Valet Card

PyynkBOB

Cars
Air GT, Zenith Red, 19"
I experimented a bit with the valet card, as well as read the user's manual, and it appears that driving with the valet card isn't possible without first entering my pin number. This seems illogical to me, and rather defeats the purpose of using a valet card, because I have to give the valet my pin number, which is inherently just as insecure as giving them the fob, and a bit of a logistical nightmare because then the valet has to key track of the pin. Is this truly how the valet card works, or have I missed something?

I experimented a bit with the valet card, as well as read the user's manual, and it appears that driving with the valet card isn't possible without first entering my pin number. This seems illogical to me, and rather defeats the purpose of using a valet card, because I have to give the valet my pin number, which is inherently just as insecure as giving them the fob, and a bit of a logistical nightmare because then the valet has to key track of the pin. Is this truly how the valet card works, or have I missed something?
It’s not a valet card. I know Lucid calls it that. But think of it more like an emergency backup card. Something to carry with you in case your fob fails, you lose your phone, etc.

For valet, most of us just hand over the fob. Or don’t valet.

Handing over my fob is what I've done up to this point, and it sounds like you're confirming what I've found to be true with the "valet card", so many thanks!

My frustration with handing over my fob, whether to a valet, the car wash, or the service center, is that with one of the more recent software updates the ability to restore my seat preferences has stopped working. The result is that now each time my car is returned to me, I'm no longer able to just hit restore to get my seat back to where I want it. Instead, I have to reset and re-save my preferences. I was hoping to avoid this dilemma with the valet card. Ah well! Hopefully the restore option for the seat will be fixed soon.

Handing over my fob is what I've done up to this point, and it sounds like you're confirming what I've found to be true with the "valet card", so many thanks!

My frustration with handing over my fob, whether to a valet, the car wash, or the service center, is that with one of the more recent software updates the ability to restore my seat preferences has stopped working. The result is that now each time my car is returned to me, I'm no longer able to just hit restore to get my seat back to where I want it. Instead, I have to reset and re-save my preferences. I was hoping to avoid this dilemma with the valet card. Ah well! Hopefully the restore option for the seat will be fixed soon.
It would be nice if the car had a Valet mode you could choose from the pilot panel. The fob still leaves Valet(s) confused. I would pay dearly for a decent fob. The fob should be able to be used by anyone, and the basic functions of the car should be understandable to anyone who drives many car makes frequently. The basics should require no instruction.
If the basics do need instruction, a valet mode should display instructions on the screens.

Are you in park when you’re trying to hit restore? If yes, you likely need service to redo the seat homing.

(Same thing happened to me; it’s not due to a SW update, to my knowledge, but was coincidental)

Ah, good to know! I have indeed been in park when I've tried to use restore, which has been greyed out, leaving save to profile as the only option. I thought my inability to restore my seat preferences was spurred by a recent update, but perhaps the timing was coincidental. The next time I need to interact with service I'll have them take a look at the seat homing. Many thanks!

driving with the valet card isn't possible without first entering my pin number
Actually, it is possible. See below:

Actually, it is possible. See below:
Oh, that's also good to know! Though, if I use this method, will it effectively unlock all of the instrumentation, allowing changes to be made to the various configurations, etc.? And if so, is there a way then to link a valet card with a specific profile, to at least avoid unwanted changes to my profile?

Oh, that's also good to know! Though, if I use this method, will it effectively unlock all of the instrumentation, allowing changes to be made to the various configurations, etc.? And if so, is there a way then to link a valet card with a specific profile, to at least avoid unwanted changes to my profile?
I don't think so. I think it just allows you to 'start' the car without the fob or a pin. Many have been asking for a true Valet Mode for quite some time. Maybe eventually...

There is no “true valet mode” at present.

Back