• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

NACS Megathread

For those that have almost 25 min to spare, see the below video to see the process. I scanned it, and my major takeaway that it was VERY fast to handshake and start charging. No more EA dance to check and double check that charging is working! I'd honestly only every use this if I were roadtripping.

Great video loved it really shows us the potential for the future !!

Alex on Autos:
"Here's how Ford owners will charge at 2/3 of Tesla Superchargers. Starting today you can reserve your free adapter if you already own a Ford EV. (Link in comment section) Once you get your adapter you'll use the FORD app, *not the Tesla app* or the in-car nav system to locate and start charging. You can also just plug in and charge automatically if you have set up Plug N Charge on your Mach E or Lightning.

Why do you need to use the Ford app to find stations? Because only "upgraded" Superchargers are compatible. This would be the 250kW stations. The older 75 and 150 kW stations aren't supported. Ford says ~15,000 of the ~23,000 Superchargers are ready. That's more than I had expected.

What's not upgraded... the cable length at the Supercharger stations. There were some rumors swirling that the only compatible stations would be the "V4" stations with the longer cables. Nope. This means a Ford occupying two charging stalls is coming to a Tesla charging station near you!
🥳

If you're not sure if you need an adapter, order one anyway. You'll have to get your order in before June 30, 2024 top get a free one. After that (and for future Ford EV buyers) you'll need to pony up $230.

What about 3rd party adapters? We're not sure if they will work or not. There's no logic inside the adapter so I don't see that it would be a problem but we'll have to wait and see..."

I am hopping when lucid changed my battery and wunderbox that I also got some upgraded version that can handle past 50kw fingers crossed
Not a chance, sorry.

Alex on Autos:
"Which Tesla Superchargers can Ford use? About 2/3 of the stalls, but currently fewer than 1/3 the locations. On the left are the Superchargers that Ford owners (and others once their adapters are available) will be able to use vs the right side which are the Superchargers available to Tesla owners. *Grey stations are unopened planned stations that will likely support both.
This represents a massive increase in charging availability for Ford Lightning and Mach E owners, but it might not help your next road trip as Tesla has not upgraded many of the stations along major interstates for use with NACS adapters yet..."

1709258862375.png

They changed the battery this month you never know. Anyone else think they fixed the 50kw issue on my battery ???
I'm pretty sure I know!

The videos said 500a max for the charger adapter and then also commented they got 160KW. What kw max is usually 500a on 400v as well as 800v?

The videos said 500a max for the charger adapter and then also commented they got 160KW. What kw max is usually 500a on 400v as well as 800v?
500A at 400V is 200kW. The problem is that the Tesla network will only supply current up to about 500V which supports 400V batteries. So out Lucids have to boost the voltage to 920 to charge. There is virtually no chance that the boost circuit in your new Wunderbox was modified to provide anything but 50kW like the old Wunderbox did.

Can use a portion of Tesla's supercharging network.

Auto Buyer's Guide:
"Which Tesla Superchargers can Ford use? About 2/3 of the stalls, but currently fewer than 1/3 the locations. On the left are the Superchargers that Ford owners (and others once their adapters are available) will be able to use vs the right side which are the Superchargers available to Tesla owners. *Grey stations are unopened planned stations that will likely support both.
This represents a massive increase in charging availability for Ford Lightning and Mach E owners, but it might not help your next road trip as Tesla has not upgraded many of the stations along major interstates for use with NACS adapters yet."

1709315021204.png

I am hopping when lucid changed my battery and wunderbox that I also got some upgraded version that can handle past 50kw fingers crossed
I rather have 50kW than NOTHING. THANK YOU TESLA!

2025 Q1, I can travel entire Texas instead of stay close to interstates for CCS.

That’s from the Tesla app. Apparently, with the right adapter, it’ll work now. I don’t know if anybody has tried it yet, though.

I have tried Tesla with MagicDock, although slow, pretty impressive on a 24 dispensers station.

Glad I no longer have to listen to the same old sales pitch —— “You should buy a Tesla because of the charging network”.
F1F7334D-5FD2-4D8D-8937-EB9315BFC49C.jpeg
CBCD0FAF-3D66-4C81-A799-6195ABE6E078.png
9CA178B0-7585-4A71-BD46-EDE7810FBBF9.png
02C79DAA-F858-42C5-B1C3-9D6EA40833C3.png

They changed the battery this month you never know. Anyone else think they fixed the 50kw issue on my battery ???
The 50Kw issue is fixed with the V4 chargers when they're 1000v enabled plain and simple. There's probably valid reasoning why the 800v+ EV's are coming onto the SuperCharger network later than the 400v folks.

The 50Kw issue is fixed with the V4 chargers when they're 1000v enabled plain and simple. There's probably valid reasoning why the 800v+ EV's are coming onto the SuperCharger network later than the 400v folks.
Been a year and still not a single V4 supercharger worldwide...

Been a year and still not a single V4 supercharger worldwide...
Incorrect! V4 chargers are being deployed they're just not 1000v enabled yet. Hence why I said Hyundai. Lucid etc. jumping onboard in 2025 may be because Tesla will flick the switch on them this year sometime. The fact the hardware rolling out is a step in the right direction at least and we know they're 1000v capable.

Reactions: DBV
Incorrect! V4 chargers are being deployed they're just not 1000v enabled yet. Hence why I said Hyundai. Lucid etc. jumping onboard in 2025 may be because Tesla will flick the switch on them this year sometime. The fact the hardware rolling out is a step in the right direction at least and we know they're 1000v capable.
Actually, the 1000v being enabled needs a new hardware cabinet. The v4 chargers right now are using v3 power cabinets, limiting them to the same speed. This will therefore need a hardware change.

The stalls are V4, cabinets are all still V3 from what I've read. Could be wrong, but in Kyle's most recent video about charging on NACS with the Ford, he mentions the same thing. Don't believe it's as simple as flicking a switch when they haven't installed the proper cabinets yet.

Back