Mobile Key no longer recognized / detected - can't lock car with mobile key or by pushing in handle on door

I uninstalled and reinstalled lucid app for a different reason on Samsung s20 ultra running Android 12 and I was able add back the mobile key and it worked fine. After updating my phone to android 13 I cleared data and logged on again and I was able to add back the mobile key. Hope doing the same helps in your case. Clear cache and data and uninstall and reinstall the lucid app. Add back the mobile key and make sure that location permissions was given to lucid app all the time. Also make sure that Bluetooth is on all the time. Open the lucid app at least 1 minute before you drive and see if it wakes up the car and leave the app open while you drive.
Opening the app one minute earlier will wake up the car. That might make the unlocking a slight bit faster. There is no need to leave the app open while you drive. The original poster on this thread has had the most luck with the fob and likely should stick with that until the app becomes more reliable for her.

Opening the app one minute earlier will wake up the car. That might make the unlocking a slight bit faster. There is no need to leave the app open while you drive. The original poster on this thread has had the most luck with the fob and likely should stick with that until the app becomes more reliable for her.
I see. That makes sense. Car is anyway awake. So closing the app while driving should make no difference. The car does remind me to take the mobile key with me when I put it in park because it remembered that I had the key to drive. I leave the app open because I know that I will drive again in 1 to 3 hrs before I come home. I could close and again open the app in that period and perhaps avoid vampire drain in that 1 to 3 hr period? I felt that the car was not unlocking quickly when I had the app closed. Perhaps it uses Bluetooth LE to take 30 sec or so to wake up the car when the app is closed and then unlock it.

I see. That makes sense. Car is anyway awake. So closing the app while driving should make no difference. The car does remind me to take the mobile key with me when I put it in park because it remembered that I had the key to drive. I leave the app open because I know that I will drive again in 1 to 3 hrs before I come home. I could close and again open the app in that period and perhaps avoid vampire drain in that 1 to 3 hr period? I felt that the car was not unlocking quickly when I had the app closed. Perhaps it uses Bluetooth LE to take 30 sec or so to wake up the car when the app is closed and then unlock it.
Still, having the app open or closed has no bearing on this.

Still, having the app open or closed has no bearing on this.
I see. But you say that waking up the car before I drive does make the mobile key unlock immediately even though not required? If so, I will continue to do that for now to open the trunk for example when I park without going to the pilot panel. One question I have is if the app is left open, will it keep the car awake or will the car go back to sleep again some time after I open the app and not approach the car.

I see. But you say that waking up the car before I drive does make the mobile key unlock immediately even though not required? If so, I will continue to do that for now to open the trunk for example when I park without going to the pilot panel. One question I have is if the app is left open, will it keep the car awake or will the car go back to sleep again some time after I open the app and not approach the car.
I just read the user manual and searched for the mobile key and Phone App and interestingly it does not say anywhere that I need to use the app just to lock and unlock the car when I approach. I will keep the app closed today when I want to drive and see how long it takes to unlock and when I walk away also I will notice it. I prefer not to open apps unless required. One less thing to do.

Last edited:
It will go back to sleep eventually. Opening the app just wakes the car up so all actions don't require any waking from the sleep state.

It will go back to sleep eventually. Opening the app just wakes the car up so all actions don't require any waking from the sleep state.
I am not sure if my experience is reflective of others, but my mobile app needs 30 sec to 1 minute to wake the car up. This is irrespective of the network involved. It is a bit of a pain to remember to wake up the app before deciding to leave. But, again, not sure if this is just my phone and it's not a big deal,

I am not sure if my experience is reflective of others, but my mobile app needs 30 sec to 1 minute to wake the car up. This is irrespective of the network involved. It is a bit of a pain to remember to wake up the app before deciding to leave. But, again, not sure if this is just my phone and it's not a big deal,
You should only need to launch the app and wake the car if you want to open the frunk or turn on the climate.

Unlocking should happen automatically without touching the app. That’s the whole point of the mobile key.

You should only need to launch the app and wake the car if you want to open the frunk or turn on the climate.

Unlocking should happen automatically without touching the app. That’s the whole point of the mobile key.
So I am told. But it has never unlocked without the car being awake (when only using the mobile key). Waking up is a 30 sec to one-minute process.

BTW: "awake" is an interesting adjective.. it can also be an intransitive OR transitive verb. It changes vowel sounds to change tense (awoke)...it drops the "a" depending on tense and sentence position...it must be a very old word.

So I am told. But it has never unlocked without the car being awake (when only using the mobile key). Waking up is a 30 sec to one-minute process.

BTW: "awake" is an interesting adjective.. it can also be an intransitive OR transitive verb. It changes vowel sounds to change tense (awoke)...it drops the "a" depending on tense and sentence position...it must be a very old word.
Waking up definitely always takes that long. But if you need to wake it up to unlock, there's something wrong with your mobile key setup. I assume you've removed mobileKey and then set it up again? And that Bluetooth is on in the car and the phone, etc?

If you go to Bluetooth settings on your phone do you see two items for Lucid?

It's possible there's something wrong with the bluetooth antenna in your car, or something else causing interference.

