Lucid value?

Psymac

I’ve had my Hyundai Ioniq 5 for about two months and can honestly say this is a wonderful car. Traded my 2021 GLS 450 and wanted a transition EV while waiting for my Lucid Touring to be delivered. The Ioniq 5 seemed to be the best choice for me given all the great reviews and the technology. It’s a Limited and I bought it for about 60K.

I can honestly say, having own several luxury cars, the Ioniq is pretty close with incredibly quiet and stable drive, BMW like and very confident. Also great interior room on par with several much more expensive competitors, and a long list of options and features. This includes heated and ventilated seats, level 2 autonomy, easy access entry, 800V fast charging, heads up display, wired CarPlay, Homelink, mature software functionality, etc.

Was at a charging station the other day and a Lucid GT parked next to me and I thought it is really a lot smaller than I had experienced when I test drove a GT three months ago. Really just got me wondering maybe the Lucid Touring value is something to question, especially with more competitors coming online within the next few months.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.20.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.20.01 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 189
  • Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.19.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-31 at 5.19.23 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Lucid is overpriced but they’ve taken the approach Tesla took initially. They overpriced the first models in order to get to delivering cheaper models. I believe Lucid / Peter have even said this.

It just comes down to whether you want to support a new company or happy sticking with the big boys who have decades of experience and multiple models to keep prices competitive etc.

I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with a friend of mine who has an Ioniq 5 limited like you. He's spoiled now. After going back home and driving his I5 is he looking at getting a Lucid instead. The I5 is great but it's just not in the same league according to him. Is it worth it? Jury is still out.

There is not one answers to this. Each person has such different criteria and desires and needs. Plus, the cost and value is relative to what you have, what is important to you and are willing to pay for what you get. This is so subjective for each and every person. After driving the Lucid, understanding what is behind it in regards to engineering, it works perfectly for me.

I had the opportunity to spend a weekend with a friend of mine who has an Ioniq 5 limited like you. He's spoiled now. After going back home and driving his I5 is he looking at getting a Lucid instead. The I5 is great but it's just not in the same league according to him. Is it worth it? Jury is still out.
'Natch....."

Luxury-branded cars, generally speaking, represent poor value. They offer an incremental real-world usage improvement in comfort and performance for a significantly higher price. This is true for Lucid, Mercedes, BMW, etc. Despite this, some - like me - are willing to pay.

Back