Lucid Combined Home Charging System Installation tips!

I have a Lucid Home charger which pulls 80 amps. For a quick charge, it is great! If I am charging overnight, I would like to charge at lower amperage to alleviate the potential heat issues. Lucid should allow the car to pull fewer amps in their settings. If I charge overnight, I would like to do that at 40 or 50 amps, but if I need a quick charge, pull 80. Is this too difficult for them to do in a software update?

I have a Lucid Home charger which pulls 80 amps. For a quick charge, it is great! If I am charging overnight, I would like to charge at lower amperage to alleviate the potential heat issues. Lucid should allow the car to pull fewer amps in their settings. If I charge overnight, I would like to do that at 40 or 50 amps, but if I need a quick charge, pull 80. Is this too difficult for them to do in a software update?
A slight amount of hardware is involved, so only Lucid's powertrain engineering group would have that knowledge.

I have the same concerns so I just leave the black cover with the logo off for faster access to the DIP switches to adjust the current.
I may just decide to set it at 72 amp permanently, which is fast enough for me.

This is actually a great idea. I think even Apple devices learn how to optimize charging overnight. But having an option to quick charge the car at home would be great on the connected charger.

Back