More Software Bugs

I was just gonna say I wonder if your car is one of the 1% the recall applies to, with screens blanking out etc. Something is seriously wrong with your car beyond the usual glitches. There’s a difference between “slow to load” or “needs design/UI/feature improvement” and total loss of most functionality which you are experiencing. Sorry man hope they find the problem.

Lucid Customer Care told me that the wiring harness problem causes the left and center Glass Cockpit screens to black out. It does not affect the Pilot Screen (which is what Adnillien experienced) or the right side of the Glass Cockpit.

In fact, what he experienced is what led to the replacement of the central processing module in my car. I have not experienced problems with the Pilot Screen (except for one screen freeze) in the 3 months since the CPM replacement.

i remember reading that there are 2 reset methods. knowing what you know now, if the same thing happened to you again, would you just do the soft reset?

I would have resorted to that had it gone on much longer. For all the aggravation, the whole episode probably lasted no longer than some people spend hugging and saying their goodbyes at the airport curb.

We're heading into rainy season in Florida, though. I'm not looking forward to one of these episodes in one of our torrential downpours.

That’s a hard reset ?
Here’s the thread describing both procedures:

Hopefully Lemon laws apply to this….type of stuff. Most likely not. Dang as the delivery date draws closer these unwelcome issues arise. I consider software issues with music etc acceptable but when they mess with your driving, that is unacceptable. Thinking of buying that Kia as my backup, can‘t afford an Accord like the other gentleman said here on another topic.
While frustrating, I am very confident that Lucid will get these issues fixed just as they did for @hmp10 car. I am not anywhere near thinking about lemon laws or getting rid of the car. When it works right it is the best driving car that I have owned.

I had my first weird issue this morning. Trunk opened just fine via trunk button and pilot panel, but wouldn’t close either from pilot panel, or from the button inside the trunk. Tried to reset the car via turn signal method just to see if that would fix it, car wouldn’t reset (I’ve done the method before so I know how it works). I just closed the trunk manually, drove to my shop and nothing changed. Not sure if it’s software or hardware atm, but I emailed customer care and we will see what’s up. Not nearly as serious as the issues @Adnillien is experiencing, hopefully they get yours right, sounds like the module to me 🤷‍♂️

I had my first weird issue this morning. Trunk opened just fine via trunk button and pilot panel, but wouldn’t close either from pilot panel, or from the button inside the trunk. Tried to reset the car via turn signal method just to see if that would fix it, car wouldn’t reset (I’ve done the method before so I know how it works). I just closed the trunk manually, drove to my shop and nothing changed. Not sure if it’s software or hardware atm, but I emailed customer care and we will see what’s up. Not nearly as serious as the issues @Adnillien is experiencing, hopefully they get yours right, sounds like the module to me 🤷‍♂️
Anything blocking the sensor?

I had screen issues right after delivery in December - screens were replaced and no issues since. I have found that when you are using Alexa and the car wants to do something else, unpredictable results can unsure (usually fixed by a reboot). Recently driving using nav and I was asking Alexa to play music and, while I was talking to Alexa, the nav system wanted to give me directions. The screens then froze and I needed to stop and reboot to fix them.

Anything blocking the sensor?
I went out there just now to check - didn’t see anything and my trunk is empty. Positive thing, it closed via trunk button this time around 🤷‍♂️

Lucid service completed the recall inspection on my car and no issues were found. Engineering is still reviewing the screen crashes and false shock and tilt alarms and they have not provided any direction to the service team. Those issues are still open. Good news is the car preformed perfectly on the way to and from the Scottsdale service center.

I am beginning to think that the engineering teams are getting overloaded, not the service centers. Many issues are still being sent to engineering for review.

Lucid service completed the recall inspection on my car and no issues were found. Engineering is still reviewing the screen crashes and false shock and tilt alarms and they have not provided any direction to the service team. Those issues are still open. Good news is the car preformed perfectly on the way to and from the Scottsdale service center.

I am beginning to think that the engineering teams are getting overloaded, not the service centers. Many issues are still being sent to engineering for review.
How long is the inspection? Easy access or several pieces had to be removed for the inspection? Mine is due for tomorrow AM

How long is the inspection? Easy access or several pieces had to be removed for the inspection? Mine is due for tomorrow AM
It took about 25 minutes. They inspect and add a couple of ties to keep the harness away from anything that can rub on it.

Most everyone who has written in says their Air did not have the wiring problem. So why has there been no batch VINS given out for a month. Something else in quality control must have gone wrong.

