Lucid parking lot

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
Just looked at Bears Saturday fly over. Why are cars just sitting in more & more parking lots & not going out to customers?

My guess is they are producing more cars than the car haulers can take away. However, with that said, it would be nice to see some car haulers on the property loading cars.
I wonder why Lucid doesn't buy or lease dedicated car haulers full time to take cars to the nearest rail loading area, then ship them to the distination cities, where other dedicated car haulers would take them to their respective holding areas where they would be kept awaiting delivery to service centers. Few car haulers would be needed and they could control the distribution process and delivery process better. Plus, Service Centers would not be overrun with cars awaiting PDI and delivery to customers. Hmmmm?

My guess is they are producing more cars than the car haulers can take away. However, with that said, it would be nice to see some car haulers on the property loading cars.
I wonder why Lucid doesn't buy or lease dedicated car haulers full time to take cars to the nearest rail loading area, then ship them to the distination cities, where other dedicated car haulers would take them to their respective holding areas where they would be kept awaiting delivery to service centers. Few car haulers would be needed and they could control the distribution process and delivery process better. Plus, Service Centers would not be overrun with cars awaiting PDI and delivery to customers. Hmmmm?
perhaps Lucid needs to fire another underperforming top executive

perhaps Lucid needs to fire another underperforming top executive
Remember, all of Lucid’s end of year goals are based on cars produced, not delivered. It makes sense they are cranking cars out as fast as they can, given this. They need to get rolling on Touring (and a separate line for Pure) asap. If there’s a bit of backlog on delivering GTs in the meantime, so be it.

Lots of things can hold up a delivery. Customers who are on vacation. Truck driver shortages. Staffing issues at the studios and service centers. Keeping the cars rolling off the assembly line in the meantime makes sense to me.

Remember, all of Lucid’s end of year goals are based on cars produced, not delivered. It makes sense they are cranking cars out as fast as they can, given this. They need to get rolling on Touring (and a separate line for Pure) asap. If there’s a bit of backlog on delivering GTs in the meantime, so be it.

Lots of things can hold up a delivery. Customers who are on vacation. Truck driver shortages. Staffing issues at the studios and service centers. Keeping the cars rolling off the assembly line in the meantime makes sense to me.
All true, I just don't know why the rail option isn't being used now, since they will be using it once the spur is built into the AMP-1 facility.

All true, I just don't know why the rail option isn't being used now, since they will be using it once the spur is built into the AMP-1 facility.
You need a lot more volume to make multi-mode transport economical. Maybe by 2024 they will start that.

Based on my recent experience (just took delivery last weekend), the bottleneck now seems to be staff who can handle the deliveries. With each one taking 2+ hours, plus detailing, final inspections etc, I don't think they have the capacity to get them to customers at the same rate that they're getting out of the factory. I'm sure that it varies a lot by region, but we had to wait nearly a week after the car arrived in Colorado to schedule delivery.
If that's the case, It doesn't make sense for Lucid to spend money shipping cars that can't be delivered.

Based on my recent experience (just took delivery last weekend), the bottleneck now seems to be staff who can handle the deliveries. With each one taking 2+ hours, plus detailing, final inspections etc, I don't think they have the capacity to get them to customers at the same rate that they're getting out of the factory. I'm sure that it varies a lot by region, but we had to wait nearly a week after the car arrived in Colorado to schedule delivery.
If that's the case, It doesn't make sense for Lucid to spend money shipping cars that can't be delivered.
It is not a surprise that as Lucid ramps production that the bottleneck moves from one location to another. I agree the current bottleneck now appears to be the delivery centers. They are all overloaded with cars. I hope they expand that quickly to catch up.

It is not a surprise that as Lucid ramps production that the bottleneck moves from one location to another. I agree the current bottleneck now appears to be the delivery centers. They are all overloaded with cars. I hope they expand that quickly to catch up.
They should outsource deliveries to current owners who also read this forum. We probably know everything possible from a user perspective.

They should outsource deliveries to current owners who also read this forum. We probably know everything possible from a user perspective.
I love this idea.

I love this idea.
do you want to make a trip to Dayton OH when I get my AGT delivery? I'd love to have your insights :)

do you want to make a trip to Dayton OH when I get my AGT delivery? I'd love to have your insights :)
I would if Lucid covered my trip 😁

Back in 2017, Tesla had same problem; ended up Tesla had to buy many haulers and many new fans were willing to volunteer for delivery. I doubt Lucid fans are that fanatical.

Back in 2017, Tesla had same problem; ended up Tesla had to buy many haulers and many new fans were willing to volunteer for delivery. I doubt Lucid fans are that fanatical.
I feel there is at least 3 of us who'd volunteer

I would absolutely do it in my area. Seriously.
Yea, it's be fun welcoming new owners to the club. Not sure legally how it works for them though.

When I was waiting to pick mine up at the studio in Denver, I suggested that the SAs should read this forum- I had asked some questions about sidewall bubbles on the 21s, or some of the other known issues, and they didn't seem to have a clue. So yeah- maybe some of us can get a side hustle working for Lucid- offset some car payments maybe?

When I was waiting to pick mine up at the studio in Denver, I suggested that the SAs should read this forum- I had asked some questions about sidewall bubbles on the 21s, or some of the other known issues, and they didn't seem to have a clue. So yeah- maybe some of us can get a side hustle working for Lucid- offset some car payments maybe?

We have been doing regular meetups here in Arizona and we have had the manager and several other Lucid folks at the meetups. So at least here, I think they are pretty knowledgeable.

@Steveinarizona, have you or anyone else enquired about a manufacturing tour? I drive past Casa Grande and the plant every couple of months, and both my wife and I would love to get the inside action view in person.

Back