New HV Battery

They are not providing you with a loaner? I had a GT with 20" wheels to drive for two weeks while my 19" GT was in for the HV battery replacement last Fall. Turning in/receiving my car back from Natick was seamless, but I missed my 19" wheels on crappy New England roads.
I'll be getting an Enterprise rental, but that's because they flatbed towed my car so I wouldn't have to drive the 3+ hours each way to Beverly Hills and back. I'm also out of town now while they're working on it, so I'm ok with the short term rental once I return, even if that means driving a Chevy Malibu or similar (🤮).
They said there was a battery technology upgrade that was significant enough that they decided to replace HV batteries for all vehicles manufactured prior to the upgrade.
When I inquired about seeing the battery replacement on my DocuSign, I was told there was a new Service Campaign and that my VIN pinged under it to get the battery replaced. 4/22 manufacture date with 6/22 delivery.

They are not providing you with a loaner? I had a GT with 20" wheels to drive for two weeks while my 19" GT was in for the HV battery replacement last Fall. Turning in/receiving my car back from Natick was seamless, but I missed my 19" wheels on crappy New England roads.

They offered me a rental from Enterprise, but I declined, as I have an extra vehicle to drive.
Glad your experience was seamless. I will definitely be missing the car when it’s in Seattle.

Well - I can say it’s not limited to GT/dream and not just for older build dates, I just had my touring done and my build date is 12/22. No charging issues to speak of beforehand, quite happy to get an ‘upgraded’ battery!

I'll be getting an Enterprise rental, but that's because they flatbed towed my car so I wouldn't have to drive the 3+ hours each way to Beverly Hills and back. I'm also out of town now while they're working on it, so I'm ok with the short term rental once I return, even if that means driving a Chevy Malibu or similar (🤮).

When I inquired about seeing the battery replacement on my DocuSign, I was told there was a new Service Campaign and that my VIN pinged under it to get the battery replaced. 4/22 manufacture date with 6/22 delivery.
Remember, Enterprise does have about 50 Lucids in their fleet now. Not sure if your location will have one, but you may end up with something sligthly better than that Malibu.

Remember, Enterprise does have about 50 Lucids in their fleet now. Not sure if your location will have one, but you may end up with something sligthly better than that Malibu.
There are no EVs in any of my local Enterprises - I looked online to book just to see and no EV options were available. The closest Enterprise to me is small and people around me aren't exactly known for high end vehicles, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if what I get is anything nicer than said Malibu.

There are no EVs in any of my local Enterprises - I looked online to book just to see and no EV options were available. The closest Enterprise to me is small and people around me aren't exactly known for high end vehicles, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if what I get is anything nicer than said Malibu.
I doubt you will be driving a Malibu, since they have been out of production for a while now (rental companies tend to keep their cars somewhat new). Maybe a Honda Accord or something like that?

I doubt you will be driving a Malibu, since they have been out of production for a while now (rental companies tend to keep their cars somewhat new). Maybe a Honda Accord or something like that?
Straight from their website...
SmartSelect_20240523_104102_Chrome.jpg

Straight from their website...
View attachment 20881
Okay, I'm dumb. I thought you meant the Impala (which was discontinued in 2020... all these chevy sedan names sound the same)! The Malibu is getting discontinued, but that was relatively recent. However, considering it's in the same category as an Accord/Sonata/etc, I do still think there's a chance you can get those cars.

My condolences in advance for your car...

Okay, I'm dumb. I thought you meant the Impala (which was discontinued in 2020... all these chevy sedan names sound the same)! The Malibu is getting discontinued, but that was relatively recent. However, considering it's in the same category as an Accord/Sonata/etc, I do still think there's a chance you can get those cars.

My condolences in advance for your car...
On the bright side, I got a call from my local Enterprise and they're going to make sure I get a 'luxury' vehicle when I pick it up next week. So that's good 👍🏻

Add me to the list for battery replacement. Scheduled my car for a 2 year maintenance appointment and they told me they would be replacing the battery. About 28,000 miles. Air GT.

