Mobile Key no longer recognized / detected - can't lock car with mobile key or by pushing in handle on door

My car presents the handles as I approach about 75% of the time. About 27% percent of the time I have to push the handle and it opens immediately. About 3% of the time I have to open the app and wait to open it.
For me, if I opened the app 1 or 2 minutes before I planned to drive, the car unlocked 100% of the time when I entered my garage and I was 6 ft from the passenger side front bumper.

Update on all this --- I have an S20 Android phone and experiencing the same issue. Actually, my Lucid is in the Scottsdale Service Center since Friday and at this very moment for this amongst other issues (parking sensors not working). So far, John at the service center is trying to isolate the issue which he was able to reproduce (no recognition of walk-up and pressing door handles also doesn't work), and it appears that it may be a Lucid - Android connectivity issue (proximity awareness) since he and the other service techs have been experimenting and it appears that the Apple iPhone works with the app closed, but the android does not. The Lucid service guys have reset all of it and confirmed that the location settings and bluetooth are all correct, but can't get the car to recognize the phone unless the Lucid App is open when on Android, but works fine on the Apple. They are creating an info ticket with Lucid engineers but they are still holding onto my car to play around with it some more.

Very frustrating !!!!

Parking sensors is another thing -- but will try to find a thread for that later. Front corner bumper sensors don't engage when I'm pulling into a spot.

The other day my car did not recognize my regular FOB. I opened the doors with my mobile key. The car for the first time requested that I enter my PIN, which was impossible because the pilot panel with the entry form was unresponsive. Got out and locked the car with my key card and upon reentry the same PIN request with the frozen pilot panel. Could not gain access to delete my key fob and try to pair it again. Since the car was frozen I did not know what to do so called customer care and almost immediately got Mike, a helpful representative on the line. My phone would not initially pair with the car and my iPhone seemed locked such that I could not select the audio output to the speaker for the conversation with Mike. We tried changing the profile but had no luck. After speaking with techs Mike was able to get the pilot panel to respond and entered the PIN but we were unable to delete the fob and try to pair it. Retrieved the second fob from my house in its Faraday bag since delivery with the original factory battery and it paired immediately. I replaced the battery in fob#1, which I have used without a problem since early Oct when I got the car and it paired immediately. This is strange because the Service Center replaced that fob battery 8 days earlier when I was in for a bear decal.

To say that the unresponsive pilot panel and the otherwise essentially bricked car were disconcerting when all I wanted to do was run a small errand on a Friday evening is an understatement. What if that happened at a stop on an interstate or another inconvenient place when the time was a factor? I am not going to carry two fob's and as long as I can enter the car I can get extra fob batteries, so forewarned is forearmed I suppose. Still, the glitches related to Bluetooth during this episode remain a mystery.

The other day my car did not recognize my regular FOB. I opened the doors with my mobile key. The car for the first time requested that I enter my PIN, which was impossible because the pilot panel with the entry form was unresponsive. Got out and locked the car with my key card and upon reentry the same PIN request with the frozen pilot panel. Could not gain access to delete my key fob and try to pair it again. Since the car was frozen I did not know what to do so called customer care and almost immediately got Mike, a helpful representative on the line. My phone would not initially pair with the car and my iPhone seemed locked such that I could not select the audio output to the speaker for the conversation with Mike. We tried changing the profile but had no luck. After speaking with techs Mike was able to get the pilot panel to respond and entered the PIN but we were unable to delete the fob and try to pair it. Retrieved the second fob from my house in its Faraday bag since delivery with the original factory battery and it paired immediately. I replaced the battery in fob#1, which I have used without a problem since early Oct when I got the car and it paired immediately. This is strange because the Service Center replaced that fob battery 8 days earlier when I was in for a bear decal.

To say that the unresponsive pilot panel and the otherwise essentially bricked car were disconcerting when all I wanted to do was run a small errand on a Friday evening is an understatement. What if that happened at a stop on an interstate or another inconvenient place when the time was a factor? I am not going to carry two fob's and as long as I can enter the car I can get extra fob batteries, so forewarned is forearmed I suppose. Still, the glitches related to Bluetooth during this episode remain a mystery.
I hate to say it, but when the pilot panel is frozen the only remedy that has worked for me is the “nuclear” reset. Luckily this has only happened to me twice so far. But at least it’s quick and gets the car back up and running.

