Mobile Key no longer recognized / detected - can't lock car with mobile key or by pushing in handle on door

I sort of hesitate to say, but I think we should know that this remains a problem for many. I got a new phone, and it's all updated in the car..if anything, this locking/waking problem is now worse. The time it takes for the car to wake up/unlock as I approach the door a) requires me to fondle the phone, and b) the time to open is a random variable with a mean of about 5 seconds but a standard deviation of about 40 seconds. I might wait a few minutes for the spinning circle of amber on the app, leaving me with the hope it wakes up instead of writing "vehicle offline," meaning I am SOL if I want to drive anytime soon, I have given up hope that it will wake up if I simply approach the car and now realize I must manipulate the iPhone to motivate it to unlock the car but be prepared to wait by the door for a while, nudge the handle, try approaching from the front, and finally pulling my key card out and doing it that way.

Today, I opened my car after a normal 5 seconds and phone fondling, opened the truck, threw a bag in, and the car re-locked itself by the time I walked to the driver's door. Then the app said "Vehicle offline". One full minute later it opened.

No fun, and likely no solution but it is madness and maddening.
Is your Location set to always with Precise Location turned on?

I sort of hesitate to say, but I think we should know that this remains a problem for many. I got a new phone, and it's all updated in the car..if anything, this locking/waking problem is now worse. The time it takes for the car to wake up/unlock as I approach the door a) requires me to fondle the phone, and b) the time to open is a random variable with a mean of about 5 seconds but a standard deviation of about 40 seconds. I might wait a few minutes for the spinning circle of amber on the app, leaving me with the hope it wakes up instead of writing "vehicle offline," meaning I am SOL if I want to drive anytime soon, I have given up hope that it will wake up if I simply approach the car and now realize I must manipulate the iPhone to motivate it to unlock the car but be prepared to wait by the door for a while, nudge the handle, try approaching from the front, and finally pulling my key card out and doing it that way.

Today, I opened my car after a normal 5 seconds and phone fondling, opened the truck, threw a bag in, and the car re-locked itself by the time I walked to the driver's door. Then the app said "Vehicle offline". One full minute later it opened.

It’s sad that they can’t fix basic issue. It’s embarrassing. I was waiting on Gravity but decided on another Tesla and picked it up last month. So much easier to use

It’s sad that they can’t fix basic issue. It’s embarrassing. I was waiting on Gravity but decided on another Tesla and picked it up last month. So much easier to use
You’re right, there’s definitely, absolutely, positively *no way* they improved anything between the launches of Air and Gravity. :)

Were you able to get us resolved. I even got a new phone and still have the same issue.
Not really. My work-around has been to have the mobile key and fob both active at the same time. It's frowned upon because they -can- conflict with each other and cause other weird behavior. In my experience though, the ways they fail are different, and a failure of one is usually covered by the other. The key word is usually. I know my fob battery is low when I have to start pressing on the door handle or fishing the phone out of my pocket to unlock.

It's frowned upon because they -can- conflict with each other and cause other weird behavior.
I have never experienced this. I carry both at all times, and my wife often has both her fob and mobile phone when we are together. SO that's 4 devices talking to the car. And it has never caused an issue.

I have never experienced this. I carry both at all times, and my wife often has both her fob and mobile phone when we are together. SO that's 4 devices talking to the car. And it has never caused an issue.
I've been told not to by Lucid service. Their words, not mine (I should've put quotes around that). The one time I've had issues was when the service van was here last week repairing a broken door handle. My office is close enough to the parking that during my wanderings the mobile key was intermittently causing the technician problems.

I've been told not to by Lucid service. Their words, not mine (I should've put quotes around that). The one time I've had issues was when the service van was here last week repairing a broken door handle. My office is close enough to the parking that during my wanderings the mobile key was intermittently causing the technician problems.
This was a thing in the past, where they would conflict sometimes. I haven’t had that issue in a long time, but I almost never carry my fob anymore.

I believe they did fix this tho

This pretty closely reflects my experience with my Pure and my iPhone 15 Pro. Based on the fact that nearly 100% of the time, my Model 3 unlocks before I try to open it, the necessary technology seems to exist.

A fix for that problem, along with an option to keep the car unlocked at certain locations like home, would really be appreciated.

This pretty closely reflects my experience with my Pure and my iPhone 15 Pro. Based on the fact that nearly 100% of the time, my Model 3 unlocks before I try to open it, the necessary technology seems to exist.

A fix for that problem, along with an option to keep the car unlocked at certain locations like home, would really be appreciated.
just because the tchnology exists doesn’t mean the Lucid has the necessary bits to make it happen. It’s a matter of both hardware and software. And the software can only go so far on the design of the hardware.

