Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!

1729130003538.webp

If only we lived in a world where this kind of coil was possible <3

My EVSE makes a fairly loud click when I plug in to the vehicle. It sounds a switch or contact is being flipped. Is this common? I'm familiar with the car making a bunch of noises but I wasn't ready when the wall unit starts off with a loud pop.

My EVSE makes a fairly loud click when I plug in to the vehicle. It sounds a switch or contact is being flipped. Is this common? I'm familiar with the car making a bunch of noises but I wasn't ready when the wall unit starts off with a loud pop.
Mine does the same. I know of another person who has the charger and it does this as well. I assume this is normal.

Yes. All EVSEs contain a beefy relay ("contactor") that clacks on after the EVSE recognizes that it is connected to a car and may begin delivering power. When the car is disconnected or there is a fault condition, the contactor is de-energized, cutting off power to the EVSE's connector handle.

Back