Nice Review

CarPlay is so refined that there is no way Lucid, or anyone else, could catch up.
Certainly not with that attitude. :) CarPlay, by its very nature, is going to be less refined than a real custom-designed UX for a car, since CarPlay tries to be “all things for all vehicles,” and is thus limited in that nature. I actually prefer Lucid’s UX on 2.0 now that it works without issues. I prefer CarPlay on some vehicles, though, where they have spent a lot less time focused on UX.

In my view Alexa is not a very good app. It never really has been.
It is vastly improved in 2.0, and actually works.

Certainly not with that attitude. :) CarPlay, by its very nature, is going to be less refined than a real custom-designed UX for a car, since CarPlay tries to be “all things for all vehicles,” and is thus limited in that nature. I actually prefer Lucid’s UX on 2.0 now that it works without issues. I prefer CarPlay on some vehicles, though, where they have spent a lot less time focused on UX.

It is vastly improved in 2.0, and actually works.
I understand what you say, but while I don't know about Android, CarPlay offers a great deal more than Lucid ever will, at least to Apple users. I can't speak for Android users.

From my personal experience, CarPlay integrates with Apple's calendar so when you make a change to the calendar on a Mac or iOS device, it sync's up. But it also anticipates. For example, if you put a meeting into your iDevice, and later get into the car, CarPlay can make assumptions based on your calendar and ask you if you would like to travel to where your calendar indicates, and then gives you current traffic conditions. And the GPS in CarPlay is crazy accurate and knows about such things as stop signs, traffic lights, accidents, slow traffic, closed roads, speed traps, red light cameras, etc. It also lets users reports traffic, the police, accidents, etc., like Waze does. And it is also far more user friendly than any other NAV system I have ever seen, even to the point of telling you with easy language to "turn right at the third stop light", "the parking lot on the right after the McDonald's," etc., instead of cryptic statements like "three quarters of a mile; 500 feet, etc."

And it offers a far better music app than anything Lucid offers. And it also works with Waze, Google Maps, etc. It also learns your daily commute, etc. And it replaces the mediocre telephone app in the Lucid. And you can send and receive messages, with CarPlay reading them to you and allowing you to dictate messages. It allows you to see your entire calendar as well, which includes stuff from your iPhone, computer, etc. CarPlay also tells users the location of charging stations, has stop overs, time saving detours, and more. It also reads the latest news from a ton of news sources. And it works with Sirius radio. Finally, the next generation CarPlay will pretty much replace all most of the functions currently on the Lucid dash.

I purchased my Lucid relying on Lucid's claim that the Lucid is CarPlay compatible. If Lucid were to drop CarPlay, I would sell the Lucid and buy from a company that included CarPlay (which is nearly everyone else).

Lucid has repeatedly said CarPlay is right around the corner, and even promises it in it documentation, so I am not concerned. But I just wish they would get on with it.

From my personal experience, CarPlay integrates with Apple's calendar so when you make a change to the calendar on a Mac or iOS device, it sync's up. But it also anticipates. For example, if you put a meeting into your iDevice, and later get into the car, CarPlay can make assumptions based on your calendar and ask you if you would like to travel to where your calendar indicates, and then gives you current traffic conditions.
Alexa integrates with your calendar too, and can also add events, etc.

And the GPS in CarPlay is crazy accurate and knows about such things as stop signs, traffic lights, accidents, slow traffic, closed roads, speed traps, red light cameras, etc. It also lets users reports traffic, the police, accidents, etc., like Waze does. And it is also far more user friendly than any other NAV system I have ever seen, even to the point of telling you with easy language to "turn right at the third stop light", "the parking lot on the right after the McDonald's," etc., instead of cryptic statements like "three quarters of a mile; 500 feet, etc."
Personal preference, I suppose. I find Lucid’s nav in 2.0 fantastic, and it’s getting way better with time.

And it offers a far better music app than anything Lucid offers.
I prefer Tidal to Apple Music. But again, preference.

And it also works with Waze, Google Maps, etc. It also learns your daily commute, etc. And it replaces the mediocre telephone app in the Lucid. And you can send and receive messages, with CarPlay reading them to you and allowing you to dictate messages.
You can do this in 2.0 as well.

It allows you to see your entire calendar as well, which includes stuff from your iPhone, computer, etc.
Same today in 2.0. Just ask Alexa for your agendas or what your next meeting is, etc, and it will pop it up.

CarPlay also tells users the location of charging stations, has stop overs, time saving detours, and more. It also reads the latest news from a ton of news sources. And it works with Sirius radio. Finally, the next generation CarPlay will pretty much replace all most of the functions currently on the Lucid dash.

Alexa can do all this as well.

