Mobile key is non functional and valet card is completely unreliable

Just wanted to update the status of my issue with the mobile key that had started after the iPhone app was updated (there were at least a couple of people on this thread who also had the same issue after the app update). I have not had issues with the mobile key since Jul-15-2022.
Copying/pasting below from my detailed log I'm maintaining about every single issue I see. I'm guessing what fixed it was the OTA update 1.2.7 but obviously cannot state that with complete certainty. PS: I had deleted and resinstalled the same iphone app before the OTA update too but that made no difference.

Jul-15-2022:
  • Deleted iPhone app and reinstalled the same version again (1.16.0).
  • Repeated the exact same steps that I did earlier on Jul-11/12. Mobile key finally started working!

Jul-13-2022: Software updated to 1.2.7.

The erratic issue I had been seeing with my valet card is solved. Looks like I may have been the only one with this wiring harness/connector issue. Here is a summary - copying/pasting from my detailed log:

Aug-16-2022 and Aug-17-2022 (Millbrae drop off):.
  • This was related to the antenna module on driver side B-pillar for the valet card that never worked.
  • The mobile tech who came a week earlier had root caused this to a wiring connector that was behaving weirdly. It looked like it was making electrical contact with the body of the car. He had also noted that a wiring harness was not secured properly.
  • Issue resolved by fixing the connector/harness (not sure of the exact details).
  • This was probably the first time this issue came up in a Lucid.
  • New info: The passenger side B-pillar also has the same module but that only works when the car is *not* in deep sleep. This was why I was seeing erratic behavior while using the passenger-side card reader. The driver side reader works even if the car is in deep sleep mode.

Aug-10-2022 (Tech visit from Millbrae):.
  • Visit was originally to replace antenna module on driver side B-pillar since valet card never worked on that side.
  • Demonstrated to tech that valet card did not work on the passenger side B-pillar either. It worked on the passenger side when keyfob was near. He acknowledged there was a problem on passenger side too.
  • Replacing module did not fix the issue. The tech narrowed down the problem to a wiring harness connector at the bottom of B-pillar on inside of the car. He was able to unlock the car by just moving around the connector on the inside. He also noted that this harness was not secured properly. The erratic behavior of passenger side valet-card reader might be related to this.
  • Tech mentioned that Tesla uses the same antenna module.
  • Car needs to be dropped off at Millbrae for 3 days next week for fixing and verifying.

The erratic issue I had been seeing with my valet card is solved. Looks like I may have been the only one with this wiring harness/connector issue. Here is a summary - copying/pasting from my detailed log:

Aug-16-2022 and Aug-17-2022 (Millbrae drop off):.
  • This was related to the antenna module on driver side B-pillar for the valet card that never worked.
  • The mobile tech who came a week earlier had root caused this to a wiring connector that was behaving weirdly. It looked like it was making electrical contact with the body of the car. He had also noted that a wiring harness was not secured properly.
  • Issue resolved by fixing the connector/harness (not sure of the exact details).
  • This was probably the first time this issue came up in a Lucid.
  • New info: The passenger side B-pillar also has the same module but that only works when the car is *not* in deep sleep. This was why I was seeing erratic behavior while using the passenger-side card reader. The driver side reader works even if the car is in deep sleep mode.

Aug-10-2022 (Tech visit from Millbrae):.
  • Visit was originally to replace antenna module on driver side B-pillar since valet card never worked on that side.
  • Demonstrated to tech that valet card did not work on the passenger side B-pillar either. It worked on the passenger side when keyfob was near. He acknowledged there was a problem on passenger side too.
  • Replacing module did not fix the issue. The tech narrowed down the problem to a wiring harness connector at the bottom of B-pillar on inside of the car. He was able to unlock the car by just moving around the connector on the inside. He also noted that this harness was not secured properly. The erratic behavior of passenger side valet-card reader might be related to this.
  • Tech mentioned that Tesla uses the same antenna module.
  • Car needs to be dropped off at Millbrae for 3 days next week for fixing and verifying.

Okay, here are more details from the invoice regarding the issue with the connector:

"Found driver side security node short to GND. Remove driver B-pillar trim, inspect connection to BT NFC Left B_Pillar: DT_06407, found BD0642C:FLRY-A_0.35_RD~WH pin inserted backwards
thus lock is on the wrong side. Correct pin installation and re-connect. clear faults and test functionality, driver side security node now works correctly
."

