More Software Bugs

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
Until the last two days I was feeling really lucky with respect to not seeing to many software bug but they seem to be coming after me now.

On Monday I tried to initiate Level 2 charging at work. The car would not initiate charging. No lights on the charge port, the iPhone App showed the car state as Driving, not parked or even sleeping. I left it sit plugged in for about 15 minutes but no charge started. I then unplugged and did the unlock-turn signal-lock reset. I tried again to initiate a charge and the car went into a charge pending state on both the charge port and iPhone app but did not start a charge. I unplugged again and did the valet card on the door pillar to lock to reset the car. That worked and in about 5 minutes I was able to initiate the level 2 charging.

Second issue was the car locking and shutting down after being unlocked for a minute. In both cases I was in the car getting situated and just before I was ready to back out of my parking spot, the car shut down and locked. In both cases a push on the brake pedal turned the car back on. Still with both a mobile key and a key fob the car should not be locking with me in it.

Today after backing out of a parking space and starting to move forward both the right cockpit panel and pilot panel went black and would not restart. The Pilot panel kept the Lucid logo and some background, the right cockpit panel was completely black. Both times seemed to coincide with asking Alexa to do something. In the firsts case I stopped and did the unlock-turn signal-lock-wait for turn signal to stop reset and that worked and the displays were fine. In the second case I did not have time to try the rest so I drove home with both screens not working. In this case the manual temperature switches and fan switches would also not work. It is a good thing that I set the temperature to 73 from the app before going out to my car.

Did I do something to get bad karma?

From my very limited experience I would say that a module or two are starting to fail

Perhaps you read too many of my posts? At one time or another, I had every one of these problems. Most were corrected by a central computer module replacement. However, the car did play the lock-out game with me a couple of days ago at the passenger unloading curb of an airport. A crowd of bystanders watched as I tried repeatedly to get back into the car while the door handles kept extending and retracting before I could grab one. I felt like Elmer Fudd trying to shoot Bugs Bunny.

The issues seem to be occurring with greater frequency.

On Sunday - Another blank screen. This time the pilot panel went blank as I was trying to set the seat ventilation. At first I thought is was completely off but then I realized that I was able to swipe music or navigation down to the pilot panel and those functions worked. Still the bottom row of vehicle functions were not present. In the previous blank pilot panel it displayed "LUCID" but nothing else.

Today
I tried start the AC using the remote climate control in my iPhone app. I tried 5 or 6 times and the climate control did not turn on. I have seen previously where the app would still show the “Turn On” button even after starting the climate control. I was level 2 charging at the time and when the climate control turns on, the charging rate goes way down. Hence, I know that the climate control did not turn on because the charging rate did not decrease.

Another false shock and tilt alarm.

Once near the car, the car would not unlock even with a double click of the key fob. I pushed on the door handle and the car unlocked. I put my back pack in the back seat and when closing the back door, the car locked again. I unlocked it again and removed the charge cable and the car locked again. I unlocked and sat in the drivers seat and as soon as I sat down, the car locked again and all screens went blank. A push on the brake pedal returned everything. This appears to be more than the usal slow response or the door handled presenting then closing.

During booting up after pushing the brake pedal a note on the right cockpit panel displayed a server connection error. Music was not available and the preprogramed home and work addresses were missing. This functionality returned after about 15 minutes of driving.

Lastly the dream drive system would not recognize speed limit signs for my drive home.

The car is going in tomorrow for the recall inspection and for all of the above.

On Sunday - Another blank screen. This time the pilot panel went blank as I was trying to set the seat ventilation. At first I thought is was completely off but then I realized that I was able to swipe music or navigation down to the pilot panel and those functions worked. Still the bottom row of vehicle functions were not present. In the previous blank pilot panel it displayed "LUCID" but nothing else.

Today
I tried start the AC using the remote climate control in my iPhone app. I tried 5 or 6 times and the climate control did not turn on. I have seen previously where the app would still show the “Turn On” button even after starting the climate control. I was level 2 charging at the time and when the climate control turns on, the charging rate goes way down. Hence, I know that the climate control did not turn on because the charging rate did not decrease.

Once near the car, the car would not unlock even with a double click of the key fob. I pushed on the door handle and the car unlocked. I put my back pack in the back seat and when closing the back door, the car locked again. I unlocked it again and removed the charge cable and the car locked again. I unlocked and sat in the drivers seat and as soon as I sat down, the car locked again and all screens went blank. A push on the brake pedal returned everything. This appears to be more than the usal slow response or the door handled presenting then closing.

During booting up after pushing the brake pedal a note on the right cockpit panel displayed a server connection error. Music was not available and the preprogramed home and work addresses were missing. This functionality returned after about 15 minutes of driving.

Lastly the dream drive system would not recognize speed limit signs for my drive home.

