Car delivery

Mac

Cars
Air Touring
I Bears video today it showed more & more cars in parking lots. Why are they not being delivered to customers?

Almost certainly due to a lack of truckers to get them out of there. Common theme across a lot of industries right now...

Interesting, I live in Miami & see plenty of trucks delivering Tesla’s & the other car dealers in the area. If Lucid had plans to produce more cars just before today’s 3rd quarter report. Maybe they should have developed a plan to have truckers as well.

Interesting, I live in Miami & see plenty of trucks delivering Tesla’s & the other car dealers in the area. If Lucid had plans to produce more cars just before today’s 3rd quarter report. Maybe they should have developed a plan to have truckers as well.
I don’t think it’s a lack of planning. It’s a lack of truckers. Also, the 3rd quarter closed over a month ago.

They reported 3 quarter results today November 8. Expected loss. Hope they get cars out For delivery ASAP

They reported 3 quarter results today November 8. Expected loss. Hope they get cars out For delivery ASAP
Sounded to me like they met, if not slightly, exceeded their Q3 production and deliveries and they're on track to meet their stated YE goal (6K-7K vehicles). Loss was a bit more than expected at a loss of $0.40 per share vs expected $0.31 loss per share.

A little more troubling was the 3K vehicle reservations decrease over the last 3 months or so. I would've like to have seen the number of reservations grow, not shrink as time went on. 🤨

plus, they need to come up with sub $45k that competes with the cheaper EV vehicles out there …

Lucid is a luxury (sorry, post luxury) EV manufacturer. I don't think they'll ever produce a car under $45k.
That is Peter’s stated goal, but it’s the car *after* the gravity that he’s aiming to do that with, or the one after that. Initially it’s all going to be luxury and sport.

You see them because they are working double time to meet demand. There are just far fewer truckers, in general, now than there were pre-pandemic.

Speaking strictly anecdotally, there are A LOT of cars parked at the Riviera Beach hub. Parking lot is practically full. Given the size of the shop, it will take a while to get through the backlog and get these cars prepped for delivery. I will be out there again in the next day or two to pick my car up from service and can snap a few photos.

Back