NACS Megathread

The 2025 thing I still find interesting. Is that just because Ford and the first few other companies chose 2025, or is Tesla promising them something by 2025 that we don't know about?

I want to believe the v4, high voltage rollout will be well on its way by then, but I have my doubts.

The 2025 thing I still find interesting. Is that just because Ford and the first few other companies chose 2025, or is Tesla promising them something by 2025 that we don't know about?

I want to believe the v4, high voltage rollout will be well on its way by then, but I have my doubts.
That is really interesting. Hope something is up their sleeve. 2025 not that far away now either.

Is there a reason why Lucid claims we will get adapters in 2025 whereas Ford and GM are supposedly getting access in Feb '24?

Is there a reason why Lucid claims we will get adapters in 2025 whereas Ford and GM are supposedly getting access in Feb '24?
Ford/GM signed up first

Could also be that Tesla does not expect to have many v4 superchargers installed until then.

Could also be that Tesla does not expect to have many v4 superchargers installed until then.
You would think they'd release access to the company that sells few cars first then 😂 and the volume EV cars from GM/Ford later lol

edit: also what does it have to do with V4? If you have a NACS adapter, why couldn't you plug in at a V3 stall? Assuming Tesla makes the stall software work

You would think they'd release access to the company that sells few cars first then 😂 and the volume EV cars from GM/Ford later lol
I think in this case, Tesla is being altruistic and letting all the Bolts go to Superchargers freeing them up from the EAs

edit: also what does it have to do with V4? If you have a NACS adapter, why couldn't you plug in at a V3 stall? Assuming Tesla makes the stall software work
Yes but only at 50kW.

ohh? I would think it would do 150kW like the 400V EA stations. Don't magic dock V3 stations do 150kw?
This has been discussed numerous times here on the forum. Also, much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

ohh? I would think it would do 150kW like the 400V EA stations. Don't magic dock V3 stations do 150kw?
I am not aware of any 400V EA stations but I guess there could be some really old ones. All of the EA stations that I have seen are 1000V. There are some older Chargepoint still at 400V.

I am not aware of any 400V EA stations but I guess there could be some really old ones. All of the EA stations that I have seen are 1000V. There are some older Chargepoint still at 400V.
There are plenty near me…but also plenty of 350kw as well, but good to know! Avoid the 150 stations sounds like! I just assumed lucid had something like the Taycan which allows it to step down to 400V/150kw charging

Attachments

• IMG_5841.png
    IMG_5841.png
    378 KB · Views: 28
There are plenty near me…but also plenty of 350kw as well, but good to know! Avoid the 150 stations sounds like! I just assumed lucid had something like the Taycan which allows it to step down to 400V/150kw charging
Those are 1000V 150kW chargers, they will actually put out 178kW into a 800V battery. They only put out 150kW into a 400V battery. They are current limited, not voltage limited.

Please read the first FAQ at www.lucidupdates.com. It addresses this in detail. Or, read this thread from the beginning. Lots of good info.

Back