Waking up definitely always takes that long. But if you need to wake it up to unlock, there's something wrong with your mobile key setup. I assume you've removed mobileKey and then set it up again? And that Bluetooth is on in the car and the phone, etc?

If you go to Bluetooth settings on your phone do you see two items for Lucid?

It's possible there's something wrong with the bluetooth antenna in your car, or something else causing interference.
Yes, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile key. And Bluetooth is ON on both. Oh, well. I have mobile service coming Wednesday, I'll report what they say.

UPDATE- spent an hour on the phone with wonderfully patient customer care person. We deleted out my mobile key and tried to reinstall it. No luck car couldn't find the phone. They did some kind of reset of the system remotely from Lucid, it still couldn't find my phone. So we then got an ipad and tried to get it to find the ipad....no luck, the car is not finding any bluetooth devices - and yes all the bluetooth settings were "on" on the devices. We also have been experiencing the screens just going dark and backup cameras not available, along with no key detected both while still and driving. SOOOO all these things combined is leading Lucid to believe that there is something wrong on the bluetooth computer part of the car, which can cause a cascade of issues. We are now on the list to have a mobile tech come and see if they can figure out the problem. So no, I am not just posting here to whine and then not want an answer as some have insinuated. I have a legit issue and Lucid agrees.

UPDATE- spent an hour on the phone with wonderfully patient customer care person. We deleted out my mobile key and tried to reinstall it. No luck car couldn't find the phone. They did some kind of reset of the system remotely from Lucid, it still couldn't find my phone. So we then got an ipad and tried to get it to find the ipad....no luck, the car is not finding any bluetooth devices - and yes all the bluetooth settings were "on" on the devices. We also have been experiencing the screens just going dark and backup cameras not available, along with no key detected both while still and driving. SOOOO all these things combined is leading Lucid to believe that there is something wrong on the bluetooth computer part of the car, which can cause a cascade of issues. We are now on the list to have a mobile tech come and see if they can figure out the problem. So no, I am not just posting here to whine and then not want an answer as some have insinuated. I have a legit issue and Lucid agrees.
I'm glad it sounds like you're on your way to a resolution.

I kept my lucid app closed and approached the driver's side. After 1 minute it did not unlock and I pushed the door handle and it did not unlock. I opened the lucid app and it unlocked in 30 seconds. So I will continue my practice of opening the app 1 minute before I plan to drive and keep it open till I come home. Bluetooth LE perhaps eventually would have unlocked the car but I will not stand in front of the for more than 30 seconds for it to unlock. Even 30 seconds is too much for my patience.

I kept my lucid app closed and approached the driver's side. After 1 minute it did not unlock and I pushed the door handle and it did not unlock. I opened the lucid app and it unlocked in 30 seconds. So I will continue my practice of opening the app 1 minute before I plan to drive and keep it open till I come home. Bluetooth LE perhaps eventually would have unlocked the car but I will not stand in front of the for more than 30 seconds for it to unlock. Even 30 seconds is too much for my patience.
My car presents the handles as I approach about 75% of the time. About 27% percent of the time I have to push the handle and it opens immediately. About 3% of the time I have to open the app and wait to open it.

My car presents the handles as I approach about 75% of the time. About 27% percent of the time I have to push the handle and it opens immediately. About 3% of the time I have to open the app and wait to open it.
I'll admit math is not my best subject, but... isn't that 105%?

I'll admit math is not my best subject, but... isn't that 105%?
Yes ugh lol and I'm out of the edit window. Anyway you get the idea. I was modifying the percentages and forgot to change one. Good catch. SO the 27% push handle should be 22%.

For me, it seems like my car will go into a 'deep sleep' state if I'm away from it for a while (no clue how long 'a while' is other than at least a few hours). When this happens, the car won't automatically wake up/unlock when I'm near with my phone (I use phone as key exclusively). If I push on the door handle, it'll go in and the car will start to wake up, but the handles don't immediately present, and sometimes remain pushed in, oddly. If I open my app, the handles present immediately once the app is open and starts to wake the car. I don't need to 'unlock' through the app, just proximity.

Honestly, I like this feature/bug. I don't always want the car unlocking and waking up every time I go near it. I just wish it was an option I could configure.

Does anyone see this behavior?

For me, it seems like my car will go into a 'deep sleep' state if I'm away from it for a while (no clue how long 'a while' is other than at least a few hours). When this happens, the car won't automatically wake up/unlock when I'm near with my phone (I use phone as key exclusively). If I push on the door handle, it'll go in and the car will start to wake up, but the handles don't immediately present, and sometimes remain pushed in, oddly. If I open my app, the handles present immediately once the app is open and starts to wake the car. I don't need to 'unlock' through the app, just proximity.

Honestly, I like this feature/bug. I don't always want the car unlocking and waking up every time I go near it. I just wish it was an option I could configure.

Does anyone see this behavior?

I experienced something similar for the first few days of ownership.. I think I'm more of a consistency guy, and so my go-to routine now has been just opening the app on my phone as I'm going to the car, and then unlocking it through the app as I'm like 5 feet away. Bit of more work and I don't get the automatic handle popping out feature, but at least it's consistent for me and always works.

Hi, @cyberwife.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM for more info.

Marqie

Back