Lease Deals

Keith58

Verified Owner
I’ve been in touch with the guys at Lucid and put a deposit down on one of the grand touring they’re running the lease special on. I know leases have been discussed but this deal seems pretty fantastic. Anyone else taking advantage of this or any things I need to be aware of? I appear to be under 1700 a month for 36 on the grand touring with nowhere near the 10,000 down they were originally suggesting.

I guess more importantly I’m a car guy and love trading in and getting new things. Does everyone agree that this car is worth getting? I would happily take honest opinions because there’s a lot of interesting stuff coming on the market in the next year or so. I don’t usually do leases because you’re pretty much married to the car. With those who own them recommend them without reservations. I’m comparing this to things like the plaid, the new ioniq 5N, the R1S. anything but the German competitors.

I have the touring. On lease, hence the user ID(!). I would be careful of the mileage allowance, I'm driving more than planned , partly because I have free charging with EA right now, and partly because it's a cool car to drive! That being said, my lease has only 25c a mile for excess miles, which is cheap for a luxury car. The only concern on the gt is the battery restricting legroom in the back seat iirc. Good luck, sir!

I have the touring. On lease, hence the user ID(!). I would be careful of the mileage allowance, I'm driving more than planned , partly because I have free charging with EA right now, and partly because it's a cool car to drive! That being said, my lease has only 25c a mile for excess miles, which is cheap for a luxury car. The only concern on the gt is the battery restricting legroom in the back seat iirc. Good luck, sir!
Thank you very much! You’re happy with the purchase? Honestly, I’m still wondering if this is going work out because the lease price is about half what a similar priced Porsche Taycan be. But, that said, maybe they are just buying market share and getting some of these beautiful things out in public.

my 2021 Tesla now has 8400 miles on it so I’m taking 7500 a year which is probably three times what I need. My wife jokes that I pay all of money to have a paperweight in the garage. I always promise that we will use my car more but who wants to have two boys’s dirty sneakers in the oddly shaped rear seat footwells?

To add context to here, the legroom is the same but the floor is about 3 inches lower so the knees aren’t as high. The distance between the front and rear seats is the same for all Air models.

I’ve been in touch with the guys at Lucid and put a deposit down on one of the grand touring they’re running the lease special on. I know leases have been discussed but this deal seems pretty fantastic. Anyone else taking advantage of this or any things I need to be aware of? I appear to be under 1700 a month for 36 on the grand touring with nowhere near the 10,000 down they were originally suggesting.

I guess more importantly I’m a car guy and love trading in and getting new things. Does everyone agree that this car is worth getting? I would happily take honest opinions because there’s a lot of interesting stuff coming on the market in the next year or so. I don’t usually do leases because you’re pretty much married to the car. With those who own them recommend them without reservations. I’m comparing this to things like the plaid, the new ioniq 5N, the R1S. anything but the German competitors.
I bought my Touring just before year end '22. After suffering thru software challenges for the first 3months, things have really improved & I don't mind that I'm married to the car. It is just so much fun to drive. I volunteer to make 6-hour r/t drives !! I never used to enjoy driving so much. Whether you lease or buy. I think you'll really enjoy driving it.

The deal just got so much better overnight! There was a huge price reduction and they are giving both pro subscriptions for free. Already heard from Lucid that they are modifying my order to add the self driving and fancy stereo thing. Plus the price is being adjusted dramatically down.
As a current Tesla owner, I have to tell you that this level of attention and thoughtful service is really nice.

Thanks!! My order was updated online and now shows the two new additions and a initial lease amount that is about $15,000 less than yesterday.

The car is in Southern Florida and I am hopeful to get some pictures of it from the guys there today. Just need Bank of America to work their magic and it will be on a truck heading to me.

Does anyone in the buy a 2021 Tesla model three performance with 8200 miles? Otherwise it’s going to Carvana lol.

