Using The Valet Key Card

experiment458

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Dream P
DE Number
I may be late to the party here but I have confirmed there is a way to start the Lucid Air with only the valet key card.

- Unlock/Lock: Tap the card on the B pillar just above the camera.
- Start/Drive: Bypass the PIN by tapping the card to the right of the center microphone array (See picture)

This allows the valet, car wash, or other guests to use the car without the key fob or your PIN

Attachments

• 9AA94EDB-0033-4130-A0A4-BE566B0F0E97.jpeg
    9AA94EDB-0033-4130-A0A4-BE566B0F0E97.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,268
So, no one is going to ask experiment458 how this information surfaced?? OK, I will --

How the heck did you learn this??

'nough said!

So, no one is going to ask experiment458 how this information surfaced?? OK, I will --

How the heck did you learn this??
It's in the user manual and it came up in another thread about valet access and pin codes.

It's in the user manual and it came up in another thread about valet access and pin codes.
curiously the manual doesn’t show how to start the car and actually says you have to enter the PIN if you want to drive with just the valet card.

Attachments

• F6BE07F6-C473-4FEA-9649-E4C9574A745A.png
    F6BE07F6-C473-4FEA-9649-E4C9574A745A.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 448
curiously the manual doesn’t show how to start the car and actually says you have to enter the PIN if you want to drive with just the valet card.
Ahh dang, that's what the service guy told me, said "it's in the manual if you forget"

I may be late to the party here but I have confirmed there is a way to start the Lucid Air with only the valet key card.

- Unlock/Lock: Tap the card on the B pillar just above the camera.
- Start/Drive: Bypass the PIN by tapping the card to the right of the center microphone array (See picture)

This allows the valet, car wash, or other guests to use the car without the key fob or your PIN
My question is how would a valet or car wash person know how to do that?

My question is how would a valet or car wash person know how to do that?
You would have to tell them for now. Not very intuitive. I’m going to suggest they put instructions on the screen like Tesla.

I wonder if it makes sense to put it on the card?

I wonder if it makes sense to put it on the card?
The whole point of having a pin is to prevent someone from driving off with your car using the Valet card. If you put the information On how to drive it on the card, why have a pin? Just saying….

The whole point of having a pin is to prevent someone from driving off with your car using the Valet card. If you put the information On how to drive it on the card, why have a pin? Just saying….
I think he meant where to place to card on the pillar to get the car to drive.

But the card is a key. What’s the difference handing them a key fob? Can’t expect them to remember a PIN

Tesla does this a bit differently. They have a PIN to drive and a separate valet mode (with different PIN to disable). When not in valet mode, you still need to enter a PIN to drive regardless of what key you used. The Tesla key card (but not the key fob) can be used to program other keys, and each key can be linked to a driver profile so the profile loads automatically (instead of Lucid's facial recognition), but there isn't a notion of primary vs. secondary profiles.

I've only had my DE briefly before I left it with the detailer so haven't had the chance yet to try this out myself. From what I understand about Lucid, it seems like my PIN is used to unlock settings and the primary driver profile. Is the Lucid key fob more powerful than the valet card because it lets you drive without a PIN and without using some trick?

Tesla does this a bit differently. They have a PIN to drive and a separate valet mode (with different PIN to disable). When not in valet mode, you still need to enter a PIN to drive regardless of what key you used. The Tesla key card (but not the key fob) can be used to program other keys, and each key can be linked to a driver profile so the profile loads automatically (instead of Lucid's facial recognition), but there isn't a notion of primary vs. secondary profiles.

I've only had my DE briefly before I left it with the detailer so haven't had the chance yet to try this out myself. From what I understand about Lucid, it seems like my PIN is used to unlock settings and the primary driver profile. Is the Lucid key fob more powerful than the valet card because it lets you drive without a PIN and without using some trick?
Lucid is basically identical to Tesla in function besides Lucid requires a pin and Tesla doesn’t. But the pin is only to start the car without a key. You assign key cards, fobs, phone, and face to each profile just like Tesla.

Lucid is basically identical to Tesla in function besides Lucid requires a pin and Tesla doesn’t. But the pin is only to start the car without a key. You assign key cards, fobs, phone, and face to each profile just like Tesla.
My delivery host did not link the key card to any profile. Is this something that should have been done? We did link the key fob, phones and facial recognition to our profiles.

Back