Lucid Body Shop (Maryland)

vasili

Hello, we're from Maryland my dad owns an Air GT. Recently someone rear-ended my dad's car and now we need to get a new rear bumper/rear lights. We tried going to the local shop in our town, and apparently they weren't able to order parts because they weren't Lucid customers. Also our insurance doesn't want to help us out at all. If anyone here knows of any shops or the best way for us to order replacement parts, please let me know! Thank you guys!
View attachment 18702
image000000.jpg

Hello, we're from Maryland my dad owns an Air GT. Recently someone rear-ended my dad's car and now we need to get a new rear bumper/rear lights. We tried going to the local shop in our town, and apparently they weren't able to order parts because they weren't Lucid customers. Also our insurance doesn't want to help us out at all. If anyone here knows of any shops or the best way for us to order replacement parts, please let me know! Thank you guys!
View attachment 18702
image000000.jpg
Oof, that really sucks!

Customer care can provide you with a list of Lucid-certified body shops. Call them asap.

What do you mean insurance wouldn’t help you at all? Do you just mean wouldn’t help find a shop? That would make sense, since they wouldn’t know which ones are Lucid-certified. What insurance do you have?

Oof, that really sucks!

Customer care can provide you with a list of Lucid-certified body shops. Call them asap.

What do you mean insurance wouldn’t help you at all? Do you just mean wouldn’t help find a shop? That would make sense, since they wouldn’t know which ones are Lucid-certified. What insurance do you have?
We have Geico, and they essentially won't give him anything to repair the damage (I think they sent a check for $500 and that's it), and they won't provide a loaner either. I just got done talking to customer care, and they're having the service center in Tyson's reach out to us to hopefully we can just order the parts from them and have our local bodyshop work on it. Thank you so much for the response!!

We have Geico, and they essentially won't give him anything to repair the damage (I think they sent a check for $500 and that's it), and they won't provide a loaner either. I just got done talking to customer care, and they're having the service center in Tyson's reach out to us to hopefully we can just order the parts from them and have our local bodyshop work on it. Thank you so much for the response!!
Wouldn't you be going through the insurance of the party that hit you and not your own?

Wouldn't you be going through the insurance of the party that hit you and not your own?
I guess the only way that wouldn’t be the case might be if it was a hit and run? Maybe? But then you’d have uninsured motorist coverage or comprehensive maybe?

I guess the only way that wouldn’t be the case might be if it was a hit and run? Maybe? But then you’d have uninsured motorist coverage or comprehensive maybe?
I think we need more information from the OP. Was it hit and run or did he get info from the other driver? If the latter, was the other driver insured? If not, or if it was hit & run, does the OP have uninsured motorist coverage and what level of coverage.

I was assuming when the OP said no help from the insurer that he meant no help finding a Lucid certified body shop. And, as Borski said, call customer service and get a list of authorized shops in your general vicinity.

Finally, what was the $500 GEICO payment to your Dad for? Generally, insurers make payments directly to autobody shops, not a payment to the insured. Was it a progress payment?

Generally, insurers make payments directly to autobody shops, not a payment to the insured. Was it a progress payment?
That’s not always true, and they can do it either way. PURE paid one of the body shops directly, but reimbursed me for paying one of them. Insurance doesn’t particularly care.

Agreed. I have a claim pending where USAA sent me a check directly. That hadn't been the case in the past.

Back