Hehehe - I'm so jealous! Good for you Keith, get em while it's hot!

Pure at $749 lease, Touring to buy from $95k, looks like they're walking back the previous price raises and then some -- https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lease-loan-offers
Don’t forget that’s with nearly $8,000 down. People tend to forget it’s a big difference between a no money down lease and one with a large down payment. Many people don’t like putting large cap cost reductions down for a variety of reasons (car is stolen, total loss, etc.)

With that said, these are still much better deals than what was being offered prior.

Thanks!! My order was updated online and now shows the two new additions and a initial lease amount that is about $15,000 less than yesterday.

The car is in Southern Florida and I am hopeful to get some pictures of it from the guys there today. Just need Bank of America to work their magic and it will be on a truck heading to me.

Does anyone in the buy a 2021 Tesla model three performance with 8200 miles? Otherwise it’s going to Carvana lol.
Interesting that yours was updated. Mine was a purchase and that may be why I see nothing new when I click on ‘view order’, it just shows the same basic info it always has.

Interesting that yours was updated. Mine was a purchase and that may be why I see nothing new when I click on ‘view order’, it just shows the same basic info it always has.
Mine showed the same as yesterday then showed change requested. A few hours later it was back but the attached PDF that opens was modified to show the price production and the addition of the new services. Maybe it’s a script that’s running through every order slowly in the background? I don’t think it has anything to do with purchase or lease because it’s just on the Main account section. in fact, I don’t even have an account with Lucid financial services yet because through still. I did get some pictures and it’s really beautiful

Hehehe - I'm so jealous! Good for you Keith, get em while it's hot!

Pure at $749 lease, Touring to buy from $95k, looks like they're walking back the previous price raises and then some -- https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lease-loan-offers
It’s not quite that simple. The Touring is only for existing inventory cars. Not likely to stay that way.

The Pure is a true price reduction. Which probably is there to help with the perception that Lucid only makes $100k+ cars. The difference between $87k and $82k is significant psychologically. (Rounding down instead of up.) A lot more people buy $80k cars than $100k cars.

The question is can they get the word out about this?

did the lease always include the pro versions of radio and dreamdrive?! if not, that IS a huge discount! and @kieth58, as a touring owner of about 5 months - totally agree with others on here, i make excuses to drive it... and i dont even have the massaging seats

It didn't. Those features are added now and the overall capitalized cost is reduced. I am waiting on a call tomorrow AM (Cali time) to get finalized numbers but anticipate about a $150 a month reduction from Friday.

How efficient is BofA working with Lucid? I applied for the lease Saturday - these days instantaneous approval is typical when I car shop but I got a "Lucid will be in touch with next steps" page.

thats awesome! i didn't end up using bofa (found a much better rate), but was able to get same day approval... hope you do too! the anticipation is worth it!

thats awesome! i didn't end up using bofa (found a much better rate), but was able to get same day approval... hope you do too! the anticipation is worth it!

Thank you! I’m happy to hear you say the anticipation was worth it. There’s one thing I’ve learned in my 50 years is that researching a car, shopping, and buying a car can be a lot more exciting than actually owning a car. It seems like an addiction that you just try to push off as long as you can lol.

Always a risk with a lease that the joy rubs off long before the term. But, I guess if we were all rational, transportation purchasing consumers we wouldn’t be buying a low volume ultra high-end vehicle from a brand new start up.

I have to say I’m enjoying the experience a lot more than with Tesla. The team at Lucid has been fantastic and this board has such a different feel than the fanboy approach over on the Tesla sites. You even can ask questions without getting flamed. it’s interesting that, from my unscientific reading of the board, many of us also have had Tesla along the way.

In order to find out if it's a good deal, I'd need more than what the website calculator shows because it doesn't show residual value or the money factor. I was also told that the terms are different depending on which model. If anybody got a recent grand touring I'd be interested to know the monthly payment, residual value, term, down payment and price.

Back