I get the “No Key fob detected” message sporadically, even though I carry both the fob and the phone with me. But it never makes me enter a PIN. It just pops the message on screen then goes away a few seconds later. Definitely a glitch they need to figure out.

I hate to say it, but when the pilot panel is frozen the only remedy that has worked for me is the “nuclear” reset. Luckily this has only happened to me twice so far.
I don't know if I'd consider myself lucky if I had to do a nuclear reset on average more than once a month. Hopefully they've been collecting good data on these instances and can get them resolved in a future software update.

I don't know if I'd consider myself lucky if I had to do a nuclear reset on average more than once a month. Hopefully they've been collecting good data on these instances and can get them resolved in a future software update.
To be fair, the two were a couple of days apart, on the original version of the software my car shipped with. Since two OTA updates ago, this hasn't happened again. So I'm guessing they fixed whatever had caused my issue.

Update on all this --- I have an S20 Android phone and experiencing the same issue. Actually, my Lucid is in the Scottsdale Service Center since Friday and at this very moment for this amongst other issues (parking sensors not working). So far, John at the service center is trying to isolate the issue which he was able to reproduce (no recognition of walk-up and pressing door handles also doesn't work), and it appears that it may be a Lucid - Android connectivity issue (proximity awareness) since he and the other service techs have been experimenting and it appears that the Apple iPhone works with the app closed, but the android does not. The Lucid service guys have reset all of it and confirmed that the location settings and bluetooth are all correct, but can't get the car to recognize the phone unless the Lucid App is open when on Android, but works fine on the Apple. They are creating an info ticket with Lucid engineers but they are still holding onto my car to play around with it some more.

Very frustrating !!!!

Parking sensors is another thing -- but will try to find a thread for that later. Front corner bumper sensors don't engage when I'm pulling into a spot.
Thanks for posting this. I have the same issue on my S22 Android phone and wasn't sure what I was doing wrong as I had changed the recommended settings. Please advise if they find a fix!

Update - Lucid tech came out to the house - of course the bluetooth connected right up - unable to duplicate problem with absolutely no bluetooth connection from car to phone or car to ipad. He made sure all fobs and mobile devices were connected, on proper settings, and all software updates on lucid app and car were current (which they all were). He had no suggestion except to wake up car when I am in the house or in the grocery store so that it will be unlocked when I get there OR just carry the fob which he says is more reliable. Really nice guy, sounds like many people are having these kinds of frustrations. But now that I read Z-squad's post I think he may be on to something. I too have an Android and I think having the app open or closed might be a clue! I will test on mine today!

Update - Lucid tech came out to the house - of course the bluetooth connected right up - unable to duplicate problem with absolutely no bluetooth connection from car to phone or car to ipad. He made sure all fobs and mobile devices were connected, on proper settings, and all software updates on lucid app and car were current (which they all were). He had no suggestion except to wake up car when I am in the house or in the grocery store so that it will be unlocked when I get there OR just carry the fob which he says is more reliable. Really nice guy, sounds like many people are having these kinds of frustrations. But now that I read Z-squad's post I think he may be on to something. I too have an Android and I think having the app open or closed might be a clue! I will test on mine today!
Definitely seeing more issues on the forum with the Android mobile key than the iPhone. I'm not sure if it is car software-related or just the way Android devices transmit their Bluetooth signals.

What is the nuclear reset option? My Air Touring is only 3 days old, and it doesn't always wake up on approach unless I open the app on my Pixel 6a

Definitely seeing more issues on the forum with the Android mobile key than the iPhone. I'm not sure if it is car software-related or just the way Android devices transmit their Bluetooth signals.
The way it currently works for me is that my Android Pixel 6a only wakes up and unlocks the car on approach if the app on the phone is open. If it's not, the mobile key, aka my mobile phone, does nothing. Your software people need to fix that

The way it currently works for me is that my Android Pixel 6a only wakes up and unlocks the car on approach if the app on the phone is open. If it's not, the mobile key, aka my mobile phone, does nothing. Your software people need to fix that
I'm not sure what you mean by "your people." This is not an official Lucid site. If you have a software request or bug to report, please contact Lucid customer service directly.

Ooops, sorry Bobby, I meant to post this for the Lucid Customer Service guys. My apologies

I have an android as well and that’s how it usually works for me as well

Two days ago after driving to work, the passenger door would not open/unlock with app (fob was in bag in car). Tried to unlock door from inside, again from app, nothing. Gave up and went inside, car auto locked. Hour later doors unlocked like normal.