To me, how a company responds to a problem is at least as important as the problem itself. IMHO Lucid has been terrific in how it has handled these battery issues. Proactive and providing a quality loaner. I don't know how anyone could ask for more.
I'm with ya. No complaints from me.

Got my Enterprise rental today: a 2023 Audi A6. It's not an Air, but it definitely beats a Malibu 😂
Hey, that's pretty good (I've always liked the design of the A6 compared to its more.. unfortunate competitors)! Given that this is technically in the same category as the Lucid (and the Air has an Audi-like ride), I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two.

Hey, that's pretty good (I've always liked the design of the A6 compared to its more.. unfortunate competitors)! Given that this is technically in the same category as the Lucid (and the Air has an Audi-like ride), I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on the differences between the two.
Well, as soon as I connected my phone, wireless Android Auto worked immediately. So there's that big advantage to Audi. I doubt I'm going to do much more than commute over the next few days to week, so I won't have any great comparisons regarding the drive and handling most likely. The interior storage space up front is sorely lacking in the A6 though...

I haven't checked the forum in a while. My car is a GT bought in July 22. I am now having the battery replaced for THE 2ND TIME. I had it replaced about 6 weeks after I bought it back in Summer 22 when it failed on the highway. 2 weeks ago I got the orange triangle stating drive fault and it wouldn't go away. I called customer service and they said it needs to go in. (no one called or notified me about battery issues so I don't have the level of customer service others on the forum seem to be lucky to have). It has been in Houston for 2 weeks. Apparently it will be coming back this weekend/next week. I currently have nearly 40,000 miles on the car.

ALSO.... I had the front electric motor replaced last year after a long and protracted saga with a noise in the car.

So.... not loving the quality of Lucid's product. I am just waiting for the rear motor to need replacement and then I can say the entire drivetrain of the car will have been exchanged.

The positives seem to be that they have now gotten rid of the glass roof for the new iteration and the price has dropped by 25k so maybe they can keep improving the car more. It can be pretty good but needs a lot of work.

I have seen some thread where people voted for things they want the car to have. My list is very engineering/mechanical based so I didn't contribute (i.e. low profile heavy weight capable jack and spare donut tire in the trunk that is from Lucid and not bought 3rd party, Japanese level of detail to human environment like how to fix the seatbelt catching on the seat, not having trigger handles because old people have trouble with that kind of finger strength [I'm not old but my parents are and they have trouble], etc...)

Seems like people here say after a new battery the car acts better. I will keep my fingers crossed. I get about 320 miles per charge on average. I drive fast, so that's not very good. Then again I got that with gas cars so it is about the same.

I haven't checked the forum in a while. My car is a GT bought in July 22. I am now having the battery replaced for THE 2ND TIME. I had it replaced about 6 weeks after I bought it back in Summer 22 when it failed on the highway. 2 weeks ago I got the orange triangle stating drive fault and it wouldn't go away. I called customer service and they said it needs to go in. (no one called or notified me about battery issues so I don't have the level of customer service others on the forum seem to be lucky to have). It has been in Houston for 2 weeks. Apparently it will be coming back this weekend/next week. I currently have nearly 40,000 miles on the car.

ALSO.... I had the front electric motor replaced last year after a long and protracted saga with a noise in the car.

So.... not loving the quality of Lucid's product. I am just waiting for the rear motor to need replacement and then I can say the entire drivetrain of the car will have been exchanged.

The positives seem to be that they have now gotten rid of the glass roof for the new iteration and the price has dropped by 25k so maybe they can keep improving the car more. It can be pretty good but needs a lot of work.

I have seen some thread where people voted for things they want the car to have. My list is very engineering/mechanical based so I didn't contribute (i.e. low profile heavy weight capable jack and spare donut tire in the trunk that is from Lucid and not bought 3rd party, Japanese level of detail to human environment like how to fix the seatbelt catching on the seat, not having trigger handles because old people have trouble with that kind of finger strength [I'm not old but my parents are and they have trouble], etc...)

Seems like people here say after a new battery the car acts better. I will keep my fingers crossed. I get about 320 miles per charge on average. I drive fast, so that's not very good. Then again I got that with gas cars so it is about the same.

I sincerely hope your experience improves after this battery replacement.

Back