Concerns for Gravity

If you end up with an M3 over the Lucid kiddo, your days in this group are limited! Just joking (sort of) haha!
Lol, for our family car we are likely getting the Air by the end of the year. I would love an Air as my first car and could theoratically stretch my college leftover funds and investments to afford a pure, but I'd rather lessen my chances of debt and generally just save more investment money. Therefore, I have to wait for the midsize Lucid, and that doesnt come by the time I am 18, a model 3 is the only other fast ev sedan option(ioniq 6 is slow)!

B
Lol, for our family car we are likely getting the Air by the end of the year. I would love an Air as my first car and could theoratically stretch my college leftover funds and investments to afford one, but I'd rather lessen my chances of debt. Therefore, I have to wait for the midsize Lucid, and if not a model 3 is the only other fast ev sedan option(ioniq 6 is slow)..

Dude, my first car was a Dodge Omni and I thought I was a frickin stud.

Lol, for our family car we are likely getting the Air by the end of the year. I would love an Air as my first car and could theoratically stretch my college leftover funds and investments to afford a pure, but I'd rather lessen my chances of debt and generally just save more investment money. Therefore, I have to wait for the midsize Lucid, and that doesnt come by the time I am 18, a model 3 is the only other fast ev sedan option(ioniq 6 is slow)!
A lot can change in 4-8 years depending on when you finish college. Don't jump the gun and evaluate your options in the future =)

I was really nervous about the SUV, I was terrified it was going to look like a minivan! But was very pleased with at least what pics I saw from the LA auto show. That being said, I agree with @hydbob people will always complain about everything, but we will just have to see how it sells, which I hope is very positive!

I was really nervous about the SUV, I was terrified it was going to look like a minivan! But was very pleased with at least what pics I saw from the LA auto show. That being said, I agree with @hydbob people will always complain about everything, but we will just have to see how it sells, which I hope is very positive!
The shape does look like a minivan actually(as you can see in the test mules), but Lucid has cleverly used black elements to slim it down and give it more of a suv look. SUV looks, minivan practicality!

The shape does look like a minivan actually(as you can see in the test mules), but Lucid has cleverly used black elements to slim it down and give it more of a suv look. SUV looks, minivan practicality!
Initially I thought it looks like a mini van as well. Until I saw it in person at the LA Auto Show. Lucid did a nice job design the Gravity. You need to the Gravity in person.

Initially I thought it looks like a mini van as well. Until I saw it in person at the LA Auto Show. Lucid did a nice job design the Gravity. You need to the Gravity in person.
Yeah, I'll be honest, the pics don't do it justice. That thing is hot

Steve Jobbs made Apple engineers and design team redesign the iphone. Initially, it came with a raised bevel. He changed the direction to introduce it with a flat bevel. This required significant internal modifications, changing antenna location etc and delays.

Lucid too went back to the drawing board. Instead of basing the Gravity on the AIr platform, they created a completely new platform. A significant redesign to create the best product possible.

Similarities in how both these companies want to make the best product is uncanny. Some people say Tesla = Apple, I disagree. Tesla will release a clumsy interface with bad quality. Apple and Lucid don't seem to want to do that. Lucid will at least make sure any quality issues are addressed, no questions asked.

Guess that is why Peter had an apple on his desk during those initial tech presentatons, following Steve Jobs philosphy.

Thank you Peter for these amazing products!

My only concern for the Gravity is having a CCS port instead of a NACS. We have an intent to buy a Gravity to be next to our Lucid, but will probably now hold off until it has a NACS port.

My only concern for the Gravity is having a CCS port instead of a NACS. We have an intent to buy a Gravity to be next to our Lucid, but will probably now hold off until it has a NACS port.
I genuinely don’t understand why. It will have an adapter, obviously, so you can charge with NACS. The other charging companies aren’t suddenly replacing all their cables, so you’ll be driving around with a NACS port for a while for which you need… an adapter.

Moreover, you’d need an adapter for literally any non-Tesla Level 2 charger that is already installed, of which there are very very many, and companies aren’t going to be keen to suddenly replace all their chargers.

So if you’re going to need to have adapters either way because of this fiasco, I really don’t understand what the difference is as to which side is which.

🤷‍♂️

Waiting form NACS is not necessary- adaptors

Also keep in mind NEVI came out right before Ford and others jumped on the NACS bandwagon. That means all new DCFC stations in the next few years will have at least some support for CCS1. Even Tesla's. Others may also start to support NACS, but that won't happen overnight. Because of NEVI and because Tesla is behind on 1000V chargers, Tesla Superchargers may actually be matched or even overtaken in the next few years by the numbers from other companies like Ionna. The US is just going to have both for a while. Everybody is going to have an adapter. Doesn't really matter which way you go for the next 5-ish years at the very least.

When I was at the factory tour last month, they told us that the Gravity, being a 2025 model, will have a NACS port as will the 2025 Air. This is consistent with Lucid’s announcement. The NACS port was a forgone conclusion. The ‘biggest’ pressing issue regarding the port was whether the charging door was to be manual or powered. It’s currently manual.

Back