Check the location setting in your phone. I’m wondering if that is the problem for some people. If it is set to “while using the app”, then the mobile key will only only work if the app is open. If set to “always” then the car will open when the phone gets close, whether or not you have the app open. i actually change my setting to the former because the car would wake up every time I walked by the garage. Now I just open up the app when I am getting ready to go out and close it when I get back home. I have not experienced a problem with it.
Wow. This has been driving me crazy for the past weeks since I got the car. Excellent tip.

Had the same issue happen as well after the IOS App update last week. Mobile key no longer functional despite removing it and setting up again. I noticed Customer service as well. I am now using Fob...
Me, too. Same issue. Same update. Same timing.

Not sue if this already included but I would like to be able to open the garage door from The Lucid App (use Homelink feature).

Not sue if this already included but I would like to be able to open the garage door from The Lucid App (use Homelink feature).
is this available in any car app right now?

is this available in any car app right now?
Use your garage door opener app… I have mine attached to HomeKit through MyQ so: “Hey Siri open the left garage” works.

Use your garage door opener app… I have mine attached to HomeKit through MyQ so: “Hey Siri open the left garage” works.
Yea I know that, but @muhanadkais wants it built into the Lucid app, which I personally think is overkill and probably not something worth implementing.

Yea I know that, but @muhanadkais wants it built into the Lucid app, which I personally think is overkill and probably not something worth implementing.
I don’t it will hard to do and from one app you be able to open the garage door and pull the car forward/backward.

I ran a trial for a couple of weeks to build some confidence using only my cell. as a backup, I removed the battery from a fob and stored them separately in the car and kept the card in my wallet to gain entry if the phone failed. I did find operation with the cell to be very reliable. Repeated trials with the card have also permitted entry without fail.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ which was used and preferred to open the car. I have reset this damm thing 3-4 times already. Basically, the phone works just fine and then all of a sudden the phone is no longer identified in the car as a key. It just disappears and trying to reinstall it does not work or only works sometimes. Apparently, the 3 digit code on the phone blue tooth is for the phone, contacts and blue tooth connections only. Then there is a 5 digit blue tooth code which acts as your key. My phone works in the car just fine as a phone but will not allow me to passively open or close the doors or start the car with entering the 5 digit code. Very frustrating. A service advisor is coming to my house next week to see if they can resolve it, unless someone here knows what the problem is. Do you have to connect your phone as a key first and then as a phone.
Thanks in advance

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ which was used and preferred to open the car. I have reset this damm thing 3-4 times already. Basically, the phone works just fine and then all of a sudden the phone is no longer identified in the car as a key. It just disappears and trying to reinstall it does not work or only works sometimes. Apparently, the 3 digit code on the phone blue tooth is for the phone, contacts and blue tooth connections only. Then there is a 5 digit blue tooth code which acts as your key. My phone works in the car just fine as a phone but will not allow me to passively open or close the doors or start the car with entering the 5 digit code. Very frustrating. A service advisor is coming to my house next week to see if they can resolve it, unless someone here knows what the problem is. Do you have to connect your phone as a key first and then as a phone.
Thanks in advance
First step is to remove everything, reset the car and then start like you had just gotten the car. Also, Android and Samsung have been aggressively sleeping apps in the background which may contribute to your mobile key not working.

Also, settings, app, Lucid app, battery ---> unrestricted, permission-->> locations ---> allow all the time as a starting point.

Also, settings, battery and device care, battery, background usage limits, never sleeping apps, add Lucid.

Last edited:
... Android and Samsung have been aggressively sleeping apps in the background which may contribute to your mobile key not working. ...
Since upgrade from Android 12 to 13 I am finding that my S22+ seems to no longer be killing background processes... I base this on my usage of AccuBattery whose background monitor was often killed on 12 (sometimes multiple times a day), but seems to be stable today on 13.

Unfortunately I don't know if this has helped on the Lucid mobile key question... I can say that mine was flaky under Android 12, but I've not had access to my car since my phone was upgraded to Android 13... the car is currently at 4 weeks in the shop post having a Ford F650 tap me in the trunk (a $27,384.54 bill and what is looking like 2-3 months in the shop)... I got to drive the car for 3 whole weeks before this happened... sigh/cry/scream...

Back