as the debate about the cameras, I agree they should just include them and offer the ability to turn them on if customer s are willing to pay, my Audi q8 had the same infrastructure so it’s not like this is some brand new tech that warrants a $10k tag imo

No VIN for me yet. DA said earliest would be this week but more likely 2 weeks timeframe. Only fully loaded blue Pures will be delivered. Best to contact them but Im guessing going for the blue Pure by end of year will be difficult for those who hasnt finalized at this point

New price will more than eat up the EV credit also and youre throwing away the possibility of confirmed reservations pre-new ev bill qualifying for 7500.
Hey dude,

Have you heard anything back from your DA? I'm trying to contact my DA as well, but no answer back yet. I would even travel to AZ if I have to receive the car. Then, they can take time to deliver to the nearest delivery studio :)

Hey dude,

Have you heard anything back from your DA? I'm trying to contact my DA as well, but no answer back yet. I would even travel to AZ if I have to receive the car. Then, they can take time to deliver to the nearest delivery studio :)
I did on Thursday. No VIN and no delivery estimate. I suggested doing that before the now postponed factory event. They said they don't allow delivery acceptance at the factory. The event was suppose to be the exception. Hmmmm I will ask again mid next week if I still don't have the VIN

My DA has gone into the dark zone as well after initial contact. Giving him the benefit of the doubt as I am not sure how many customers each one handles, and he is being transferred to Goose Island for the month of Dec, so maybe he is in transition. Sorry to hear about the factory event being postponed. Even if I weren’t invited I saw it as a sign they would be pushing the Pure out the door fairly quickly. Like many, I ordered the first run configuration and have offered to fly wherever at my expense for a 2022 delivery. Hoping for the best but not counting on it financially.

It would be interesting to track the DA names along with the configurations to see if there is disparate information being given out between them…

Hi Joe,

Could you please add my lucid air pure order details to the tracker. Thanks.
Reservation Date March 5, 2021.
Confirmed August 11, 2022.
AWD w/ 19 inch wheels
Fathom Blue w/ Mojave & Alcantara
DDPro
SSPro
Order finalized on Nov 22, 2022
State: FL

Reactions: Joe
Joe, did you cancel my order? I’m no longer on the list. Was it something I said lol?

This is the Pure delivery tracker. You are listed in the Touring delivery tracker.

Yesterday, my local Lucid rep told me that first pure orders delivered will be fully loaded one's and that my config won't be delivered before May. The only option I didn't chose that could delay my delivery is DDPro.

Yesterday, my local Lucid rep told me that first pure orders delivered will be fully loaded one's and that my config won't be delivered before May. The only option I didn't chose that could delay my delivery is DDPro.
It doesn’t make sense, since your : Order Finalized: Nov 27, 2022, and they asked for drivers license ect….
maybe he meant to say January 2023.

It doesn’t make sense, since your : Order Finalized: Nov 27, 2022, and they asked for drivers license ect….
I think the DA’s didn’t have clear picture on proper delivery schedule for past week or two! My guy got back to me after 3 days of follow up. He’s always prompt to my queries.

I think it makes sense. They won't produce non DDP until DDP Pures production is done.

I think it makes sense. They won't produce non DDP until DDP Pures production is done.
It really depends on how many people go for DDPro on the Pure. But I could see it stretching out to May.

They'd still want you to finalize (lock in your deposit) and get your info settled ASAP, regardless of when they plan to deliver.

May makes $10k seem worth it doesn't it…that’s how they got me. I didn’t want DDP at all, but since this has been dragged out so long I’ll do it, but if I don’t get a VIN assigned in December I’m going to pull my rsvp and just get a BMW 8 series. i have my call with my newly assigned DA tomorrow so we will see

Please add mine to tracker:

Reservation Date Oct 23, 2021.
Confirmed August 11, 2022.
AWD w/ 19 inch wheels
Fathom Blue w/ Mojave & Alcantara
DDPro
SSPro
Order finalized on Nov 22, 2022
State: CA

Reactions: Joe
Technically speaking though, their early cars probably did have everything they needed at the time if a primitive FSD were to work then, i.e. cameras, sensors, radars, robust CPU at the time.
But they didn’t, and that is the whole point; the CPU, it turned out, wasn’t fast enough for it, and so those owners got screwed by paying for something that never came to fruition due to the hardware on the car.

But they didn’t, and that is the whole point; the CPU, it turned out, wasn’t fast enough for it, and so those owners got screwed by paying for something that never came to fruition due to the hardware on the car.
Tesla made those cars whole by scheduling upgrades for free on the CPU’s that were obsolete…

Ask the early Model S owners who weren’t granted free cpu upgrades when it turned out their processors weren’t powerful enough.
Tesla made those cars whole by scheduling upgrades for free on the CPU’s that were obsolete…
Not for free; charging more money for a feature you already pre-charged for that you said would work seems inadvisable.

Back