Lucid service scheduled - fastest they can take it is October 9th...

LucidPez

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
'23 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
QRLDUSC5
Lucid service times are getting pretty ridiculous. I bought the car in February and was able to get same day mobile service and even something a week out if not mobile.

I just contacted Lucid today for a frunk issue that has been plaguing my car. The next available time was October 9th. That is 35 days away which is kind of insane. I get they sold a ton of these Pure's for stupid cheap but they did not scale up service capabilities and now existing or older customers are paying the price.

It is really unfortunate and I really hope they fix this.

This is Costa Mesa, CA btw.

This is taking place in EV industry and is an unfortunate trend. I needed to buy a part from Tesla. It is not possible to talk with anyone. So I had to make a service appointment. I looked in all the service centers in my area and the earliest appointment was 42 days away. I ended up selling my Tesla Model Y and getting a Lucid Air. When I called to make an appointment with Lucia it was possible to take it in the same week. I am in Atlanta. Perhaps there are a lot of Lucid cars in your area. I hope they will improve.

This is taking place in EV industry and is an unfortunate trend.
I have had similar experience with Genesis. I have not had any emergency issues so it has been scheduling for routine maintenance and non urgent matters. My dealer has been booking me about one month out for those matters. Always with a loaner.

But I expect, and demand, that if I have an urgent issue, I could take the car right in and get a loaner right away. That is how it was with my BMWs and I expect the same from any "luxury" brand. Time will tell if my demands and my expectations are realistic.

There's a handful of pending recalls which I believe is part of the reason why the wait times are what they are.

And many of us are wondering why Lucid hasn't offered the 2025 chip swap just yet…

Between this and the imminent release of Gravity, which will more than double the customer base and push the limits of service even further, I do wonder whether Lucid will have the bandwidth to offer such an upgrade anytime soon.

And many of us are wondering why Lucid hasn't offered the 2025 chip swap just yet…

Between this and the imminent release of Gravity, which will more than double the customer base and push the limits of service even further, I do wonder whether Lucid will have the bandwidth to offer such an upgrade anytime soon.
Somehow doubting they would do this. Would be costly and I feel like they sold everyone the expectation of what our current cars do at that time as what they will do going forward w/o the need of additional upgrades. They arent bound to do that.

I've owned multiple EVs including Genesis, Ford, Audi before and I can say my service times were never this long for a wait.

Genesis came to me and picked up my car within a week and had it back to me a few days later. Audi was within 2-3 days. Ford I never had to take into service so can't relate specifically on that. 35 days even for a regular car is kind insane. If they want to grow the segment and prove to new customers that getting these cars is the future, I'm hoping manufacturers really start to ramp up service capabilities. Lucid only deals with EVs so everyone should be trained up on these unlike other OEMs. This is just a volume/capacity/capability issue.

Lucid service times are getting pretty ridiculous. I bought the car in February and was able to get same day mobile service and even something a week out if not mobile.

I just contacted Lucid today for a frunk issue that has been plaguing my car. The next available time was October 9th. That is 35 days away which is kind of insane. I get they sold a ton of these Pure's for stupid cheap but they did not scale up service capabilities and now existing or older customers are paying the price.

It is really unfortunate and I really hope they fix this.

This is Costa Mesa, CA btw.
I'm with you my friend (except I'm in Philly/King of Prussia)! I have had a rattling in the back of the car for months. I sent it in for service for a couple of days to fix the ribbon above the rear window that was creaking.

A couple of days later the sound came back. I called for an appointment two days ago and they gave me a date of October 2nd. They also made a point to say that the mobile service is incredibly backed up and probably couldn't come to diagnose the issue before then.

I don't know what to think about this--are there a ton of Lucid's out there that need service? That would be cool if the number of Lucid's is increasing, but incredibly worrisome if they all need to be repaired. Alternatively, is Lucid just woefully understaffed such that they can't handle these repairs and causing such a backup? Is it a combination of both?

Either way, I'll be driving this creaky car around for another month and cross my fingers that they actually fix the problem this time.

Perhaps they are prioritizing those which need urgent service such as a replacing bad or damaged sensor or a battery or something which makes the car less reliable. When I took delivery I noticed a couple of sometics things and I decided to wait for 3 months. I too waited a while to get the latch replaced in the frunk because it was showing open when closed and I had to push it again. However the service was excellent when they took care of it.