Can it get better? I hope so. But I don’t think it will ever be perfect on the Air, unfortunately.

Can it get better? I hope so. But I don’t think it will ever be perfect on the Air, unfortunately.
I've said this before: I would pay to have the current Air keyless entry system replaced with something as competent as from <insert most any other brand here>. I shouldn't have to offer this, and I'm sure I'm in the minority for how much of a detraction this "feature" is. But to me it feels like a Stradivarius, where the D-string is loaded with the cheapest elementary-school plastic replacement and it's just a little out of tune. Beautiful most of the time, superlative even. Then SCREEEE...

Is your Location set to always with Precise Location turned on?
Was going to ask the same question. Haven't had an issue with my mobile key in a very long time...

Finally, a piece of good news for mobile key afficionados!
My Pixel 6a mobile key, after I deleted both the bluetooth connection to the car and the mobile key, rebooted both the phone and the Lucid control panel, then connected bluetooth and created the mobile key again, everything started working as it should.
The car wakes up on approach with just the mobile key on me, doesn't complain about the missing valid key, isn't requesting that I enter the PIN, etc.
The whole un- and re-installation sequence got triggerred by the malfunctioning phone app in the Lucid.
My conclusion is that the Lucid app has gotten much better, but it needs to include some 'refresh' of the bluetooth connection to the car after software updates.

I almost have to unpair and then re-pait mobile key every update to get it working flawless again.

I almost have to unpair and then re-pait mobile key every update to get it working flawless again.
What mobile phone do you use?

My mobile key (phone) experience has been:

- Occasionally works as expected and unlocks the doors when I approach the car
- Occasionally works to unlock the doors when I press on the car door handles without unlocking the phone
- Usually works and unlocks the doors when I fish it out of my pocket and unlock the phone
- Occasionally will require unlocking the phone and pressing on the door handles before the car unlocks

(Once I get to this point in the process, odds are I’m going to be standing there for a bit waiting for the car to respond)

- The next thing I try is to open the Lucid app. Sometimes the act of opening the app coincides with the car unlocking, but I’m not sure it’s a correlation.
- Finally, I use the app to unlock the car. If the Bluetooth connection with the mobile key gets established while this whole process is happening, the car will unlock quickly. If not, the unlock command will wend its way through the cellular network in about 30 seconds.

Un-pairing and re-pairing the mobile key to the car hasn’t changed the behavior. And I’m pretty sure I have all of the location services set correctly for the Lucid app, but feel free to check my work:

View attachment 9364
View attachment 9365

My profile is the only one with keys assigned to it (I have a guest profile for the Bobby reset). When using the mobile key exclusively in this case, I keep the fob in a faraday pouch. I have a service appointment in a couple of weeks where I’ve asked them to specifically look into the keying issues because the fob is also inconsistent, but in different ways.
I thought that this exact sequence of pain was a long buried skeleton in the lucid closet of software versions 0.x and 1.x(low). Chagrined to see that it’s still alive and well. The way you described it so perfectly and methodically reminded me of those bad times 😅

For me personally, the unreliable mobile key issue seemed to perfectly resolve around the 1.x(mid) range or so. I used to just carry the mobile key and nothing else but my blissful key-free days ended when I had to start carrying other physical keys for unrelated reasons. And then I just started carrying the fob at all times too and I’ve never had a conflict between fob and mobile key (at least that I was aware of).

I might soon be able to divest all my physical keys once again and go back to just carrying mobile key so I’m following this thread with keen interest. Going back to having an unreliable mobile key would be…disappointing…

I thought that this exact sequence of pain was a long buried skeleton in the lucid closet of software versions 0.x and 1.x(low). Chagrined to see that it’s still alive and well. The way you described it so perfectly and methodically reminded me of those bad times 😅

For me personally, the unreliable mobile key issue seemed to perfectly resolve around the 1.x(mid) range or so. I used to just carry the mobile key and nothing else but my blissful key-free days ended when I had to start carrying other physical keys for unrelated reasons. And then I just started carrying the fob at all times too and I’ve never had a conflict between fob and mobile key (at least that I was aware of).

I might soon be able to divest all my physical keys once again and go back to just carrying mobile key so I’m following this thread with keen interest. Going back to having an unreliable mobile key would be…disappointing…
Except for two times for valets, I have not carried the fob with me for over a year. Mobile Key, at least on the iPhone, works very well.

I did not have to do that for sue for the last 2 updates.

I'm glad to hear things are working well for some of you with the mobile key, but mine is still very unreliable using a new iPhone 15 Pro. I've deleted and reestablished all of the connections as well as reinstalled the app after the latest OTA update came out, but the problems still exist. So frustrating.

Back