Most annoying features that can't be fixed with OTA

Demosthenes

I'll preface by saying I absolutely love my GT even with the software at its current state of "in development" and excited to see what future OTA updates will bring. But was curious what people thought were the most annoying things about the car that can't be fixed by software updates. My list would be:

1. The wireless phone charger implementation is atrocious - I gave up on it after the first attempt to shove my iPhone 12 with case in there and just use a wired charging cable (and was pleasantly surprised that there is built in cable management haha)
2. The non-automatic opening and closing of the front center console covering - minor gripe, but don't see that being fixed by software
3. The tendency for the pilot panel to get covered in fingerprints that become super obvious in certain lighting situations - has anyone found a good screen protector solution for this?

Overall pretty minor stuff imo. What do you guys think?

I'll preface by saying I absolutely love my GT even with the software at its current state of "in development" and excited to see what future OTA updates will bring. But was curious what people thought were the most annoying things about the car that can't be fixed by software updates. My list would be:

1. The wireless phone charger implementation is atrocious - I gave up on it after the first attempt to shove my iPhone 12 with case in there and just use a wired charging cable (and was pleasantly surprised that there is built in cable management haha)
2. The non-automatic opening and closing of the front center console covering - minor gripe, but don't see that being fixed by software
3. The tendency for the pilot panel to get covered in fingerprints that become super obvious in certain lighting situations - has anyone found a good screen protector solution for this?

I think a major design flaw is not being able to keep the center console closed if you have a drink. The finish on the cover is very nice, but I essentially have to have it open all the time because the phone is in there and the drink holders are part of the console.

For now, I just keep a microfiber cloth in the car to wipe my screen every now and then. It's not too bad because the curved display is a dust magnet as well.

You should be able to get a cover for the pilot panel they will xpel finger prints. You would have to cut it to size though.

The studio’s excuse for the wireless charger is that it will adapt to your size, you just have to jam it in enough times. 😂

You should be able to get a cover for the pilot panel they will xpel finger prints. You would have to cut it to size though.

The studio’s excuse for the wireless charger is that it will adapt to your size, you just have to jam it in enough times. 😂
Oh you mean that mechanism will stretch to size and loosen up over time? Maybe I’ll give it a second go. Although the phone is completely invisible when it’s tucked into that slot and that’s slightly annoying too.

Still cant get the hand gesture correctly to open the charging port. Any recommendations? Is it a push, a swipe or a tap? Or how do you manually open it?

Still cant get the hand gesture correctly to open the charging port. Any recommendations? Is it a push, a swipe or a tap? Or how do you manually open it?
Push it. I don't always pushed on the right side of the door, but I'm not sure it matters

Push it. I don't always pushed on the right side of the door, but I'm not sure it matters
Will try that, I’ve been pushing, not too hard, in the middle of the cover. Will try other areas.

Will try that, I’ve been pushing, not too hard, in the middle of the cover. Will try other areas.
Take it back. From the manual

Screenshot_20220424-082617_Chrome.jpg

Push on bottom right corner. I just open it via the virtual button for charging on the left side of the dash though, works great.

I get the app and car buttons but for me is more convenient to just do it manually once I have the charging cable ready instead of having to take my phone out, look for the app and open it.

You don’t need the app for anything. If you’re in the car just push the charger button on the left dash, take EA cable and plug it in, then get back in the car and turn on the massage/music haha. I love how well the plug and charge works, it’s easier than putting gas in the car, just takes longer.

any ideas where to get a cover for the pilot panel that can be cut to fit? All I can find is standard products.

I thought there was a posting awhile ago in this forum that Lucid was going to change the design of the wireless phone charger. The implication seemed to be that there would then be a retrofit program. I need to look for that post on this forum.

Looked for it and found it: it was a report from @hydbob on March 22 in the Cell Phone Charger thread.

Last edited:
Back