The car is going in tomorrow for the recall inspection and for all of the above.
Nothing to be concerned about here, because these are *only* software problems

Perhaps you read too many of my posts? At one time or another, I had every one of these problems. Most were corrected by a central computer module replacement. However, the car did play the lock-out game with me a couple of days ago at the passenger unloading curb of an airport. A crowd of bystanders watched as I tried repeatedly to get back into the car while the door handles kept extending and retracting before I could grab one. I felt like Elmer Fudd trying to shoot Bugs Bunny.
i remember reading that there are 2 reset methods. knowing what you know now, if the same thing happened to you again, would you just do the soft reset?

Until the last two days I was feeling really lucky with respect to not seeing to many software bug but they seem to be coming after me now.

On Monday I tried to initiate Level 2 charging at work. The car would not initiate charging. No lights on the charge port, the iPhone App showed the car state as Driving, not parked or even sleeping. I left it sit plugged in for about 15 minutes but no charge started. I then unplugged and did the unlock-turn signal-lock reset. I tried again to initiate a charge and the car went into a charge pending state on both the charge port and iPhone app but did not start a charge. I unplugged again and did the valet card on the door pillar to lock to reset the car. That worked and in about 5 minutes I was able to initiate the level 2 charging.

Second issue was the car locking and shutting down after being unlocked for a minute. In both cases I was in the car getting situated and just before I was ready to back out of my parking spot, the car shut down and locked. In both cases a push on the brake pedal turned the car back on. Still with both a mobile key and a key fob the car should not be locking with me in it.

Today after backing out of a parking space and starting to move forward both the right cockpit panel and pilot panel went black and would not restart. The Pilot panel kept the Lucid logo and some background, the right cockpit panel was completely black. Both times seemed to coincide with asking Alexa to do something. In the firsts case I stopped and did the unlock-turn signal-lock-wait for turn signal to stop reset and that worked and the displays were fine. In the second case I did not have time to try the rest so I drove home with both screens not working. In this case the manual temperature switches and fan switches would also not work. It is a good thing that I set the temperature to 73 from the app before going out to my car.

Lucid really has to step up on the software. My neighbor complains about issues like these a lot with his Air. He went from totally thrilled with his car to now despising it.

Sadly, Lucid people are more interest in talking how efficient it is, and how it has won many trophies everytime we asked them about improvement with software. The last software update was more than 3 months ago - and it's been dead quiet since March

i remember reading that there are 2 reset methods. knowing what you know now, if the same thing happened to you again, would you just do the soft reset?
There are three reboot methods that I know of. And yes a reboot fixes most of this. Still these issues should not be happening so that a reboot is required to correct them.

Sadly, Lucid people are more interest in talking how efficient it is, and how it has won many trophies everytime we asked them about improvement with software. The last software update was more than 3 months ago - and it's been dead quiet since March
I don't agree with this at all. I get the opposite impression when I report these issues to Lucid. Lucid loads data from my car and is asking the engineering teams to review. Your right they could be just blowing smoke my way, but that is not the impression that I get every time that I talk with them.

Had the black pilot panel and right panel for the first time today when driving out of work. Once I stopped at home and got out then got back in the car everything appeared normal. What are the two reboot sequences, could someone list them?

The Lucid engineers are beginning to think this also.
Hopefully Lemon laws apply to this….type of stuff. Most likely not. Dang as the delivery date draws closer these unwelcome issues arise. I consider software issues with music etc acceptable but when they mess with your driving, that is unacceptable. Thinking of buying that Kia as my backup, can‘t afford an Accord like the other gentleman said here on another topic.

Last edited:
BTW All these comments are being added on Stocktwits by the Bears lol.

Lucid really has to step up on the software. My neighbor complains about issues like these a lot with his Air. He went from totally thrilled with his car to now despising it.

Last update was end of March / beginning of April….Hardly 3 months.

I get that it’s been a while but let’s not exaggerate timelines to make things appear worse than what they are. The latest version I have has its quirks but not a deal breaker by any means.

Today

I was just gonna say I wonder if your car is one of the 1% the recall applies to, with screens blanking out etc. Something is seriously wrong with your car beyond the usual glitches. There’s a difference between “slow to load” or “needs design/UI/feature improvement” and total loss of most functionality which you are experiencing. Sorry man hope they find the problem.

Last edited:
Had the black pilot panel and right panel for the first time today when driving out of work. Once I stopped at home and got out then got back in the car everything appeared normal. What are the two reboot sequences, could someone list them?
Put car in park, turn turn signal to the left, get out of the car, lock the car with the fob, be far away enough from the car so that it doesn’t proximity unlock, when turn signal shuts off you can unlock the car and get back in.

Put car in park, turn turn signal to the left, get out of the car, lock the car with the fob, be far away enough from the car so that it doesn’t proximity unlock, when turn signal shuts off you can unlock the car and get back in.
That’s a hard reset ?

I was just gonna say I wonder if your car is one of the 1% the recall applies to, with screens blanking out etc. Something is seriously wrong with your car beyond the usual glitches. There’s a difference between “slow to load” or “needs design/UI/feature improvement” and total loss of most functionality which you are experiencing. Sorry man hope they find the problem.
This sounds exactly like the recall issue.

Back