Mobile key is non functional and valet card is completely unreliable

pam4_AGT

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Over the last couple of days, my mobile key changed from generally-okay to completely non-functional. I have already emailed customer service. Has anyone been having issues off late?

1. My iPhone is set to auto update so the app version is most likely the latest.
2. Car software version is 1.2.6 (updated sometime last month).
3. I have tried turning the phone on/off, bluetooth on/off (both car and phone), resetting the car, reinstalling the Lucid app on the phone (and relinking mobile key) after forgetting the mobile key (second bluetooth device on the phone, first one being the one for audio+phone). No luck at all.
4. Add to this, the valet card has never worked on the driver side door (part on order). I did not know the passenger side B-pillar also has a card-reader. That is extremely unreliable and I've seen it work only twice. Yes, I've tried pressing in the door handles (spent too much time on this forum).

At this point, I might have to start carrying the fob. Right now the only way for me to get into the car without a fob is to click "unlock/lock" on the Lucid app. If there is no cell service, I'm screwed.

Over the last couple of days, my mobile key changed from generally-okay to completely non-functional. I have already emailed customer service. Has anyone been having issues off late?

1. My iPhone is set to auto update so the app version is most likely the latest.
3. I have tried turning the phone on/off, bluetooth on/off (both car and phone), resetting the car, reinstalling the Lucid app on the phone (and relinking mobile key) after forgetting the mobile key (second bluetooth device on the phone, first one being the one for audio+phone). No luck at all.
4. Add to this, the valet card has never worked on the driver side door (part on order). I did not know the passenger side B-pillar also has a card-reader. That is extremely unreliable and I've seen it work only twice. Yes, I've tried pressing in the door handles (spent too much time on this forum).

At this point, I might have to start carrying the fob. Right now the only way for me to get into the car without a fob is to click "unlock/lock" on the Lucid app. If there is no cell service, I'm screwed.
Had the same issue happen as well after the IOS App update last week. Mobile key no longer functional despite removing it and setting up again. I noticed Customer service as well. I am now using Fob...

Had the same issue happen as well after the IOS App update last week. Mobile key no longer functional despite removing it and setting up again. I noticed Customer service as well. I am now using Fob...
Thank you! This is why I love this forum.

For people who have used the valet card successfully, does the car unlock right away with the card only - or does it have to wake up which itself takes quite a bit of time? I'm assuming that you did not try waking up the car (using the app on your phone) prior to this.

Additionally, do you have to press the handles in multiple times for it to unlock with the valet card? I'm going nuts with that valet card.

For people who have used the valet card successfully, does the car unlock right away with the card only - or does it have to wake up which itself takes quite a bit of time? I'm assuming that you did not try waking up the car (using the app on your phone) prior to this.

Additionally, do you have to press the handles in multiple times for it to unlock with the valet card? I'm going nuts with that valet card.
I used the valet card the first time this happened and just held up to the pillar and the doors immediately unlocked and car woke up.

Same. Using iPhone as well. Emailed customer care but got default “thanks for sharing feedback” response. 🫤

Screenshot_20220712-170200_Lucid.jpg

@hydbob, Thanks I'm going to try pressing it harder next time around. BTW.. did you know that there is a card reader on the passenger side B-pillar also?

I've had the same issue happening. it came out of nowhere. My mobile key worked but was generally unreliable too many times. it is embarrassing waiting for the car to wake up just to get in the car via the app. I am just standing next to the car looking silly, as everyone admires the car because it is so beautiful.

Check the location setting in your phone. I’m wondering if that is the problem for some people. If it is set to “while using the app”, then the mobile key will only only work if the app is open. If set to “always” then the car will open when the phone gets close, whether or not you have the app open. i actually change my setting to the former because the car would wake up every time I walked by the garage. Now I just open up the app when I am getting ready to go out and close it when I get back home. I have not experienced a problem with it.

Check the location setting in your phone. I’m wondering if that is the problem for some people. If it is set to “while using the app”, then the mobile key will only only work if the app is open. If set to “always” then the car will open when the phone gets close, whether or not you have the app open. i actually change my setting to the former because the car would wake up every time I walked by the garage. Now I just open up the app when I am getting ready to go out and close it when I get back home. I have not experienced a problem with it.
Thanks . I had checked that as well but still not working. Was working perfectly fine prior to App update

It definitely became more of an issue with the latest iOS update. I ended up having to remove the mobile key and add it back in which resolved the issue. I did have an issue on the weekend where the App just wouldn't wake the car up and the mobile key refused to work. Force quitting the App etc. did nothing and pushing the handles did nothing also. Eventually had to pull out the card to get the car to unlock.

It definitely became more of an issue with the latest iOS update. I ended up having to remove the mobile key and add it back in which resolved the issue. I did have an issue on the weekend where the App just wouldn't wake the car up and the mobile key refused to work. Force quitting the App etc. did nothing and pushing the handles did nothing also. Eventually had to pull out the card to get the car to unlock.
Has anyone at Lucid actually acknowledged the problem with the app and said they are working on fixing it? Oh wait, who am I kidding?!

So, my wife hasn’t updated the app and her’s works. Mine still does not

Has anyone at Lucid actually acknowledged the problem with the app and said they are working on fixing it? Oh wait, who am I kidding?!
Did anyone tell them? I didn’t because removing the key and adding it back fixed the issue. If it was a mass problem this forum would’ve lit up but seems it’s hit and miss to who it happens to.

Did anyone tell them? I didn’t because removing the key and adding it back fixed the issue. If it was a mass problem this forum would’ve lit up but seems it’s hit and miss to who it happens to.
Yes, I’ve an email thread with them. There are at least a handful of people right here who have the same issue.

Back