Today, went out with just phone, car woke up, could not open any doors. Lock/unlock with app, nothing. Got fob, nope. Turned off/on bluetooth, nothing. Pressed handles, nothing. Few more rounds of unlock/lock and eventually the back doors only would open. Called customer care and was told to climb into drivers seat from back and open doors that way (said pull all the way back on inside handles). That worked on both front doors. Obviously would not have worked if back doors had never responded. CC said this is unusual and suggested I wait a bit and see if it happens again.

Two days ago after driving to work, the passenger door would not open/unlock with app (fob was in bag in car). Tried to unlock door from inside, again from app, nothing. Gave up and went inside, car auto locked. Hour later doors unlocked like normal.

Today, went out with just phone, car woke up, could not open any doors. Lock/unlock with app, nothing. Got fob, nope. Turned off/on bluetooth, nothing. Pressed handles, nothing. Few more rounds of unlock/lock and eventually the back doors only would open. Called customer care and was told to climb into drivers seat from back and open doors that way (said pull all the way back on inside handles). That worked on both front doors. Obviously would not have worked if back doors had never responded. CC said this is unusual and suggested I wait a bit and see if it happens again.
I would definitely describe this as unusual. I’ve only ever had slight problems with doors not opening. And in those cases, I could always get the driver’s door to open via the app or the keycard.

I always carry the keycard in my wallet as a last resort. And I never leave fobs or my phone in the car when I walk away from it.

In my experience, this is more likely to happen when your phone is not connected to the internet via WiFi. I've experienced similar situations several times, and either had to restart the Lucid app or wait some time for the phone to find its bearings via LTE or other cell service.

My solution: ditch the phone app. Use the FOB with a Faraday pouch. Take FOB out the pouch to wake/turn on car. Put it back in the pouch to immediately "turn car off". Since it limits FOB & vehicle communication, the battery lasts much longer. No need to press anything (except frunk opening).

Attachments

• 20230514_181425.jpg
    20230514_181425.jpg
    806.2 KB · Views: 48
My mobile key (phone) experience has been:

- Occasionally works as expected and unlocks the doors when I approach the car
- Occasionally works to unlock the doors when I press on the car door handles without unlocking the phone
- Usually works and unlocks the doors when I fish it out of my pocket and unlock the phone
- Occasionally will require unlocking the phone and pressing on the door handles before the car unlocks

(Once I get to this point in the process, odds are I’m going to be standing there for a bit waiting for the car to respond)

- The next thing I try is to open the Lucid app. Sometimes the act of opening the app coincides with the car unlocking, but I’m not sure it’s a correlation.
- Finally, I use the app to unlock the car. If the Bluetooth connection with the mobile key gets established while this whole process is happening, the car will unlock quickly. If not, the unlock command will wend its way through the cellular network in about 30 seconds.

Un-pairing and re-pairing the mobile key to the car hasn’t changed the behavior. And I’m pretty sure I have all of the location services set correctly for the Lucid app, but feel free to check my work:

View attachment 9364
View attachment 9365

My profile is the only one with keys assigned to it (I have a guest profile for the Bobby reset). When using the mobile key exclusively in this case, I keep the fob in a faraday pouch. I have a service appointment in a couple of weeks where I’ve asked them to specifically look into the keying issues because the fob is also inconsistent, but in different ways.
Were you able to get us resolved. I even got a new phone and still have the same issue.

Were you able to get us resolved. I even got a new phone and still have the same issue.
I sort of hesitate to say, but I think we should know that this remains a problem for many. I got a new phone, and it's all updated in the car..if anything, this locking/waking problem is now worse. The time it takes for the car to wake up/unlock as I approach the door a) requires me to fondle the phone, and b) the time to open is a random variable with a mean of about 5 seconds but a standard deviation of about 40 seconds. I might wait a few minutes for the spinning circle of amber on the app, leaving me with the hope it wakes up instead of writing "vehicle offline," meaning I am SOL if I want to drive anytime soon, I have given up hope that it will wake up if I simply approach the car and now realize I must manipulate the iPhone to motivate it to unlock the car but be prepared to wait by the door for a while, nudge the handle, try approaching from the front, and finally pulling my key card out and doing it that way.

Today, I opened my car after a normal 5 seconds and phone fondling, opened the truck, threw a bag in, and the car re-locked itself by the time I walked to the driver's door. Then the app said "Vehicle offline". One full minute later it opened.

No fun, and likely no solution but it is madness and maddening.

Back