Perhaps they are prioritizing those which need urgent service such as a replacing bad or damaged sensor or a battery or something which makes the car less reliable.
I can attest to that.
Back in April, my rear seat's window motor broke down on the weekend. I called the support center and arranged a loaner vehicle and drop-off on Monday immediately.
The other "low-priority" initial issues (paint chips, loosened trunk cover, rear shelf rattle etc..) were pushed back to May.

The next available time was October 9th.

I won't say the frunk issue is a low priority, but you can probably ask the service manager why they are pushing back to the end of October.

I'm with you my friend (except I'm in Philly/King of Prussia)! I have had a rattling in the back of the car for months. I sent it in for service for a couple of days to fix the ribbon above the rear window that was creaking.

A couple of days later the sound came back. I called for an appointment two days ago and they gave me a date of October 2nd. They also made a point to say that the mobile service is incredibly backed up and probably couldn't come to diagnose the issue before then.

I don't know what to think about this--are there a ton of Lucid's out there that need service? That would be cool if the number of Lucid's is increasing, but incredibly worrisome if they all need to be repaired. Alternatively, is Lucid just woefully understaffed such that they can't handle these repairs and causing such a backup? Is it a combination of both?

Either way, I'll be driving this creaky car around for another month and cross my fingers that they actually fix the problem this time.
Do a search on this forum for “Bobby foam.”

Trust me. There’s no reason to suffer with the creaks. It’s a five-minute DIY fix.

I’m so sold on it I did the treatment to two rental Lucids I had when my car was in the shop early this year.

Another data point for a priority problem with another brand: the charge port in my EQS couldn’t be opened. Car was taken in right away but wasn’t fixed until 7 days later. An EQE SUV loaner was provided for the duration.

Last edited:
Do a search on this forum for “Bobby foam.”

Trust me. There’s no reason to suffer with the creaks. It’s a five-minute DIY fix.

I’m so sold on it I did the treatment to two rental Lucids I had when my car was in the shop early this year.
Life saver. Just bought the foam and can't wait for it to arrive. Do I literally just shove it where the window meets the rear shelf? Is it that easy??

Life saver. Just bought the foam and can't wait for it to arrive. Do I literally just shove it where the window meets the rear shelf? Is it that easy??
Yes. I find if you push down on the shelf with your hands, you can kind of figure out where there’s a bit too much play. Shove foam in the spots where there’s the most movement, and eventually, it’ll stop moving much altogether. At that point, it pretty much stays silent forever.

I find a plastic putty knife makes it easier to shove the foam down far enough to where you can barely see it from the outside.

I know recall was mentioned earlier but isn’t the only recall the ‘22-23 one that just requires the OTA for the fix? So I dunno if that is super clogging it up.

While I agree high priority items may usurp other issues but I had a scratched trunk hinge in February and that was fixed in a week and had a mobile tech come out to even get it working same day.

So it honestly feel like volume is killing Lucid service centers right now and they did not scale properly for this.

Makes me even more worried with Gravity on the horizon.

I can attest to that.
Back in April, my rear seat's window motor broke down on the weekend. I called the support center and arranged a loaner vehicle and drop-off on Monday immediately.
The other "low-priority" initial issues (paint chips, loosened trunk cover, rear shelf rattle etc..) were pushed back to May.

I think this is very reasonable in today's world. Schedule non priority items a month or so out but anything that creates a driving problem or risk will at least generate an immediate swap of the car for a loaner. I would go a step farther: so long as it is a reasonably equivalent loaner, they can keep my car so long as they need to.

I know recall was mentioned earlier but isn’t the only recall the ‘22-23 one that just requires the OTA for the fix? So I dunno if that is super clogging it up.

While I agree high priority items may usurp other issues but I had a scratched trunk hinge in February and that was fixed in a week and had a mobile tech come out to even get it working same day.

So it honestly feel like volume is killing Lucid service centers right now and they did not scale properly for this.

Makes me even more worried with Gravity on the horizon.a
It sounds like your frunk issue is a non priority item. What exactly is the issue?

It sounds like your frunk issue is a non priority item. What exactly is the issue?
Won’t open. Won’t close fully. Have to press it down. Takes quite a while to get it to fully close for the car to register it as close.

When it’s obv registering it as open, I can’t drive beyond 16mph

I have a counterpoint to some of these long wait service stories. Although I have yet to need any kind of service (knock wood), I called the Plainview service center regarding the annual inspection when my Air hit the one year mark. The service manager said I could come in virtually any morning as long as I called prior to leaving so that he’d have a tech available and waiting. He also offered mobile service should I want that. Further, after discussing my mileage and the components of the annual service, he said, ‘honestly, it’s really not necessary’.

After hanging up, I was impressed with how that was handled.

Back