Many of the features of the Air in the studios are grand touring only

AIR.LUCID

Cars
‘04 Prius, ‘98 MB SLK230
What they haven’t been saying is the following.

Hi Rich,

Per our phone call, it is true that Air Grand Touring, Touring, and Pure will differ in which options come as standard and which options are available for add-on. For example, The Air Grand Touring, which sits at $139k, will naturally come with different standard features than Air Pure at $77.4k.

In reference to the options you listed specifically:

• Massage seats are not available on Touring or Pure
  • Touring and above offer ventilated seats as standard, availability for Pure has yet to be determined
  • Touring comes standard with a 12-speaker 500-Watt Audio System
  • Leather and Alcantara dashboard trim is not available on Touring or Pure
  • Touring will come with a 700V+ charging system
  • Touring and Pure come standard with either Infinite Black or Stellar White. All other color options will assume an additional cost of $800 (Eureka Gold is not available)
I hope this gives you a clear picture of what comes as standard and what is an additional option with Lucid Air. The presence of additional premium features that can be optioned onto a lower trim level vehicle is a standard practice in the car industry. Thank you for understanding that our base trim level will not necessarily come with the features our top trim level will come with.
As always, please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Jessop

Pretty consistent with the response I received from this which I laid out here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/grand-touring-vs-touring-features.459/

A fully spec'd out Touring is still $26,000 less than the Grand Touring and the really the only thing you're missing out on are the extra miles, charging power, and horsepower. Unless you're a big massage seats person.
Thanks. I had been told that without surreal sound you only just don’t get Dolby. I think the glass canopy option on the Touring cost is undetermined.

Last edited:
Thanks. I had been told that without surreal sound you only just don’t get Dolby. I think the glass canopy option on the Touring cost is undetermined.

See the bottom of the post I linked, prices were given to me from Lucid. Canopy will be $4,000.

Thanks. I forwarded some of your list to my studio advisor, since he didn’t know. I also mentioned that they might want all of that on the web site.

My assumption is that it's easier to sell when you don't know (kinda scummy but a lot of sellers do this).

from the other thread it looks like with all the available upgrades on T, the cost between Touring and Grand Touring comes to around $26,000. the only upgrades that are not available for T are massage seats, Leather & Alcantara dashboard, and the extra 110 miles range/HP. are those worth $26k? I wish Lucid published the prices for all the options so we could compare them side-by-side.

Aren't the batteries the most expensive part?

They missed the boat, they should have made a GT w/ the 1100HP motor option, this would be a big seller, performance people could care less for all those fancy seat options.

They missed the boat, they should have made a GT w/ the 1100HP motor option, this would be a big seller, performance people could care less for all those fancy seat options.
They did. It's called the Dream Edition.

There's a rumor that they'll have a trimotor GT in a few year, which could definitely end up more powerful that the DE.

Yea, but the dream edition is not what a performance guy is looking for, too much fluff. Put that motor in the GT and there's a winner.

Wait a sec, what's the difference in the GT vs the Dream that makes the Dream fluff?

Yea, but the dream edition is not what a performance guy is looking for, too much fluff. Put that motor in the GT and there's a winner.

Lol. As a “performance guy” I can tell you the DE is fantastic, including all of its “fluff”

If you want a pure muscle car, I’d suggest looking elsewhere. The whole idea behind Lucid is power *and* luxury.

Wait a sec, what's the difference in the GT vs the Dream that makes the Dream fluff?
Numbers on the door…

… and 1111hp vs “up to” 800hp. They also get something like 30 extra miles on a charge and the exclusive color. Plus every GT has.

Fluff is the interior. DE has too few color options in and outside. Just give me the 1100 HP and I will pony up the extra 40K

We actually liked the Santa Monica interior the best, but it is exclusive to the Dream so we went with the Santa Cruz.

We have a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Dream Performance. Whatever "fluff" you think the Lucid Dream has, I can assure you it does not get in the way of performance. In fact, the Dream, though with a bit less punch off the line, slays the Plaid in terms of handling.

And, as hydbob said, every single luxury feature of the Dream is also present in the GT.

Lucid is going to offer something more along the lines you're probably thinking with the Tri-Motor Air that is in the works. Zak Edson, the VP of Sales & Marketing, told me the differences between the Air Grand Touring and the Tri-Motor will be analogous to the differences between a 5-Series BMW and an M5. However, if you've ever been in an M5, you'll know that it has plenty of luxury "fluff", too.

Last edited:
Back