Nice Review

I just saw it today as well, independent of your comment. It is interesting. And at least we can see some of the changes that will be in (apparently from the video) 2.07. I'm glad Lucid is improving its software. Still no CarPlay, though, which concerns me. However, I will withhold judgment until I can try it out.

I just saw it today as well, independent of your comment. It is interesting. And at least we can see some of the changes that will be in (apparently from the video) 2.07. I'm glad Lucid is improving its software. Still no CarPlay, though, which concerns me. However, I will withhold judgment until I can try it out.
I heard CarPlay is already there, but it's pending Apple's approval.

I personally don’t like to have CarPlay in Lucid cars. I prefer the company develops their software over time than just depend on the CarPlay functionality.

I personally don’t like to have CarPlay in Lucid cars. I prefer the company develops their software over time than just depend on the CarPlay functionality.
They won’t depend on CarPlay. Too many folks don’t have an iPhone. But offering it and making it a really good implementation is a really smart way to differentiate themselves from Tesla. So it’s a bit of a no-brainer to have it. Same goes for Android Auto.

I doubt I would use CarPlay all the time, and I’m the biggest Apple fan boy there is. I like the UI Lucid has designed. Likely I’d want CarPlay for maps, which I actually prefer over Google, and music. Neither of which I use every time I drive my car. And the few third party CarPlay apps I’d want occasionally. Like Castro for podcasts.

Oh yeah! Please give me hands free SMS messaging in Apple CarPlay, one thing Tesla and Rivian owners would have lucid dream about.

You sure about Rivian? And Tesla owner friends gave me different answers.
You can definitely do it in a Tesla. You have to turn the function on in the Bluetooth settings for your phone. I'm not sure if you can just click the wheel button and say "Text Tesla2.0". But you can see messages as they come in, have them read to you, and respond via voice.

There's no interface for seeing your entire list of existing threads, or anything, though. So not as powerful as CarPlay. But nice to have.

I mean, you can do handsfree texting with Alexa today in the Lucid.

Holy cow! I just tried again! It is working with Alexa! FIRST TIME!!!

Somehow AGT forced me to re-login with PIN #, I didn’t remember. After few tries and failed, i found one code worked, and then Alexa gave me instruction to link it to send SMS. Very stoked first time see it working. Might be 2.0 thing.

Holy cow! I just tried again! It is working with Alexa! FIRST TIME!!!

Somehow AGT forced me to re-login with PIN #, I didn’t remember. After few tries and failed, i found one code worked, and then Alexa gave me instruction to link it to send SMS. Very stoked first time see it working. Might be 2.0 thing.
Yeah, it works on 2.0.

CarPlay is so refined that there is no way Lucid, or anyone else, could catch up.

CarPlay is so refined that there is no way Lucid, or anyone else, could catch up.
I personally find the Tidal and Spotify app to be painful to use on Android Auto. We have Pixels, so our experience with CarPlay is non-existent.

I'm personally hoping Lucid's system can be the main system with enough refinement.

Honestly I prefer the Lucid UI to CarPlay, less icons scrolling and less cartoony looking. BUT what I do miss is SIRI is more responsive in CarPlay (it works over Bluetooth in the Lucid but is more cumbersome) and what I REALLY miss is the ability to like Tidal tracks. In fact I’m going to make a feature request to Lucid as there’s some other problems to the Tidal interface that make it wonky but it could be sooooo much better than CarPlay interface if they just implemented a few things.

Honestly I prefer the Lucid UI to CarPlay, less icons scrolling and less cartoony looking. BUT what I do miss is SIRI is more responsive in CarPlay (it works over Bluetooth in the Lucid but is more cumbersome) and what I REALLY miss is the ability to like Tidal tracks. In fact I’m going to make a feature request to Lucid as there’s some other problems to the Tidal interface that make it wonky but it could be sooooo much better than CarPlay interface if they just implemented a few things.
Same here, desperately need the like button.

Back