Mobile Key no longer recognized / detected - can't lock car with mobile key or by pushing in handle on door

If only fob is used, I assume you can continue to drive the car when the message of no key detected comes on?
(The Bluetooth for the my mobile key is disabled, hence the question)
Yeah, but it causes a problem once parked. You can’t open the trunk or frunk until it recognizes a key. I also use the auto-park feature, and once the parking maneuver is finished and the key isn’t seen, you can’t put the car back into drive to make adjustments until the key is recognized. Another example is with detailers. They often leave the fob in the car while they’re working on it, then the car complains about not finding the key and they can’t move it or open doors. It’s a real PITA.

I’ve had this issue for months. I can’t add a mobile key because it says that my fob is not recognized, even with a new battery. For a few weeks the car would not auto lock and go to sleep,but one day out of nowhere that started working.

I’ve been waiting for a service appointment for a couple of weeks, but no communication in over a week and it looks like I am considered a low priority. Please keep us posted.
It’s the inconsistency that’s so frustrating. Sometimes the whole system works exactly as expected, and it’s cool when it does. But then it gets lost in the weeds and drags you out there with it.

I’ve gone through four of the five stages of grief about this a few times now. It’s a spendy car that has this one severe annoyance that presents itself regularly but not consistently. It’s Schrödinger’s box to me. I hope some unicorn programmer can solve all of the various keying issues.

It’s the inconsistency that’s so frustrating. Sometimes the whole system works exactly as expected, and it’s cool when it does. But then it gets lost in the weeds and drags you out there with it.

I’ve gone through four of the five stages of grief about this a few times now. It’s a spendy car that has this one severe annoyance that presents itself regularly but not consistently. It’s Schrödinger’s box to me. I hope some unicorn programmer can solve all of the various keying issues.
I actually think that there could be a hardware element to this problem, otherwise more people would have the same issue. A few weeks ago I asked my service advisor if this was a known issue, so that we could try to figure out how to fix it. I never got an answer to my question, only a “I’ll look into it”. They actually had my car for a week for this and other issues, but it came back with all the same issue, except they fixed my steering wheel.

What did your service advisor tell you?

I about ready to scream as I am tired of waiting and waiting outside my car for it to wake up and it won't. I have to then go into the app and tell it to unlock the doors, which takes a while, then it unlocks. I get in and it says I have to enter my pin to drive. It didn't used to be this way, it's been really bad for about 2 weeks and has been happening before that but not nearly as often. It doesn't matter where I am so it's not a internet dead zone issue which is what Lucid thought might be wrong. I will be driving and it says key not detected. I will get in and it pulls up my husband's profile not mine, even though he isn't even in the same state! I am now having issues with it not locking when I push the handle in....and when I look at my phone app it says it's still driving! I am in park, I am out side the car - trying to get it to lock. When it says it's still driving, it will not lock with the app either - so I can't leave my car unlocked and on. It eventually will say it's parked and sleeping about 15 minutes after I get out of the car and am out of range of the vehicle. I have called Lucid and they say everything is set up correctly and it shows both my fob and my phone as keys. I quit carrying my fob as Lucid's first answer a few months ago was that my fob and my phone were conflicting. But this phone only arrangement is not working either. Any ideas?
I had a issue one day I kept my cell phone and physical key inside the car and it got locked then what I did i used another phone and logged in to Lucid APP with my user id and password then I could able to open it. Anyway lesson learned.

I actually think that there could be a hardware element to this problem, otherwise more people would have the same issue. A few weeks ago I asked my service advisor if this was a known issue, so that we could try to figure out how to fix it. I never got an answer to my question, only a “I’ll look into it”. They actually had my car for a week for this and other issues, but it came back with all the same issue, except they fixed my steering wheel.

What did your service advisor tell you?
She said they’ll look into it. Having service look at it is the last thing to try. Bobby mentioned at the last meetup that he knew someone who had the antennas replaced and it helped. I’m skeptical about that because of the different ways the two different keys manifest their problems. I genuinely think it’s a limitation of how the system is designed, and I will happily eat my words to be proven wrong.

She said they’ll look into it. Having service look at it is the last thing to try. Bobby mentioned at the last meetup that he knew someone who had the antennas replaced and it helped. I’m skeptical about that because of the different ways the two different keys manifest their problems. I genuinely think it’s a limitation of how the system is designed, and I will happily eat my words to be proven wrong.
Let’s hope you have a nice word meal.