Reading through all the issues people are facing, am glad I decided not to upgrade my reservation from Touring to GT and instead bought model S for now. Runs smooth and like how a sports sedan should. I am still high on Lucid and Rivian but will sit out for a year or two while sw/hw issues are resolved.

Reading through all the issues people are facing, am glad I decided not to upgrade my reservation from Touring to GT and instead bought model S for now. Runs smooth and like how a sports sedan should. I am still high on Lucid and Rivian but will sit out for a year or two while sw/hw issues are resolved.
I’m thinking the same! But now I’m locked into the lower prices and I’m stuck. 😂 So I guess I have to get one.

Two new issues today.

Was 64 degrees in the garage when I pulled out but over 90 outside. The DE kept showing 74 and did not turn the AC up. Second issue is that when I am listening to Tidal, and I make a call the car does not pick it up.

Anyone seeing either of these issues?

Two new issues today.

Was 64 degrees in the garage when I pulled out but over 90 outside. The DE kept showing 74 and did not turn the AC up. Second issue is that when I am listening to Tidal, and I make a call the car does not pick it up.

Anyone seeing either of these issues?
I thought auto-climate control was based on interior temp, not exterior? In any case I’ve never owned one car that was correct about the exterior temperature. I use the Lucid phone app to set the temp about 10 min before I go to the car, when it works it works great, but sometimes the app will say the climate control is. not on even though I clicked it on, and so you might have to try a couple of times to set the climate remotely. At least for me remote climate worked great until this latest iPHone app update. Now all sorts of stuff is glitchy, like the app will say the car is still driving when I’ve parked it an hour ago!

As for the Bluetooth calling, maybe try and switch your Bluetooth to phone only and not music? The Bluetooth phone functionality is terrible on my car, only works half the time or less, so I gave up and just use Siri but it sounds like it’s not using both music/phone functionality at the same time on your phone.

I thought auto-climate control was based on interior temp, not exterior? In any case I’ve never owned one car that was correct about the exterior temperature. I use the Lucid phone app to set the temp about 10 min before I go to the car, when it works it works great, but sometimes the app will say the climate control is. not on even though I clicked it on, and so you might have to try a couple of times to set the climate remotely.

As for the Bluetooth calling, maybe try and switch your Bluetooth to phone only and not music? The Bluetooth phone functionality is terrible on my car, only works half the time or less, so I gave up and just use Siri but it sounds like it’s not using both music/phone functionality at the same time on your phone.
The auto-climate control looks at the temp difference and has, until today, been working fine. Might start working again tomorrow! ;)

I’m thinking the same! But now I’m locked into the lower prices and I’m stuck. 😂 So I guess I have to get one.
Well, here’s hoping all those issues are resolved before you get your delivery! I am sure ultimately, everyone will enjoy their Lucid. But it can be frustrating in the interim. I am a bit particular about things and expect them to work Most times so am usually not an early adopter. But I do try to get on the bus quickly once it finally starts moving in the right direction.

This site is a mix of real owners who are generously sharing their experiences to help other owners, and also to help prospective buyers who want to know what they're getting into. It's also members who have reserved, maybe confirmed, who might or not buy, depending on what they learn here. I'm guessing the number of the latter is growing much faster than the former, at least because new deliveries have ground to a halt.

As a reserver who is here to learn as much as possible before a send a 6-fig wire, I'd really like to know how prevalent the problems/bugs are (let's face it--no owner has said she's been disappointed by the drive characteristics---they've met/exceeded early expectations). But the complaints strike me as a bit of a shock in terms of their variety and severity.

On this score, I dismiss the frequent qualifies: "we knew it was a start up", "you should have seen Tesla 8 years ago", ("you should see Tesla now!"), "they're only software problems"...etc.

Nope. It's 2022, Lucid started raising serious money 6 years ago, tech has only evolve in your favor over that time, your key people came from Tesla and left because they knew better (which I believe), market acceptance is greater than you could have predicted (30,000 @ $100K!)

Someone posted here--w/o any comment--the opinion that Lucid released the car to the public before it was ready. To me, this is key--but what does "ready" mean? For the people who's car when turtle for no reason, or screens went black on the highway, or whose doors locked them out (or IN!!)--THEIR cars weren't ready to be released to them. But are these outliers, or the norm, within the the maybe 1500 cars that have been delivered? If the majority of new owners are having serious problems I want to know it before I buy

I think Lucid is at a tipping point...vs Tesla, Lucid is supposed to be Next-Gen...if they disappoint in important ways, buyers like me will simply wait it out for the new offerings coming from all over the world in the next few years.

Lucid has seduced a lot of people (me so far) with great aesthetics and diving characteristic....but it can't be less reliable than a Honda Civic..at least for a a lot of us

Back