I purchased my Lucid relying on Lucid's claim that the Lucid is CarPlay compatible. If Lucid were to drop CarPlay, I would sell the Lucid and buy from a company that included CarPlay (which is nearly everyone else).

Lucid has repeatedly said CarPlay is right around the corner, and even promises it in it documentation, so I am not concerned. But I just wish they would get on with it.

To be clear: I am all for CarPlay as an option, and will most likely use it often! I was simply responding to the idea that it is not in Apple’s court (which it is) and that the current UX in 2.0 sucks (which it doesn’t).

I like Lucid native system for its style and consistency to the car.

My wife is Waze user, I’m not. Waze has too much details for traffic and navigation.

Lucid will have CarPlay and AndroidAuto. When it does, dozens of new mobile apps will be usable on Lucid more than Rivian and Tesla. But I still like Lucid to have native streaming app like HBOMax or Netflix.

Having CarPlay and AndroidAuto basically creates buffer for impatient users who wants more while Lucid can leisurely deploy new apps to native system.

I understand what you say, but while I don't know about Android, CarPlay offers a great deal more than Lucid ever will, at least to Apple users. I can't speak for Android users.

From my personal experience, CarPlay integrates with Apple's calendar so when you make a change to the calendar on a Mac or iOS device, it sync's up. But it also anticipates. For example, if you put a meeting into your iDevice, and later get into the car, CarPlay can make assumptions based on your calendar and ask you if you would like to travel to where your calendar indicates, and then gives you current traffic conditions. And the GPS in CarPlay is crazy accurate and knows about such things as stop signs, traffic lights, accidents, slow traffic, closed roads, speed traps, red light cameras, etc. It also lets users reports traffic, the police, accidents, etc., like Waze does. And it is also far more user friendly than any other NAV system I have ever seen, even to the point of telling you with easy language to "turn right at the third stop light", "the parking lot on the right after the McDonald's," etc., instead of cryptic statements like "three quarters of a mile; 500 feet, etc."

And it offers a far better music app than anything Lucid offers. And it also works with Waze, Google Maps, etc. It also learns your daily commute, etc. And it replaces the mediocre telephone app in the Lucid. And you can send and receive messages, with CarPlay reading them to you and allowing you to dictate messages. It allows you to see your entire calendar as well, which includes stuff from your iPhone, computer, etc. CarPlay also tells users the location of charging stations, has stop overs, time saving detours, and more. It also reads the latest news from a ton of news sources. And it works with Sirius radio. Finally, the next generation CarPlay will pretty much replace all most of the functions currently on the Lucid dash.

I like CarPlay, but only where it belongs - in an AVIS Rent-a-Car. Never in my Lucid.

Holy cow! I just tried again! It is working with Alexa! FIRST TIME!!!

Somehow AGT forced me to re-login with PIN #, I didn’t remember. After few tries and failed, i found one code worked, and then Alexa gave me instruction to link it to send SMS. Very stoked first time see it working. Might be 2.0 thing.
You'll be forced to use your PIN whenever you unlock the car with your key card or mobile app

Love CarPlay and big reason I ordered the Lucid. Biggest downfall of my Model S is the UI media interface and no CarPlay. Tesla media interface is the worst of any modern day car I have owned. I use Waze, Apple Music and SiriusXM, so with CarPlay, I can get all three of those, especially since Lucid does not have Sirius and it is a familiar interface.

CarPlay will only get better too, since Apple announced the updated CarPlay in June. CarPlay just makes it simple for me and what I use. I understand everyone is different though. 🙂

Although it JUST rolled out in our polestar, I already find myself using CarPlay over android auto. It’s not even that I like it better on its own, but the simple nuances of having podcasts or songs pick up where you left off, as you go from car to headphones, and back, etc.

Sure, you could accomplish that with Bluetooth, but an all-in-one interface just feels more complete.

Alexa integrates with your calendar too, and can also add events, etc.

Personal preference, I suppose. I find Lucid’s nav in 2.0 fantastic, and it’s getting way better with time.

I prefer Tidal to Apple Music. But again, preference.

You can do this in 2.0 as well.

Same today in 2.0. Just ask Alexa for your agendas or what your next meeting is, etc, and it will pop it up.

CarPlay also tells users the location of charging stations, has stop overs, time saving detours, and more. It also reads the latest news from a ton of news sources. And it works with Sirius radio. Finally, the next generation CarPlay will pretty much replace all most of the functions currently on the Lucid dash.

Alexa can do all this as well.

To be clear: I am all for CarPlay as an option, and will most likely use it often! I was simply responding to the idea that it is not in Apple’s court (which it is) and that the current UX in 2.0 sucks (which it doesn’t).
For the sake of privacy can Alexa be disabled?

Back