Cautionary body shop tale

No we cannot, haha! My husband was driving when my car crashed into...I'm sorry....when the coyote crashed into my car. I'm with @Amster in the "no husbands allowed to drive the Lucid" club ;)
But I like how @Spin Doctor was trying to protect her identity :)
Fine, let’s turn it into a “my car crashed into a (fill in the blank)” thread. 😂

Some day I want to live in a place where coyotes are a real road hazard.

By your account, Tesla aren’t a real car company either. Here’s my autobody shop repair duration track record. Tesla Model S, 8 weeks; Tesla Model X, totalled; Tesla Model X, in the middle of COVID pandemic 18 weeks; Tesla Model X post COVID pandemic, 14 weeks.

As an aside, Lucid Air GT, 3 weeks.

In a fit of extremely poor judgment, I tried to drive my Touring into my garage from an unfamiliar angle, and caused some damage to the car’s front end in the process. Lucid customer service referred me to Chilton Auto Body San Carlos for the repair. San Carlos is a four-and-a-half-hour drive from where I live. I had to make the 9-hour round trip once for a 10-minute inspection so Chilton could prepare an estimate for the repair. They were able to get me in for the repair a few weeks later. I brought my car into them on August 7th. As of today (September 29th), it’s still there. I’ve been driving a rental car since August 7th. Insurance covered the first 30 days of the rental, and I am responsible for the rental cost after that at $50/day.

The repair included replacement of the headlight assembly. The first headlight assembly Chilton received proved to be defective, so it had to be re-ordered, and they’re still waiting to take delivery of the replacement. They had to replace one of the wheels, and the replacement wheel Chilton received was the wrong size. Other than parts snafus, the main cause of delay has been the need to send the car to a Lucid service center for calibration. There is a Lucid service center in Millbrae, which is not far from San Carlos, so distance is not the problem. The problem is that the Millbrae service center is overwhelmed with work.

My car will have to be re-calibrated at Lucid after the second headlight assembly is installed. I was told yesterday that Lucid can take my car on October 4th for the calibration. I called the Millbrae service center to see if they could take my car the same day the headlight was installed and was given a firm “no.” The service representative told me October 4th was already an expedited date. They are booked out into November for routine maintenance services.

I love my car, and like all of us on this forum, I want Lucid Motors to succeed as a business. I understand that they must focus on selling cars and making a profit. But Lucid Motors is not a real car company, and they won’t be a real car company until situations like mine are a thing of the past. Lucid service centers do not have a parts department, so body shops have to order parts from other suppliers. Lucid does not have dealerships, and there are too few Lucid service centers and Lucid-certified body shops. Chilton San Carlos and the Millbrae Lucid service center seem to be doing the best they can for me, but they can’t make me happy because the available infrastructure does not allow them to.

You may be thinking that the moral of my tale is: Don’t bang up your Lucid Air. But as Elvis Costello reminds us, accidents will happen. My accident was entirely my fault. Your accident may not be your fault at all.

My co-workers, friends and family have seen what I have been going through. One thing they know for sure is that they will never buy a Lucid Air.
My wife’s Subaru was in the shop for 3 months due to brake booster failure and then them not receiving the correct part. My friend’s ID4 was in for 7 weeks for power failures and ultimatley needed a new battery pack and they couldn’t even give him an ETA as to when it could be replaced so he’s doing lemon-law on his car. I feel your pain as I had very similar damage to yours, took 7 weeks to get my car back (partly due to insurance causing massive delays). It’s just the world in which we live. Sorry for your headaches but given Lucid is so new I’m not even slightly surprised they’re having some issues with parts/repair delays, which are affecting legacy auto makers as well. Lucid actually fixed my car quicker than my Mercedes when it needed the front left fender replaced when someone in a parking lot hit it. I think they’re doing fine.

My wife’s Subaru was in the shop for 3 months due to brake booster failure and then them not receiving the correct part. My friend’s ID4 was in for 7 weeks for power failures and ultimatley needed a new battery pack and they couldn’t even give him an ETA as to when it could be replaced so he’s doing lemon-law on his car. I feel your pain as I had very similar damage to yours, took 7 weeks to get my car back (partly due to insurance causing massive delays). It’s just the world in which we live. Sorry for your headaches but given Lucid is so new I’m not even slightly surprised they’re having some issues with parts/repair delays, which are affecting legacy auto makers as well. Lucid actually fixed my car quicker than my Mercedes when it needed the front left fender replaced when someone in a parking lot hit it. I think they’re doing fine.
Just to add to the chorus,:
1- our Honda Odyssey needed an engine mount that the local dealership said was on national back-order. Two months later, still no ETA from the dealership.
All on-line part suppliers refunded my money and there's no after-market option.
Meanwhile, fluid kept on leaking from the mount.
Per chance, I stumbled onto a Honda dealership in Maryland who graciously did a search in the Honda database and gave me the list of 10 dealers in the US having this part.
Not a typo, ten for the entire US. The first 3 were no go. Luckily, the 4th dealer stocked it.
2- One of our friends is still waiting for parts for her BMW radio, a year out.

Back