I literally just heard from my service advisor and my car is going in next week. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Since the most recent update that was designed to improve door functionality my digital key:

Presents the door handles 80% of the time as I approach.
If the handles dont present, the door opens with a push on the door handle instantly 95% of the time and opens with a 10 second delay ( two or 3 pushes on the handle) 5% of the time.
I never carry my fob.
My experience is pretty much this same as Morgan (after the most recent OTA and then deleting the mobile key and reinterring it). Far more consistent after the OTA.

Could this be a GT vs Touring issue? ScooterSD and I both have a Touring and have success with digital key etc.

My experience is pretty much this same as Morgan (after the most recent OTA and then deleting the mobile key and reinterring it). Far more consistent after the OTA.
I’m stoked because I decided to try to re-link my mobile key again after reading this and bingo, it works! 2.0.50 rocks!

Maybe, I have a GT
I have a GT and it works well although sometimes it takes a couple extra seconds in this version. I offered my help above but have not heard from you.

I have a GT and it works well although sometimes it takes a couple extra seconds in this version. I offered my help above but have not heard from you.
I think some people just comment for the sake of negative commenting and dont want a solution. Just my 2 cents

I think some people just comment for the sake of negative commenting and dont want a solution. Just my 2 cents
And others have a "D'oh! Figured it out!" moment and may be too embarrassed to admit it. Still others just haven't come back to the thread after they asked a question.

So today I couldn't get the car to even open using my phone app. Gave up and went in and grabbed the fob. It worked perfectly. So I am going to just carry the fob since it's not recognizing my phone. I didn't have time or patience this weekend to delete mobile key and add it again. We will need to do that for both my husband and I as his app is not behaving either.

So today I couldn't get the car to even open using my phone app. Gave up and went in and grabbed the fob. It worked perfectly. So I am going to just carry the fob since it's not recognizing my phone. I didn't have time or patience this weekend to delete mobile key and add it again. We will need to do that for both my husband and I as his app is not behaving either.
Perhaps you should just delete the mobile key altogether and stick with the fob. That seems to work better in your situation.

Perhaps you should just delete the mobile key altogether and stick with the fob. That seems to work better in your situation.
Can I still have the app for charging - but just not use it for entering/driving the car as a mobile key? So when it's plugged into the charger, will I be able to look at my phone and see the amount it has charged? That was working on Saturday morning when we were charging the car. I am not sure if that was just luck that the car connected to my phone during charging or if the mobile key and the app are two different features.

Can I still have the app for charging - but just not use it for entering/driving the car as a mobile key? So when it's plugged into the charger, will I be able to look at my phone and see the amount it has charged? That was working on Saturday morning when we were charging the car. I am not sure if that was just luck that the car connected to my phone during charging or if the mobile key and the app are two different features.
Yes. Mobile key is complete separate from the app (except for setup and removal). App is fully functional even if mobile key is not set up or removed. Tap REMOVE VEHICLE from the mobile key in the app (icon in upper right corner).

Yes. Mobile key is complete separate from the app (except for setup and removal). App is fully functional even if mobile key is not set up or removed. Tap REMOVE VEHICLE from the mobile key in the app (icon in upper right corner).
I uninstalled and reinstalled lucid app for a different reason on Samsung s20 ultra running Android 12 and I was able add back the mobile key and it worked fine. After updating my phone to android 13 I cleared data and logged on again and I was able to add back the mobile key. Hope doing the same helps in your case. Clear cache and data and uninstall and reinstall the lucid app. Add back the mobile key and make sure that location permissions was given to lucid app all the time. Also make sure that Bluetooth is on all the time. Open the lucid app at least 1 minute before you drive and see if it wakes up the car and leave the app open while you drive.

ONLY after the update to improve the doors, have I had this same exact problem with the doors. This must be some new and novel definition of "improve" that I am not aware of.
I must now report (happily) that I solved "what is going on" in my case of the "keys and doors blues." I was having the same symptoms as @OCDC and @cyberwife. I found one of our fobs under the front passenger carpet. I removed that and everything went back to normal. It's a bit embarrassing but I report this to let everyone know that the reactions here are what made me think there was an errant fob inside the car causing this. Thanks for the thoughts

Back